• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
VDV off Parker on.. when 1-1 looking for a win.. Criminal.

I find it hard to fathom why that decision was made. at 1-0 JD was stripped and ready, whats the diff at 1-1?

We would not have lost anything from losing today. Stupid decision.

I dont want to jump on this whole harry out thing but that decision is questionable at best

The fact is Harry looked at the bench, saw Cudicini, Nelsen, Livermore, a 5'0 striker , Louis bleeding Saha, GDS and the England Captain and didnt trust any of them other than Parker. I dont think he settled for a draw at all. He just has no faith in players outside his usual first 11.

If that's the case,then he can blame only himself for having these options because these are all players he has brought to the club(except gds)

I don't think we have different opinion on where the game was headed. I also thought we would struggle to find a 2nd goal, didn't surprise me although I was obviously hoping and cheering for it.

Where we seem to differ is on what kind of effect a change would have had. I thought the reason we would struggle to score a 2nd was the situation we were in, not the team we had on the pitch.

But you keep talking about chances. I dont think we forced given into a save in the second half. If you dont look like scoring and you need a goal, you try to make things happen. Or at least some people do.

So not sure who is going to do the OMT, but what are we going to do about Fulham? No Rose.

Options:

------------------Friedel-------------------
Walker-----Gallas--------Kaboul--------Bale
Lennon-----Modric-------Sandro------Giovani
--------------------VdV--------------------
-----------------Adebayor------------------

Walker-----King/Nelsen---Kaboul--------Gallas
Lennon-----Modric-------Sandro---------Bale

Lennon-----Parker-------Sandro------Modric

Lennon-----Modric-------Sandro------VdV
------------Defoe--------Adebayor----------

People keep repeating this thing about "settling for a point" when Parker came on as though the substitution happened in the 60th minute or something - it was the 89th minute for fudge's sake!!

"Settling for a point" is when there's plenty of time left but you decide not to chase the win. At no point today did Redknapp do that. By the time you get to the 89th minute you either put Parker on and tell Gallas and Kaboul to get up there, or you put on Defoe at the very time the Villa lines are at their most defensive.

And that's not to mention that the very idea of "settling for a draw" when down to 10 men away is ridiculous to begin with.

So not sure who is going to do the OMT, but what are we going to do about Fulham? No Rose.

Options:

Anything but option 3,we need Modric in CM

Options:

Any chance Kranjcar will be back for this? If so I would play Bale left back and Kranjcar on the left of midfield. Would hate to see us move Modric out left when we don't have Hudd to put in there. Especially at home when we need a win.

If Kranjcar isn't back I would go for the last team you posted. Would make us a bit open defensively and VdV isn't at his best from the left, but allow him to roam around a bit and have Bale push on and it would be our best option I think. If it doesn't work we could always swap VdV and Lennon...

Im thinking Gallas at LB.

Could revert to should we need to:

-------------------Brad------------------
--------Kaboul-----King-----Gallas--------
Walker-----Sandro-----Modric-------Bale
-------Lennon-----VdV------------------
------------------Adebayor--------------

Any chance Kranjcar will be back for this? If so I would play Bale left back and Kranjcar on the left of midfield. Would hate to see us move Modric out left when we don't have Hudd to put in there. Especially at home when we need a win.

If Kranjcar isn't back I would go for the last team you posted. Would make us a bit open defensively and VdV isn't at his best from the left, but allow him to roam around a bit and have Bale push on and it would be our best option I think. If it doesn't work we could always swap VdV and Lennon...

Kranjcar is in Zagreb,injured.

Options:

3 I reckon.

Options:

It will be 3 or 4. He is never gonna start GDS. And I think he'll pick Bale over Gallas at left back like he did today.

Thread full of idiots again.

If you are going to get irate about something, at least wait for it to be confirmed as true. The way we were pushing forward suggests we weren't settling for a draw. A substitution that late is irrelevant.

Plus a point might not be the worst thing. If Arsenal lose next week and we draw, it could be a valuable point. Same if we lose and Saudi Sportswashing Machine draw. We'd be kicking ourselves if we had gone all out, lost, and then realise that point is important.

Im disgusted with Harry. I actually feel sick in the pit of my stomach. Anyone thinking West Brom will get a point or win needs to wake up and smell the coffee. That wont happen because things like that dont happen to Spurs. We had our chance to have destiny in our own hands and we blew it. Nice one Harry. Watch us finish 4th and Chelsea win the CL.

T'riffic.

Thread full of idiots again.

If you are going to get irate about something, at least wait for it to be confirmed as true. The way we were pushing forward suggests we weren't settling for a draw. A substitution that late is irrelevant.

Plus a point might not be the worst thing. If Arsenal lose next week and we draw, it could be a valuable point. Same if we lose and Saudi Sportswashing Machine draw. We'd be kicking ourselves if we had gone all out, lost, and then realise that point is important.

So people have a different view to you and they are idiots, how swell

Im disgusted with Harry. I actually feel sick in the pit of my stomach. Anyone thinking West Brom will get a point or win needs to wake up and smell the coffee. That wont happen because things like that dont happen to Spurs. We had our chance to have destiny in our own hands and we blew it. Nice one Harry. Watch us finish 4th and Chelsea win the CL.

T'riffic.

Oh what like how Arse werent gonna drop points again Wigan? or the other one about how Norwich werent gonna get anything at Arse?

Are Manure going to Sunderland with the mentality that you and alot of people on here have?

I am seriously more confident about next weekend than I was about this weekend.

I'm so angry right now, we didnt even get going. Should have swarmed them from the 1st minute with pace and width, no messing about but we went out with a whimper. Given barely making a save.

So tinkled off I told the gf I'm not going out and now shes in a huff as well.

I'm so angry right now, we didnt even get going. Should have swarmed them from the 1st minute with pace and width, no messing about but we went out with a whimper. Given barely making a save.

So tinkled off I told the gf I'm not going out and now shes in a huff as well.

We did swarm all over them, including when down to 10. Villa parked the bus, Given made that great save, Dunne was outstanding and we got a horrible fluke against us.

As for going with a whimper, from my vantage point the players chased and ran their socks off. Hardly a whimper by any stretch.

Back