• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

What is this infatuation with work rate in our strikers and attacking wingers/forwards I could give a **** goals is what matters and Kane is our beat threat and must start

What is this infatuation with work rate in our strikers and attacking wingers/forwards I could give a **** goals is what matters and Kane is our beat threat and must start

I'm infatuated with work rate from everyone, effort beats ability every time

Because work rate from strikers (like most players) transfers into more goals scored for the team and fewer goals conceded for the team and this is more important than the pure number of goals scored by the individual striker?

And because for us to function as a unit in a high pressing system that many think Poch is moving towards you need all the players to work hard and be dependable in their work rate?

Berbatov would have outscored Welbeck every time, but Ferguson still chose Welbeck quite frequently. It's not just about the goals scored from the striker...

Work rate; the reason Kane got the second goal vs Brighton. As already noted, some strikers would've watched to see how that pass had worked out, instead Kane busted a gut to run into that space on the chance that the ball would end up there.

Kane has done well to score 8 goals so far in the Cup competition this season. But he has not been convincing in the league matches this season. I think, just like Lamela, Kane badly needs a goal in the league to improve his form.

Kane has done well to score 8 goals so far in the Cup competition this season. But he has not been convincing in the league matches this season. I think, just like Lamela, Kane badly needs a goal in the league to improve his form.

Playing a total of 63 minutes, spread across 5 games, I think anyone would struggle to make a massive impact. If he hadn't scored against Brighton, but came on to score against Villa, would he really be in much better form?

Playing a total of 63 minutes, spread across 5 games, I think anyone would struggle to make a massive impact. If he hadn't scored against Brighton, but came on to score against Villa, would he really be in much better form?

exactly....he's hardly played :lol:

I'd have him start over Chadli on Sunday - Chadli is our top scorer in the league but he hasn't scored in a while and I feel it would make him work a little harder to get back in the team. Competition is good. Kane deserves a start, I'd have him behind Soldado with Eriksen and Lamela either side, being shielded by Stambouli and Mason.

I'd have him start over Chadli on Sunday - Chadli is our top scorer in the league but he hasn't scored in a while and I feel it would make him work a little harder to get back in the team. Competition is good. Kane deserves a start, I'd have him behind Soldado with Eriksen and Lamela either side, being shielded by Stambouli and Mason.

I agree

I still don't really rate Kane that highly, he's our best option by default at the moment

And therein lies the fcuking rub.

Ade - 10 appearances this season 2 goals
Kane - 11 appearances this season 7 goals

Are you having a laugh mate? He has played less than 90 minutes in the league this season FFS.

Has Ade been convincing in the league to you? I only ask as he has started 9 league matches and scored just 2 goals.

For me that means that when he is played in the first team it has to be in the same position he is excelling in for the cup team. I also think that does not mean that he has to start right now. I think that there is no harm in having him on the bench and bringing him on late in games.

You seem to ignore the fact that Kane is not an impact player. Correct me if I am wrong all his goals, although there might be one exception, have come in matches he has started. When he comes on as a sub he does not score goals the way Defoe might have done

Back