• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Thought he was great last night.

Was chasing down and helping out our defence on the 80th minute which was nice to see. Lovely assist for Lamelas goal and had a hand in Kanes goal too.

didnt get to watch the game last night and just saw the goals - got to say Harry's goal was superb, look at him trying ot get into that position from the wing.

Very impressed.

Harry Kane simply MUST start on Sunday...

P559_zps5851f7a2.png

Tottenham Hotspur Season 2014-15 Squad Minutes Played

Kane, Lamela, Soldado and Chadli to start in front of Mason and Paulinho

Question 1: Are you sure? Who will be the defensive midfielder in that team? Who will put in a last-ditch tackle/shield the defence if and when necessary??

Question 2: Ok, against who??

Tries to lose his man, shows for the ball, etc.

That's a lot of hard work compared to what we're used to.

His work rate has often been awful for us. Even now he does less work off the ball than any other striker we have.

Kane should start on Sunday. Perhaps with soldado but for me the key is to get Harry in the team

His work rate has often been awful for us. Even now he does less work off the ball than any other striker we have.

Kane should start on Sunday. Perhaps with soldado but for me the key is to get Harry in the team

I must say when I watched us play Besiktas Kane's workrate for me seemed to really tail off from about 50 mins; I wonder if he simply runs out of puff.

Did he run out of puff yesterday (despite the goal)?

Is he another drinker?:-k8-[

Can't believe his work rate is being called in to question now!! In the game against championship Brighton when we were 2-0 up, with about 10 mins to go, he was back in our box harassing the oppo and when we won the ball he was the first to help the break away down the right hand side. That's just one example of the top of my head from the last game he played, he's always struck me as a very hard working player, it doesn't always/ever in a Spurs shirt, come off for him in front of goal, but there's not much wrong with the rest of his game.

I'm calling soldado's work rate poor, not Kane. When Ade works harder then you know it's an issue,

Kane does seem to fall away a bit but perhaps he needs more 90mins under his belt

I'm calling soldado's work rate poor, not Kane. When Ade works harder then you know it's an issue,

Kane does seem to fall away a bit but perhaps he needs more 90mins under his belt

Soldado's work rate poor? Not sure I agree with that one. He might have looked that way during the last days of AVB, but I think since TS was in charge whenever he's played his good workrate is the one thing that has been consistent as far as I've seen. Though he needs to get a run in front of the likes of Eriksen and Lamela because the frustrations of working in front of the likes of Townsend and Lennon will make the hardest worker give up, eventually.

I agree re Kane and how he seems to tail off; I suspect that's why Poch may have been reluctant to start him; but away to Villa would be a good place to start imo

I know you were calling soldado's work rate poor, that's why I said I couldn't believe his work rate was being called in to question, then gave you an example! It's just shocking the lengths some will go to to try and take a dig at players they clearly have an issue with!!

Gazza Dazzla, I'll assume your post is directed at me.
I haven't got an issue with Kane, it's just that I've noticed that perhaps he doesn't consistently have the stamina to last for 90 mins (e.g. Besiktas) and perhaps this is why Poch has been hesitant to start him in the PL so far.
That said, I hope he starts with Soldado on Sunday.

Gazza Dazzla, I'll assume your post is directed at me.
I haven't got an issue with Kane, it's just that I've noticed that perhaps he doesn't consistently have the stamina to last for 90 mins (e.g. Besiktas) and perhaps this is why Poch has been hesitant to start him in the PL so far.
That said, I hope he starts with Soldado on Sunday.

Not at all, I have an issue with soldado being called lazy when he clearly isn't.

Ade's work rate flatters to deceive. Covers a lot of ground for sure, especially when chasing the ball, but not enough running behind defenders backs to initiate a through ball. Hence he doesn't get into goal scoring positions like Soldado and Kane.

Soldados work rate is worst amongst the three, but he balances this with good decision making and is a more effective player than ade in supporting play. Between Kane and Soldado its a tough call for me, but I don't think Kane can operate as the forward most striker, probably best behind the main striker .

Oh! I'm on your page as well then, as I agree that Soldado is anything but lazy :eek:k:
Sorry I misinterpreted your posts
No problem!

I'm gonna make a point of looking out for this in soldado next time he gets a game though, as clearly at least two people think he's lazy, I think the complete opposite, he always struck me as hard working and I'm a bit stunned to see this levelled at him now.

Question 1: Are you sure? Who will be the defensive midfielder in that team? Who will put in a last-ditch tackle/shield the defence if and when necessary??

Question 2: Ok, against who??

Lol, calm down I'm not being serious. Just going by the facts, those 6 have the most goals/assists per minute

Back