• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Always been greedy and not always in the good way. Needs to learn its about the team and not about him.
But here's the conundrum. Many of his goals - including some absolute crackers - have been scored through taking chances that had he missed would have been labelled greedy.

Think about it. Quite simply, the fewer risks he takes, the fewer goals he scores. I hear the argument that he needs to pass when others are supposedly better placed, but he has such an outstanding strike rate, even from distance, I question the number of times attempting to put another player in would indeed have resulted in a goal.

We will never know. All we DO know is that he is the PL's top striker and that he often scores from taking a punt. Stop him from doing that and what have you got?

So I say get off his back and leave it to Poch and Woy to decide whether it's really a problem.

Said it before and I will say it again, he is a great player but there are times he has to play the easy ball if another player is better placed. As for last nights game the only thing I would say is that I would rather have him in the box then out wide taking free kicks.

I think he will be Jose's marquee target this summer........

I can't see United spending £100m on a player and that's the fee we would ask. That's half their transfer budget (footballs gone crazy) and I dont think he would go actually...

United need to buy now to survive. They have to quickly establish the name again otherwise there is a danger of becoming a Liverpool after their got years of success

I think he will be Jose's marquee target this summer........

Behave. Levy would eat Ed Woodward alive.
This is the guy that has paid Mourinho 4m already this year just to stay available for the United job.
The same Mourinho that no other big club is interested in and desperately wants the United job.
Woodward would brick himself before even picking up the phone to Levy.

Said it before and I will say it again, he is a great player but there are times he has to play the easy ball if another player is better placed. As for last nights game the only thing I would say is that I would rather have him in the box then out wide taking free kicks.
I've said it never and I'll say it now. Kane has just finished he second season and is still very young. As he gets older and more experienced he will get better. He will learn when to play an easy ball to a better placed player. For now, he's undoubtedly our star player.

Behave. Levy would eat Ed Woodward alive.
This is the guy that has paid Mourinho 4m already this year just to stay available for the United job.
The same Mourinho that no other big club is interested in and desperately wants the United job.
Woodward would brick himself before even picking up the phone to Levy.
Apparently Levy and Woodward know each other very well and are good friends. But yeah, there is only one winner if there were any conversations between the two.

I can't see any circumstance in which we let Harry Kane go when we've just finished 3rd and have Champions League football to play. I also can't see any situation in which Kane wants to say no thanks to Champions League football because he'd rather focus on trying to qualify for it under Jose...

Maybe in a few seasons United will be back above us and maybe for what ever reason Kane feels it would be best for his career that he leaves. But I hope, and believe, that when that day comes Madrid will be very interested him as well and we can ship him off to there.

We've got a new stadium coming up which is supposedly to make us competitive at the top of the table. You don't get competitive at the top end of the table by selling your star assets to your rivals.

Besides, I don't know whether Levy would have the gall to cash in on another marquee name. Could you imagine if it led to us going through a slump like after selling Bale? There would be cries of sheer outrage.

Provided everything is good behind the scenes - and that certainly seems to be the case, no reason to think otherwise - then I cannot see any logic why Kane would want to leave us now, given the promise of this season and what we have to look forward to with the manager, squad and new stadium.
However, a big offer from Utd, or Real Madrid, may give his agent a bit of extra bargaining power with DL and if it does, fair play and good luck to him.

Nice sentiments fellas.

Yes and that is all it is at the end of the day. I don't buy into all this I'm Spurs forever stuff. One fella said that and left on a bosman. I forget who to...

I have no doubt Kane does have at the very least some affection to the club for taking him through the ranks and giving him first team football, even if we weren't expecting him to be as good as this. But if a much better offer comes along he will at the very least spend some time thinking about it.

But United aren't that. Only a fool would work their nads off, get to the level they want to be and then say actually I want to work my nads of to get to that level all over again.

The real worry would be if Real were to come in with an offer. I wouldn't put it past them to try it on but the likelihood is we are safe for another season at least until till that happens.

Kane is one of the brightest prospects in world football at the moment and even if United were the United of old under Fergie, up there winning everything, we'd still have the luxury of being able to find another suitor. A luxury that we didn't have with the likes of Berbatov (except for City but...)

Eh. I think homegrown player loyalty doesn't mean King-esque devotion the way it used to (and we shouldn't forget that Ledley himself only stayed around for as long as he did because of his knees), but I think it *helps*, and that it offers any team lucky enough to have a committed homegrown player a couple of years longer with that player than it otherwise would were he to have no connection to the club at all. It doesn't mean we can keep the likes of Kane on a low contract forever with no guarantee of success, but it means that he'll likely consent to an extra season or two on a lower contract/playing at a lower level than he could attain elsewhere.

I have no illusions about Kane staying if we don't achieve his ambitions and recompense him at a level suitable for his talent and obvious potential. But I do think we have a longer timescale to pull that off than we otherwise would have had. And, in terms of the possibility of keeping Kane for the rest of his career, I think it's very low, but it isn't completely out of the question, given the new stadium that will allow us to raise his wages to a level that matches what our competitors offer and will likely allow us to buy better players to hopefully mount a more sustained challenge for trophies. If we manage to keep him around for the next couple of seasons of relative instability, playing at Wembley while the Lane's demolished, I think we have a good chance of seeing him here for the next couple of years after we move in, at the very least. Will he be here beyond that? Unless we definitely win some major trophies and are regularly in the CL by around 2019-2020, almost certainly not, and I don't think anyone would begrudge him a move at that point after what will have been five to six(!) years of first-team service. However, if we do manage that success, then all bets are off.

Of course, all this is just speculation based on his current status as a rising star and our relative stability so far this summer - who knows, he could bust both his cruciate ligaments and thus stay here for the rest of his career a la Ledley, or (alternately, and it's certainly a less grim scenario for him, although maybe not for us) have a barnstorming 15-goal Euro 2016 and then get 150 million-pound bids from Barca, Madrid and Ed Woodward that permanently turn his head and leave us scrambling to find a replacement on the eve of September 1st, 2016. We'll see. :p

and leave us scrambling to find a replacement on the eve of September 1st, 2016. We'll see. :p

Remember when we sold Berbatov on deadline day and we attempted to bring in Emile Heskey to no avail. So we went for 38 year old Henrik Larrson who again we couldn't get. In the end we settled for Fraizer Campbell on loan.

What a mess that was. The season wasn't much better either.

I'm sure Levy has learnt his lesson :p

Back