• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It's the normal now, we have done it loads, difference is we haven't gone public, that's the part that's disrespectful

BUT it's the part that's gonna cost them more money now IMO

That's my whole point. He's saying this to the media. No respect for spurs fans. Or the position that puts the club in.

It's stupidity. It leaves byern in an awkward position aswell.

That's my whole point. He's saying this to the media. No respect for spurs fans. Or the position that puts the club in.

It's stupidity. It leaves byern in an awkward position aswell.

Oh yeh my bad misread that first bit. We agree though.

Terrible really. Not sure it's helpful to kane

Surprising quote. I find it hard to believe that Levy will sell Kane this summer, or more precisely that bayern would pay the price which Levy would want

I also find it hard to think that Kane wants to go overseas given all the talk about the PL record, the young family, building a house here. Several reasons

Equally that's a hell of a mis-quote if he hasnt said that and only way it could be mis-interpreted would be if Kane was talking about a move next summer

Presumably someone is calling Kane's brother to clarify whether he's been talking to Bayern regularly or not

Surprising quote. I find it hard to believe that Levy will sell Kane this summer, or more precisely that bayern would pay the price which Levy would want

I also find it hard to think that Kane wants to go overseas given all the talk about the PL record, the young family, building a house here. Several reasons

Equally that's a hell of a mis-quote if he hasnt said that and only way it could be mis-interpreted would be if Kane was talking about a move next summer

Presumably someone is calling Kane's brother to clarify whether he's been talking to Bayern regularly or not

I think anything is open to happen though, there are positives and negatives for all in all.circumstances.

The talk of records, family, houses, commuting and all that has been a case of people trying to square circles IMO

If these quotes are true which seems the case as it was a direct interview then we seemingly have a big decision to make as a club

If these quotes are true which seems the case as it was a direct interview then we seemingly have a big decision to make as a club

Only decision is what our number is - we will have one. Is that £100m? £120m? There's a price which we would accept - only Levy/Munn know what that is

I still dont think Kane leaves this summer, largely because our price will be higher than anyone is prepared to pay for someone with 1 yr left on his contract

Only decision is what our number is - we will have one. Is that £100m? £120m? There's a price which we would accept - only Levy/Munn know what that is

I still dont think Kane leaves this summer, largely because our price will be higher than anyone is prepared to pay for someone with 1 yr left on his contract

Decision more than that though, it's price now versus season of Kane versus losing on a free versus potentially selling and who comes in.

It's more than just a price and as much as I love Kane and will miss him, I'm not sure it's as simple as turning down say 90m because we wanna seem the bigger club and lose him for a free in a year.

It's going to be a huge decision making time for Spurs

It's blatantly admitting they have tapped the player up. Which is against fifas rules and can result in a transfer ban and fine. Unless they can show they have written consent from spurs to talk to kane they are fudged.

Hoeness...the man who spent 18 months in prison for tax evasion. Who knows therefore how truthful his comments are!!!

Those quotes are clearly true
We should name the price and put the ball in their court

Decision more than that though, it's price now versus season of Kane versus losing on a free versus potentially selling and who comes in.

It is just price though - what price would we want for the risks which you mention.

I think we'd struggle to get a decent enough replacement and with all the other changes, it would have a significant impact on our performances. That's before you get into other things like signal of selling our best player, losing our most marketable player, what is says about our place in the PL etc etc. Lots of things which Levy will care about

Therefore I think our price will be high - in the £100m-£120m range - and I don't thikn Bayern will go there.

It is just price though - what price would we want for the risks which you mention.

I think we'd struggle to get a decent enough replacement and with all the other changes, it would have a significant impact on our performances. That's before you get into other things like signal of selling our best player, losing our most marketable player, what is says about our place in the PL etc etc. Lots of things which Levy will case about

Therefore I think our price will be high - in the £100m-£120m range - and I don't thikn Bayern will go there.

Those issues exist and are made worse if we lose for a free in a years time after we have given a manager the chance to rebuild with Kane only to lose him.

I don't see any moral victory of over pricing his value with a year left only to lose on a free

That's just my view

Those issues exist and are made worse if we lose for a free in a years time after we have given a manager the chance to rebuild with Kane only to lose him.

I don't see any moral victory of over pricing his value with a year left only to lose on a free

That's just my view

Understand that view and its a very valid one. Its a fine balance.

I think we'll price him high in the hope that either (1) a season with Kane helps us get back in the top 4, or as a minimum restores our place in the PL a bit after us falling down the pecking order and/or (2) we manage to convince him to sign a new deal next summer (or possibly before I guess) as a result of progress on the pitch and maybe a cup etc

Either approach (keeping or selling) is a bit of a gamble. We've seen that Levy has been willing to sell top players before for top prices (Bale, Modric etc) and also that he's willing to stand his ground (Kane to Emirates Marketing Project) in order to extract top prices.

That tells me that I expect Levy to name a price, but it'll be one Bayern one be willing to match

I might of course be wrong!

One thing that doesn't get mentioned much is Kane doesn't exactly fit into the mould of forwards Ange typically likes, all pressing from the front. Now I'm not for one second suggesting Ange wouldn't want to work with Kane and have him in the team.

But I do wonder whether he has told Levy he is reasonably comfortable selling Kane and using the funds to bring in a young mobile pressing forward who whilst is obviously not the world class striker Kane is, could allow his system to work better. Just a thought....

One thing that doesn't get mentioned much is Kane doesn't exactly fit into the mould of forwards Ange typically likes, all pressing from the front. Now I'm not for one second suggesting Ange wouldn't want to work with Kane and have him in the team.

But I do wonder whether he has told Levy he is reasonably comfortable selling Kane and using the funds to bring in a young mobile pressing forward who whilst is obviously not the world class striker Kane is, could allow his system to work better. Just a thought....

Its a key point, Kane has not been a high press forward for years and you have to wonder what a season of that will do for him. Not in anyway saying he couldn't do it and knocking Kane but I doubt chasing keepers and CBs 100% all games is a style he would relish

He basically told us. You get on the ange train or you get off. It's not about individuals.

Its a key point, Kane has not been a high press forward for years and you have to wonder what a season of that will do for him. Not in anyway saying he couldn't do it and knocking Kane but I doubt chasing keepers and CBs 100% all games is a style he would relish

Yes, but we're playing far fewer games this year and perhaps he comes off with 10-20 mins to go sometimes?

I think its more an issue when we're back in Europe and playing 2 games per week

Yes, but we're playing far fewer games this year and perhaps he comes off with 10-20 mins to go sometimes?

I think its more an issue when we're back in Europe and playing 2 games per week

True but I still don't think it's a style he would relish, he has been pretty much injury free since he stopped that style, I'm not saying its a major thing because the bloke is a world class striker, but it's certainly a consideration for both

Back