• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The Premier League record means nothing. It's just like saying we are the ultimate Worthington Cup winners, because we'll discount all the seasons the League Cup was sponsored by Coke, Littlewoods, Carribo etc.

It's the top flight scorers record which is the legitimate one, which is where he's 70 behind Shearer.

How may behind greaves or dean?

The Premier League record means nothing. It's just like saying we are the ultimate Worthington Cup winners, because we'll discount all the seasons the League Cup was sponsored by Coke, Littlewoods, Carribo etc.

It's the top flight scorers record which is the legitimate one, which is where he's 70 behind Shearer.
Fair enough, that's the only carrot besides wages/bonuses that I can think of to dangle in front of Kane. At the end of the day, he just wants to win something and in his mind, he doesn't see a realistic chance of that here.

My question is how long will Levy wait before building a statue of Kane riding the badger, Dr Strangelove-style.
riding_the_bomb.jpg

Fair enough, that's the only carrot besides wages/bonuses that I can think of to dangle in front of Kane. At the end of the day, he just wants to win something and in his mind, he doesn't see a realistic chance of that here.

My question is how long will Levy wait before building a statue of Kane riding the badger, Dr Strangelove-style.
riding_the_bomb.jpg
Do we know this?

been mentioned so many times about this amazing list of players who’ve won stuff (Amartey, Brown, Dudek, etc etc etc etc etc literally etc!), think the narrative is starting to change personally. That winning a team medal is great but doesn’t define the player and quite clearly nor should it.

"The England captain has scored 213 goals for Spurs and is the second-highest scorer in Premier League history behind Alan Shearer. He needs 48 more goals to break the record."
That's from the Sky article... so you'll have to take it up with them :)

I never claimed he would agitate for a move (despite having some history in doing so). If he had a competent (in the sense of pushing through moves) agent, I might be worried that he's off, but then again, he would've been gone a few years ago. I'm not suggesting that I seem to have some inside knowledge or some idea of what's going on. All the information I've seen so far on the situation seems to suggest he does want to go though. I don't see how that's not black and white in terms of his desires. As for whether a realistic move eventually materializes for him, I never made any claims regarding that. I simply stated that Kane wants to go, and that his preferred destination is Bayern for now. Not really much different from the previous summer. I've already linked the article with the sources in this thread.

Bayern, sure, but I don't see him going to PSG if they made a realistic bid.

If no one makes an acceptable bid for him, yeah, he'll be here for his last year. So, basically, there seems to be confusion when talking about "what Kane wants" vs. "what will end up happening." For me, it's clear what Kane wants, but whether he gets that (which relies on a club making a proper offer) remains to be seen.
There's no confusion, you just seem to think he's desperate to go, I don't believe that is the case. If he doesn't get some offer that really appeals to him then he'd be quite content to see out his contract and decide on his future at the end of the season.

Do we know this?

been mentioned so many times about this amazing list of players who’ve won stuff (Amartey, Brown, Dudek, etc etc etc etc etc literally etc!), think the narrative is starting to change personally. That winning a team medal is great but doesn’t define the player and quite clearly nor should it.
It's postulation on my part, but in this case it seems logical. Obviously, any player wants to win trophies but it's not like I disagree with what you're saying. I'm personally for playing younger prospective players for the League Cup for example because I don't think it's that important to win it as "silverware."
So to recap, I agree with what you're saying but ultimately, I'm trying to figure out what's going on through Kane's mind.

There's no confusion, you just seem to think he's desperate to go, I don't believe that is the case. If he doesn't get some offer that really appeals to him then he'd be quite content to see out his contract and decide on his future at the end of the season.
The confusion was very clearly over "does Kane want to go" vs. "will Kane still be here in September." Two related but separate thoughts/questions. I never claimed that Kane would not be happy to stay here another year. I'm just quoting fairly reputable sources in stating that he does want to go to Bayern.
If you choose to not believe these stories in the media, that's fine. There's never a shortage of BS journalism out there but I don't see what is so controversial about Kane wanting to go to Bayern this summer. Are fans really just trying to cope here, or what's going on?

It's postulation on my part, but in this case it seems logical. Obviously, any player wants to win trophies but it's not like I disagree with what you're saying. I'm personally for playing younger prospective players for the League Cup for example because I don't think it's that important to win it as "silverware."
So to recap, I agree with what you're saying but ultimately, I'm trying to figure out what's going on through Kane's mind.

The confusion was very clearly over "does Kane want to go" vs. "will Kane still be here in September." Two related but separate thoughts/questions. I never claimed that Kane would not be happy to stay here another year. I'm just quoting fairly reputable sources in stating that he does want to go to Bayern.
If you choose to not believe these stories in the media, that's fine. There's never a shortage of BS journalism out there but I don't see what is so controversial about Kane wanting to go to Bayern this summer. Are fans really just trying to cope here, or what's going on?

Kane may go, Kane may not, Bayern might be the destination it may be for a free next year. No one has their head up their ar5e nor is it a coping mechanism. I think people are just saying that those in the media, social or otherwise or definitive statements that he wants to go or Bayern are definitely in London to negotiate are baseless in terms of concrete fact. It's as simple as that

Think there is a difference between wanting to go to byern and being open to go to byern. The reports this week are that he's relaxed about it and has had good talks with spurs. Which makes sense. He stays he gets to talk to all foreign clubs in jan. Enhlish clubs next summer and be in line for a massive paycheck.

You can quote what you want, for every quote you give there's another quote saying the opposite. Cope with he may go to Bayern? He may go, he may stay, not going to be the end of the world either way and if that's the biggest thing anyone has to cope with in their life they're doing well.
And as for a player moving, I'd say everyone on here has been through it at least a dozen times.

Ok, I posted my sources. @DubSpur @Grays_1890 I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see any of yours so let me know if I missed them.
Think there is a difference between wanting to go to byern and being open to go to byern. The reports this week are that he's relaxed about it and has had good talks with spurs. Which makes sense. He stays he gets to talk to all foreign clubs in jan. Enhlish clubs next summer and be in line for a massive paycheck.
My only angle here is that I'm a fan of the club and I want us to be successful. Obviously, the players are the ones representing the team so they're the ones we have connections with, but the reality here is that this is business at the end of the day and transfers happen (or fall apart, or never happen at all). I'm only going by what are credible reports. I hold Harry in a very high regard and I think at this point in his career and contract, he can do whatever he wants. The report is fairly categorical in stating that he wants to go to Bayern. I never said he was going to hand in a transfer request and I agree with you, I'm sure he is pretty relaxed about it all as he's with the team on tour.

Ok, I posted my sources. @DubSpur @Grays_1890 I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see any of yours so let me know if I missed them.

My only angle here is that I'm a fan of the club and I want us to be successful. Obviously, the players are the ones representing the team so they're the ones we have connections with, but the reality here is that this is business at the end of the day and transfers happen (or fall apart, or never happen at all). I'm only going by what are credible reports. I hold Harry in a very high regard and I think at this point in his career and contract, he can do whatever he wants. The report is fairly categorical in stating that he wants to go to Bayern. I never said he was going to hand in a transfer request and I agree with you, I'm sure he is pretty relaxed about it all as he's with the team on tour.

What sources would I have to provide to back up any claims I have made? I have made zero claims or statements of fact about him def wanting to leave or def wanting to stay. Seems strange to ask for sources for someone saying either could happen but claiming neither will as fact.

You were the one making statements of fact hence why you were asked to back it up.

What sources would I have to provide to back up any claims I have made? I have made zero claims or statements of fact about him def wanting to leave or def wanting to stay. Seems strange to ask for sources for someone saying either could happen but claiming neither will as fact.

You were the one making statements of fact hence why you were asked to back it up.
We have a reading comprehension problem here. I've stated multiple times that I've posted two sources (ESPNFC and Sky), not including the BILD article. You've stated that these are baseless but won't show your cards. Do you see the logical fallacy here? It's hypocrisy, no?
And of course, I also said that you take these with a grain of salt. I never said I believe this is gospel; this must be the information coming from someone's camp, I assume Kane's as he has the most to gain. And now I'm asking for your sources, kindly.

You can quote what you want, for every quote you give there's another quote saying the opposite. Cope with he may go to Bayern? He may go, he may stay, not going to be the end of the world either way and if that's the biggest thing anyone has to cope with in their life they're doing well.
And as for a player moving, I'd say everyone on here has been through it at least a dozen times.
Basically same thing as above. To repeat, I have no stake in this. I care about Harry the human being, so as long as the club get something out of it whether that's one more year of his service or a lump of money, I wish him the best in his career. I'm thankful for everything he's done for us and I will keep supporting the club if he's here or not.

We have a reading comprehension problem here. I've stated multiple times that I've posted two sources (ESPNFC and Sky), not including the BILD article. You've stated that these are baseless but won't show your cards. Do you see the logical fallacy here? It's hypocrisy, no?
And of course, I also said that you take these with a grain of salt. I never said I believe this is gospel; this must be the information coming from someone's camp, I assume Kane's as he has the most to gain. And now I'm asking for your sources, kindly.

Basically same thing as above. To repeat, I have no stake in this. I care about Harry the human being, so as long as the club get something out of it whether that's one more year of his service or a lump of money, I wish him the best in his career. I'm thankful for everything he's done for us and I will keep supporting the club if he's here or not.
Just to keep you happy an article stating Kane is open to going now, next summer or signing a new contract https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ttenham-contract-Premier-League-transfer-news

And that link, just like your links aren’t sources, they’re little more than opinion pieces with little on fact. A source would be Kane himself, a family member, Levy, a teammate that he has discussed it with etc. And guess what, none of the articles have quoted one of these sources. So we’re still guessing about what Kane wants.

Do you consider ally gold credible? 9:00.

No one has a reading problem, people just don't believe a statement of fact can be corroborated with newspaper rumours.

Just to keep you happy an article stating Kane is open to going now, next summer or signing a new contract https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ttenham-contract-Premier-League-transfer-news

And that link, just like your links aren’t sources, they’re little more than opinion pieces with little on fact. A source would be Kane himself, a family member, Levy, a teammate that he has discussed it with etc. And guess what, none of the articles have quoted one of these sources. So we’re still guessing about what Kane wants.
Isn't express on the same tier as dailymail or talksport? Also, this is from 10 days ago but it still doesn't necessarily contradict what I said or what the articles I posted said. I'm sorry but the reports I linked were a bit beefier than this low-tier ITK. Again, because some of you seem so intent on twisting my words, I will repeat that I don't have any agenda here. All anyone can do here is just speculate while we wait for moves to be made in the market.
Finally, I didn't post opinion pieces. The links I posted were not the standard fluff opinion clickbait articles. They could be wrong, but I already went over that in a previous post.

Do you consider ally gold credible? 9:00.

Yeah, I don't think Gold is as full of brick as other people here do. In my view, he's someone who gets some information from the club once in a while when the club needs to make something public, so can be credible. And yeah, what he's saying doesn't exactly contradict what I said. I once again will have to repeat something I said earlier: I never claimed Kane would put through a transfer request or anything. IMO, what's going on is he's asking Bayern to make a proper offer for him. But if they don't, that's OK too. Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to post the video and a timestamp.

No one has a reading problem, people just don't believe a statement of fact can be corroborated with newspaper rumours.

Then why ask me for sources when I've already provided them? If the website were talksport or goal.com or one of the other trash football publications, I would never consider using it as a source (or reading the article, for that matter).
So what's the reason you're so combative with me? Personally, I simply follow my principles (empiricism, logic, and ultimately love of the sport and the club) so for me, there's nothing personal against you. What do you think my agenda is, exactly? Or what's the problem? Is it because I suggested people were naïve if they thought Kane didn't want to go to Bayern (again, doesn't mean he'll end up there or he'll try to force a move, just that it's one of his preferred destinations)?

Back