• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Has to be £100m (pounds not euros) with no addons to reach that figure. Would say having it paid over instalments wouldn’t be an issue though.

This is the knocked down terms as he only has a year left.

Cannot see a club like Bayern doing that though. PSG maybe but not Bayern.

Surprised Bayern aren’t going for Vlahovic as I believe he’s available for around £65m. Vlahovic would score plenty playing for Bayern in the Budesliga.
Bayern dont need a new striker too win the League they need Harry Kane to win CL. But with the team they got now I belive they are miles away winning CL

Here's a vid on how the new cl format will be (24/25 season).

Cheers!!
I actually quite like it!
Not a fan of seeding at the round of 16 - but it's pretty common sporting format, so no huge objection.
Obviously calling it a champions Lge is still ridiculous - just rebrand it to the European Club Championship or something.

I'd prefer to go back to Europe being a special prize for domestic success, but those days are loooonnnggg gone - so this actually feels like a nice alternative.

Agreed monkey, it sounds good to me.
Do any of the failing teams fall into the Europa League? He didn't say they do...

So if 5 or 6 PL teams are in the CL, and none of the CL teams drop into the EL... even if Spurs miss out on CL it gives us a better and better chance of winning the EL I think?

Sounds good.

Seeding better if it relates heavily to performance in the first round. Could do without generating positive feedback loops for clubs experiencing early success.

It’s not like Tennis as football is more a function of wealth/purchase power and can become concentrated in a few clubs which should not be rewarded so much.

Agreed monkey, it sounds good to me.
Do any of the failing teams fall into the Europa League? He didn't say they do...

So if 5 or 6 PL teams are in the CL, and none of the CL teams drop into the EL... even if Spurs miss out on CL it gives us a better and better chance of winning the EL I think?
I think the dropping down thing is going. I support that decision.

Cheers!!
I actually quite like it!
Not a fan of seeding at the round of 16 - but it's pretty common sporting format, so no huge objection.
Obviously calling it a champions Lge is still ridiculous - just rebrand it to the European Club Championship or something.

I'd prefer to go back to Europe being a special prize for domestic success, but those days are loooonnnggg gone - so this actually feels like a nice alternative.
Do You think they are trying to make it feel a bit more like a 'european super league' by any chance? :)

Doubt most agree with you and pretty sure Levt wouldn’t

linking this back to the chat on the previous page re CL, we can kiss goodbye to any chance of getting back in the CL next year if we sell Kane
I think it's already very low chance to get CL with a new coach and several key players. Not worried if it isn't a popular view.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

I think it's already very low chance to get CL with a new coach and several key players. Not worried if it isn't a popular view.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk
I agree. We shouldn't really be worrying about CL qualification next season. There are just too many unknown variables to place ourselves.

Let's see how the season fares and if we are with a chance for it then obviously go all out, but it shouldn't be an expectation that we will definitely challenge for it.

Like you say, new coach, new players (hopefully) and a new system. CL is way too much to expect

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I agree. We shouldn't really be worrying about CL qualification next season. There are just too many unknown variables to place ourselves.

Let's see how the season fares and if we are with a chance for it then obviously go all out, but it shouldn't be an expectation that we will definitely challenge for it.

Like you say, new coach, new players (hopefully) and a new system. CL is way too much to expect

Agreed. I think success for Ange is top 6 and challenging for a cup. Anything above that is massive success. Finishes 6th-10th and you'd probably say that's enough for a first year. Any worse could make Levy's trigger finger very itchy.

To be fair, if Harry was looking at things the same way, it'd amount to another likely wasted year of his career.

You use the word ‘fact’

can you show me some photos of them meeting Levy or quotes or anything else which shows that this is indeed ‘fact’ rather than more newspaper drivel.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...munich-over-potential-sale-of-england-captain
I know the onus is on @NaijaSpurs to offer some source but it's all a simple google search away. I also know that you're adamant that Kane doesn't want to leave but that is simply not true. He's obviously outgrown us (at least, in his mind) but was tied down for most of his prime with the last contract he signed. As far as I'm aware, Sky isn't some garbage-tier tabloid. I mean, I don't have a high opinion of the media or journalists of any kind these days, so you have to take it all with a grain of salt, but this seems pretty straightforward to me. I think the initial story was broken by BILD, so it's up to you if you want to actually hunt down the article. I personally did and read the janky translation... not much in it tbh but at the end of the day, these clubs like Bayern and City should know by now that if they want to buy Kane, they simply have to pay the asking price. That's it.

Personally, I think Ange should just tape a piece of paper with Shearer's goal record on Harry's locker with "48" underneath and a promise he can get him there in two seasons.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...munich-over-potential-sale-of-england-captain
I know the onus is on @NaijaSpurs to offer some source but it's all a simple google search away. I also know that you're adamant that Kane doesn't want to leave but that is simply not true. He's obviously outgrown us (at least, in his mind) but was tied down for most of his prime with the last contract he signed. As far as I'm aware, Sky isn't some garbage-tier tabloid. I mean, I don't have a high opinion of the media or journalists of any kind these days, so you have to take it all with a grain of salt, but this seems pretty straightforward to me. I think the initial story was broken by BILD, so it's up to you if you want to actually hunt down the article. I personally did and read the janky translation... not much in it tbh but at the end of the day, these clubs like Bayern and City should know by now that if they want to buy Kane, they simply have to pay the asking price. That's it.

Personally, I think Ange should just tape a piece of paper with Shearer's goal record on Harry's locker with "48" underneath and a promise he can get him there in two seasons.

Kane (213) is still 70 goals behind Shearer (283). Shearer got 23 for Southampton as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._tier_top_scorers#Top_50_all-time_top_scorers

You seen to think it's a black and white issue that he wants to leave. Would he be happy to leave if the right offer came in and we were happy to accept it, say City making the offer, yes of course he would, but that's not going to happen. Would he be happy to leave to go abroad in a one team league also with a chance of winning the CL, if we accepted the offer, probably. Would he be happy to stay for another year if we turned down offers from abroad (or any PL team besides City), probably. He knows that as a free agent next summer he's going to have the pick of almost any club he wants to join and he also gets to see what happens under Ange. So there's a lot of grey in there and he's not going to agitate for a move.

Same here for me, i would be happy to see a new team playing exciting football and with a little luck winning one of the cups.

Kane (213) is still 70 goals behind Shearer (283). Shearer got 23 for Southampton as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._tier_top_scorers#Top_50_all-time_top_scorers
"The England captain has scored 213 goals for Spurs and is the second-highest scorer in Premier League history behind Alan Shearer. He needs 48 more goals to break the record."
That's from the Sky article... so you'll have to take it up with them :)
You seen to think it's a black and white issue that he wants to leave. Would he be happy to leave if the right offer came in and we were happy to accept it, say City making the offer, yes of course he would, but that's not going to happen. Would he be happy to leave to go abroad in a one team league also with a chance of winning the CL, if we accepted the offer, probably. Would he be happy to stay for another year if we turned down offers from abroad (or any PL team besides City), probably. He knows that as a free agent next summer he's going to have the pick of almost any club he wants to join and he also gets to see what happens under Ange. So there's a lot of grey in there and he's not going to agitate for a move.
I never claimed he would agitate for a move (despite having some history in doing so). If he had a competent (in the sense of pushing through moves) agent, I might be worried that he's off, but then again, he would've been gone a few years ago. I'm not suggesting that I seem to have some inside knowledge or some idea of what's going on. All the information I've seen so far on the situation seems to suggest he does want to go though. I don't see how that's not black and white in terms of his desires. As for whether a realistic move eventually materializes for him, I never made any claims regarding that. I simply stated that Kane wants to go, and that his preferred destination is Bayern for now. Not really much different from the previous summer. I've already linked the article with the sources in this thread.

Would he be happy to leave to go abroad in a one team league also with a chance of winning the CL
Bayern, sure, but I don't see him going to PSG if they made a realistic bid.

If no one makes an acceptable bid for him, yeah, he'll be here for his last year. So, basically, there seems to be confusion when talking about "what Kane wants" vs. "what will end up happening." For me, it's clear what Kane wants, but whether he gets that (which relies on a club making a proper offer) remains to be seen.

The Premier League record means nothing. It's just like saying we are the ultimate Worthington Cup winners, because we'll discount all the seasons the League Cup was sponsored by Coke, Littlewoods, Carribo etc.

It's the top flight scorers record which is the legitimate one, which is where he's 70 behind Shearer.

The Premier League record means nothing. It's just like saying we are the ultimate Worthington Cup winners, because we'll discount all the seasons the League Cup was sponsored by Coke, Littlewoods, Carribo etc.

It's the top flight scorers record which is the legitimate one, which is where he's 70 behind Shearer.
Yea I agree, the premier league record would be great, but the top flight is the “real” record.

Back