• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

We have signed Kane and Poch to long term deals - thats a fudging great window already.

Nobody is saying they dont want to strengthen.

The truth is though, we dont absolutely need to. We have an excellent squad.

This is not like in the past where we NEEDED 2 - 4 players just to have a decent side.

We have an excellent side right now.

We have signed Kane and Poch to long term deals - thats a fudging great window already.

Nobody is saying they dont want to strengthen.

The truth is though, we dont absolutely need to. We have an excellent squad.

This is not like in the past where we NEEDED 2 - 4 players just to have a decent side.

We have an excellent side right now.

We have an excellent side, no doubt. But you need to keep freshening it up every so often with people who strengthen the squad and provide more competition. Allied to that Jan is hitting his 30s and so is Dembele so they’ll be on the way down soon. Toby wants out and possibly Rose too.

Liverpool have strengthened, Chelsea have strengthened and The Scum have strengthened. We can’t keep going back to the same well every time.

I love Levy and think he does a fabulous job. But he’s too tight with the purse strings and sooner or later, if he doesn’t deliver, Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Poch will eventually walk away.

That said, I’m still hopeful he will deliver in this window.

If we don’t sign anyone it’s a disaster. The squad needs freshening up and I wouldn’t blame the manager for thinking “fudge this, same old same old.” Levy has a few days to get this done.

We’ve built a new stadium to allow us to compete with the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal at least. Neither of them are even in for Grealish yet we’re poncing about trying to lowball Villa at 20m. If Levy was doing things differently like Poch requested, he’d have had that deal wrapped up by now.

There are still a few days left but all the excuses and rationalization in the world won’t convince me this has been a “not too bad window” if Levy doesn’t pull off 2-3 genuine quality signings.
There's a good reason for that.

There's a good reason for that.

There may well be. I haven’t seen enough of Grealish to form a strong opinion. The point is that I’m hearing people say “well we are competing with the other clubs in the top 6 for players and we have to be patient because they have more money.”

But with Grealish, we could have tied the deal up weeks ago but Levy is lowballing them. That’s not “being brave” or “doing things differently.” That’s Levy doing what he’s always done. It’s not what we need right now in my opinion.

We have a good squad but the majority of our best players have not had a big enough break and hardly any pre season, this will be noticeable in the second half of the season. We desperately need a top top player in the centre of midfield to take us up to that next level.

There may well be. I haven’t seen enough of Grealish to form a strong opinion. The point is that I’m hearing people say “well we are competing with the other clubs in the top 6 for players and we have to be patient because they have more money.”

But with Grealish, we could have tied the deal up weeks ago but Levy is lowballing them. That’s not “being brave” or “doing things differently.” That’s Levy doing what he’s always done. It’s not what we need right now in my opinion.
If we aim low enough we can have the deals tied up for no money on day one.

The difficult thing is getting players good enough for Spurs at a price we can afford - there's not many of them about

Last edited:
If we aim low enough we can have the deals tied up for no money on day one.

The difficult thing is getting players good enough for Spurs at a price we can afford - there's not many of them about

The club obviously feel Grealish is good enough. That’s why we’ve chased all summer. Regardless of your opinion of him, and you may be proven right, we want him.

It’s then up to Levy to get the deal done. We’re a few days before the close of the window and Villa are saying he’s still lowballing them at £20m. We can afford more than that. It looks like Levy is trying to squeeze the last penny out of the deal. That seemed to be why Poch got frustrated last season.

Levy is overly cautious with the purse strings.

The club obviously feel Grealish is good enough. That’s why we’ve chased all summer. Regardless of your opinion of him, and you may be proven right, we want him.

It’s then up to Levy to get the deal done. We’re a few days before the close of the window and Villa are saying he’s still lowballing them at £20m. We can afford more than that. It looks like Levy is trying to squeeze the last penny out of the deal. That seemed to be why Poch got frustrated last season.

If we have chased him why have Villa come out and said no bids have been made for him?

Well put. Whether some on here rate Grealish or not, the market value for someone who is seen as a promising, young, attacking English player is considerably more than £20m. Maybe we can't afford more than that but its barely worth making an offer if its at that sort of level

Levy is doing the right thing on this one because Grealish is category 1.

The same category Eriksen, Dele, Njie, Nkoudou were in when we went for them.

Good young players who could be very good players in the future or potentially even more.

To a large extent category ones are punts tho and you do not pay more than 20m on a punt.

Particularly this guy as he's already 22 and hasn't got close to achieving his potential, basically done nothing since he's come on the scene and has shown he's very immature as a person.

Worth a punt at the right price and for me that's no more than 20m.

It's laughable villa want 35m plus for a 22 year old (i.e. he's not 18 or 19 anymore) whose done absolutely nothing to date and most indicators suggest he's not gona live up to the hype.

Worth a punt tho with pochs magic but at the right price.

Yeah I read his quotes this morning from his press conference yesterday

Said no bids for anyone other than James Chester

“Spurs haven’t got anywhere near what the owners want to consider.”

That means we’re interested, we’ve gone to them with a number and they’ve said we are nowhere near.

If you think we haven’t been seriously after Grealish, you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

Levy is doing the right thing on this one because Grealish is category 1.

The same category Eriksen, Dele, Njie, Nkoudou were in when we went for them.

Good young players who could be very good players in the future or potentially even more.

To a large extent category ones are punts tho and you do not pay more than 20m on a punt.

Particularly this guy as he's already 22 and hasn't got close to achieving his potential, basically done nothing since he's come on the scene and has shown he's very immature as a person.

Worth a punt at the right price and for me that's no more than 20m.

It's laughable villa want 35m plus for a 22 year old (i.e. he's not 18 or 19 anymore) whose done absolutely nothing to date and most indicators suggest he's not gona live up to the hype.

Worth a punt tho with pochs magic but at the right price.

We’re in a market where Bolasie goes for 27 million, Sissoko goes for 30 million and Richarlson goes for 50 million.

The days of getting an English player with potential for 20 million are largely gone. We either get real and get into the market or we continue to frustrate the manager, the players and the fans.

“Spurs haven’t got anywhere near what the owners want to consider.”

That means we’re interested, we’ve gone to them with a number and they’ve said we are nowhere near.

If you think we haven’t been seriously after Grealish, you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

Is that from his press conference yesterday?

Like all good (and brick managers) he is contradicting himself in his press conferences

Attachments

• 67CDC030-8DE7-4038-828E-6EF9AD928BE1.png
    67CDC030-8DE7-4038-828E-6EF9AD928BE1.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 13
Is that from his press conference yesterday?

Like all good (and brick managers) he is contradicting himself in his press conferences

Not sure when the quote was, it was reported by the Evening Standard yesterday.

Either way, we’re in for Grealish. Bruce is never mentioning us by name unless we’ve shown firm interest. The “bid/no bid” is game playing based on what they think is a bid that comes close to matching their valuation.

Either way, we’re in for Grealish. Bruce is never mentioning us by name unless we’ve shown firm interest. The “bid/no bid” is game playing based on what they think is a bid that comes close to matching their valuation.

I agree. Bruce was just putting him in the shop window and trying to force the price up.

We’re in a market where Bolasie goes for 27 million, Sissoko goes for 30 million and Richarlson goes for 50 million.

The days of getting an English player with potential for 20 million are largely gone. We either get real and get into the market or we continue to frustrate the manager, the players and the fans.
So £35m for Grealish, who some on here are saying Will be as good as either eriksen or dele, in today's market is pretty decent. So why is nobody else beating villas door for him?
Both arsenal and Liverpool could do with someone like that, so where are they?

We have an excellent side, no doubt. But you need to keep freshening it up every so often with people who strengthen the squad and provide more competition. Allied to that Jan is hitting his 30s and so is Dembele so they’ll be on the way down soon. Toby wants out and possibly Rose too.

Liverpool have strengthened, Chelsea have strengthened and The Scum have strengthened. We can’t keep going back to the same well every time.

I love Levy and think he does a fabulous job. But he’s too tight with the purse strings and sooner or later, if he doesn’t deliver, Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Poch will eventually walk away.

That said, I’m still hopeful he will deliver in this window.

As I said, nobody DOESNT want to strengthen. We all want to improve.

Its simply a little perspective on the "OMG ITS A DISASTER!" meltdowns. We finished 3rd last year, have a great squad, and have Moura looking the business which is a big plus. We are in a good position to take on the league again - even if we dont sign anyone.

And, as I said before, its not about being tight - its about getting the best we can.

If we get all our business on day 1, we buy a Drinkwater. If we play the longer game, let bigger clubs get out the way and use the pressure of the window, we can get a Kovacic.

When it comes to Sept-Oct and the transfer fever has passed, what would you prefer?

Grealish is good enough, for what?

First team starter? Or squad option we hope to develop? And, if perhaps its the latter - what is that really worth to us?

We know Villa are demanding £40m, you want us to just pay that? Really?

Back