• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

I dont typically take these comments with any real weight.

As if Levy will give a toss what Bruce has to say, he will be dealing with the board (and probably spoken to them more than Bruce has anyway!).

Its most likely fan service, he will be getting asked about it all the time.

And unlike Pochettino, who will say "Levy is dealing with it, dont ask me" he would rather have his 2 cents..

BRUCE ON GREALISH: SPURS NOWHERE NEAR

"We don't want to lose our best players, but they're aware of course is that everyone has their price. The best thing the owners have been able to do is not let anybody go on the cheap.

"So if someone wants to buy our players, they're going to have to find a premium and make sure the owners are comfortable with it.

"We all know what football is, but at the moment Spurs haven't got anywhere near what the owners want to consider - so there's not a discussion to be had at the moment, because they've not got anywhere near the figure they demand."

Okay so we have completely different takes on Grealish. Fair enough, let's wait and see how it all pans out.
Agreed, I think some people are going to be pleasantly surprised by this guy - I’ve said my piece enough on the lad, pointless to continue debating with others who easily dismiss him without anything really to base it on. Might aswell just park this debate, wait and see if he does sign then see how he does....

Do Villa need to sell?

I can see this one dragging on to Jan to see how Villa's season is going

I think so?

Im not sure the new owners are able to just pour money in and make them "rich". Read a Villa fan blog that said basically the new investment meant they could keep the lights on (were struggling with the tax bill and looking like they wouldnt pay the players wages before the new guys came in) rather than they were suddenly going to be the Championship equivalent of City.

I think the conclusion was that they would need to sell to raise funds to buy.

I'd be surprised if my rating of Grealish as "significantly less good than Eriksen" is one not shared by just about anyone in the possession of eyesight.
Cannot argue with that, agree he is currently significantly less good than Eriksen. I was talking more about a player that can perform a similar role who could cover for him in the event of a long term injury. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

However I do believe he has the potential to become his replacement one day. At the very least he can give us another option when Eriksen is injured or eventually leaves.

And Bruce loves wheeling and dealing, in fact over the years he has picked up a few Spurs players as either loans or outright buys

Maybe we can offer acouple of kids on loan to sweeten the deal. Id give them Edwards and maybe Georgiou. Edwards could do with someone like Bruce who isn't a hard guy to please like Poch is. Bruce is like Redknapp, arm round the shoulder type and a bit more forgiving of indiscretions that young lads like Edwards sometimes make.

I think so?

Im not sure the new owners are able to just pour money in and make them "rich". Read a Villa fan blog that said basically the new investment meant they could keep the lights on (were struggling with the tax bill and looking like they wouldnt pay the players wages before the new guys came in) rather than they were suddenly going to be the Championship equivalent of City.

Guess its a trade off, if he is as good as people say (I personally can't see it) he could be the difference between staying down or promotion - which brings more money.

This is the one I was reading:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/aston-villa-takeover-ffp-grealish-14935263

Selling assets then... Let's face it, this means cashing in on their most marketable players.

Grealish is the boy wonder who could bring in the biggest fee.

It's a depressing update, I'm afraid, but according to Maguire, selling the floppy-haired crown jewels does still represent the quickest way of stumping up the cash towards the £50 million FFP blackhole.

Let's say Villa get £25 million for Super Jack, and could bank another £10 million for James Chester and the same again for Jonathan Kodjia.

Add that £45 million (of course we're estimating here, fact fans) pot of transfer proceeds to the savings on wages we spoke about earlier and we're getting closer.

Obviously not an expert, so pinch of salt or whatever - but is at least someone much more invested in whats happening....

Made the same mistake as Poch didn't he, playing him too far forward

We need to find a manager to use Josh as a deep central mid

Indeed. Bizarrely, though, Onomah played deeper a good few times - and it was these times Villa fans were singing his praises - before THEN pushing him forward. About which time his performances dropped significantly.

All to play bloody Jedinak and Hoorahan/Whelan. How uninspired...

So he had something that worked, and then moved away from it and compromised our player in doing so

I think so?

Definitely, they are in debt from big signings (by championship signings) and in danger of breaching FFP, I imagine they need some revenue to come in and would prefer to sell other assets first.

Back