• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

its the football food chain in action.
If this is a food chain then why are we trying to eat West Ham's food? Aren't food chains usually comprised of larger and larger creatures all feeding off of larger and larger prey? This feels a bit like we're all trying to eat the scum at the bottom.

Last edited:
If this is a food chain then why are we trying to eat West Ham's food? Aren't food chains usually comprised of larger and larger creatures all feeding off of larger and larger prey? This feels a bit like we're all trying to eat the scum at the bottom.

Are we thinking we a bigger than we really are?

Thats because we have 6 of the top 9 richest clubs in the world in our league.

Nobody else faces that.
I don’t think it’s just that when you’re watching the likes of West Ham and Everton, even Wolves spending money quite easily. When we consistently operate on a net spend of around zero (not saying that it’s a bad thing),that doesn’t exactly make you feel like you’re one of the big fish.....

I don’t think it’s just that when you’re watching the likes of West Ham and Everton, even Wolves spending money quite easily. When we consistently operate on a net spend of around zero (not saying that it’s a bad thing),that doesn’t exactly make you feel like you’re one of the big fish.....

Who have they bought that:
a) we would be interested in and
b) they had competition for?

Its the same thing as has been stated numerous times, we are operating at a level well above these guys so the comparison doesnt stand.

We are a small fish, in a small pond, full of sharks.

Who have they bought that:
a) we would be interested in and
b) they had competition for?

Its the same thing as has been stated numerous times, we are operating at a level well above these guys so the comparison doesnt stand.

We are a small fish, in a small pond, full of sharks.
I think it does stand in that those clubs net spends won’t be anywhere near zero, can’t claim to be one of the big fish when we never spend more than we sell and have to wait for the genuine big boys to decide who they want then have whatever is left over and even then a big factor is what we can recuperate in sales.....

I think it does stand in that those clubs net spends won’t be anywhere near zero, can’t claim to be one of the big fish when we never spend more than we sell and have to wait for the genuine big boys to decide who they want then have whatever is left over and even then a big factor is what we can recuperate in sales.....

I dont actually give a brick about big fish nonsense, thats just a metaphor to illustrate the differences.

Everton and West Ham have spent more, and got business done.

Boo hoo! We are such a failure!

But, wait a minute, would we have even been interested in their business? Are they competition? So should we even care?

Its No, no, and no, by the way.

Liverpool, City and Man Utd are the clubs we are dancing around to try and get players. All of which spend fudge-tonnes of money we simply dont have. In both fees and wages.

All of us are shopping at Christies, but while they go around spashing buckets of cash, we are at the back of the room bidding with luncheon vouchers. West Ham, by the way, were laughed at on the door and sent away.

I dont actually give a brick about big fish nonsense, thats just a metaphor to illustrate the differences.

But, wait a minute, would we have even been interested in their business? Are they competition? So should we even care?

Liverpool, City and Man Utd are the clubs we are dancing around to try and get players. All of which spend fudge-tonnes of money we simply dont have. In both fees and wages.

All of us are shopping at Christies, but while they go around spashing buckets of cash, we are at the back of the room bidding with luncheon vouchers. West Ham, by the way, were laughed at on the door and sent away.

Far too much sense in that post, especially for those who feel a need to throw toys out of the pram at this time of the year.

Well the big fish thing was the only thing I was referring to - everything else you’re talking about is stuff we all know. I’m not sure anyone was saying were a failure? Stephens point was that it doesn’t feel like we are one of the worlds richest which is fair,when you see how much we spend in comparison to clubs who are less rich IMO......

Well the big fish thing was the only thing I was referring to - everything else you’re talking about is stuff we all know. I’m not sure anyone was saying were a failure? Stephens point was that it doesn’t feel like we are one of the worlds richest which is fair,when you see how much we spend in comparison to clubs who are less rich IMO......

Its all about context, as originally I tried to point out.

Less rich clubs operate in a different market, as we as long time Spurs fans should know all too well.

Its irrelevant what West Ham do.

We are one of the worlds richest clubs, absolutely - but heres that context bit - we still have FIVE clubs far richer than us competing for the same things.

If we don’t sign anyone it’s a disaster. The squad needs freshening up and I wouldn’t blame the manager for thinking “fudge this, same old same old.” Levy has a few days to get this done.

We’ve built a new stadium to allow us to compete with the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal at least. Neither of them are even in for Grealish yet we’re poncing about trying to lowball Villa at 20m. If Levy was doing things differently like Poch requested, he’d have had that deal wrapped up by now.

There are still a few days left but all the excuses and rationalization in the world won’t convince me this has been a “not too bad window” if Levy doesn’t pull off 2-3 genuine quality signings.

Back