• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

We shouldn’t be selling him for £4m though which is what they have offered apparently
We need ti be smart and if we can’t get the money, extend his contract and loan him to another club
At least we protect some value

We shouldn’t be selling him for £4m though which is what they have offered apparently
We need ti be smart and if we can’t get the money, extend his contract and loan him to another club

Really? I think we have moved on from that approach, take the 4M, get the wages off the books and at best put a sell on clause.

If we manage to offload him and Reguilon, this window from an outgoing perspective is a 10/10, we have never in my memory ended a window with no one surplus to requirements left in squad

Sess, Royal, Gil, Solomon, Tanganga, PEH, Skipp, Rodon, Dier, Ndombele plus potentially GLC and Reguilon? plus loans for Scarlett, Veliz, Phillips and a few of the academy ... amazing work

Really? I think we have moved on from that approach, take the 4M, get the wages off the books and at best put a sell on clause.

If we manage to offload him and Reguilon, this window from an outgoing perspective is a 10/10, we have never in my memory ended a window with no one surplus to requirements left in squad

Sess, Royal, Gil, Solomon, Tanganga, PEH, Skipp, Rodon, Dier, Ndombele plus potentially GLC and Reguilon? plus loans for Scarlett, Veliz, Phillips and a few of the academy ... amazing work

Agree. Although gil and solomon will probably be back.

Football is football though. Some of the players we have now will be on the fringes of the team this season (although with more games will be used). Next summer i'm sure a couple of them will be considered surplus. It's the nature of things.

Saving more than half of his £5m remaining wages would be a bonus at this stage.

Football is football though. Some of the players we have now will be on the fringes of the team this season (although with more games will be used). Next summer i'm sure a couple of them will be considered surplus. It's the nature of things.

There is some natural attrition from the squad due to contract end dates. The 2 keepers, Forster and Whiteman, will be out of contract so I'm guessing next summer we'll be looking at keepers. That is, unless there is an academy promotion.

Then there is Davies who will be 32 and out of contract. So will Sonny, but I'm wondering whether he has one of those 1 year extension trigger clauses. Finally, Werner clears another space if we don't do the loan to buy option. I'm not sure we will.

So we should get 3 or 4 natural squad places freed up for our young loanees to go after. If not, we can spend in those positions before even cutting into the rest.

I think we're finally in good shape with regards to squad numbers.

A bit minor, but unless anything happens tomorrow, Forster and Whiteman will get 0 minutes for us this season.

Forster cant even be named in the EL squad unless we sell 3 other senior players tomorrow (whereas Austin and Whiteman are CT rather than HG), which would be his only opportunity of minutes.

There is some natural attrition from the squad due to contract end dates. The 2 keepers, Forster and Whiteman, will be out of contract so I'm guessing next summer we'll be looking at keepers. That is, unless there is an academy promotion.

Then there is Davies who will be 32 and out of contract. So will Sonny, but I'm wondering whether he has one of those 1 year extension trigger clauses. Finally, Werner clears another space if we don't do the loan to buy option. I'm not sure we will.

So we should get 3 or 4 natural squad places freed up for our young loanees to go after. If not, we can spend in those positions before even cutting into the rest.

I think we're finally in good shape with regards to squad numbers.

What we need is our youngsters to develop. We have no outfield club trained players. Which for european games limits us.

Yes backup gk will also be needed. Unless keely or gunter are deemed good enough.

Its different having a squad of 25, rather than 35 though. Although i suppose we also have 10 out on loan.

But evolution is great. We know already that Davies and Werner are off (out of contract) in 12 months time, but we have the Serbian kid and Yang/Moore lined up. Best case scenario Bergvall is also keeping Maddison out of the team by May, Lankshear with Richarlison, and Gray with Bissouma etc.

What we need is our youngsters to develop. We have no outfield club trained players. Which for european games limits us.

Yes backup gk will also be needed. Unless keely or gunter are deemed good enough.
I think we just go Austin 2, Gunter 3 and emergency loan if Vicario gets an injury

Yeah, agree. I think we have a couple of years to see how that one evolves. There's also the other rule where guys like Phillips, Gray and Bergvale would hold the same status on List A as a foreign player because they haven't completed 2 years at the club. I think I'm right in saying Phillips will move to a free pick List B player next season. Eventually, they all become club trained as they can complete 3 years before their 21st b'day.

At least that's my understanding.

A bit minor, but unless anything happens tomorrow, Forster and Whiteman will get 0 minutes for us this season.

Forster cant even be named in the EL squad unless we sell 3 other senior players tomorrow (whereas Austin and Whiteman are CT rather than HG), which would be his only opportunity of minutes.
The new deal for Forster was odd unless we are using him as a Carson like mentor to the younger keepers?

The new deal for Forster was odd unless we are using him as a Carson like mentor to the younger keepers?
Because keepers train separately, a lot of their role is just to keep the #1 mentally entertained. It has been Renaissance Man Whiteman's role at the club for about 7 years. Lloris used to love chatting all thing Louvre with him between drills.

So maybe the decision is just that Forster currently has better 'bantz' for Vicario than Gunter does at the moment, so hence stays as #3 (even though we can't actually register him to play)?

Seems like Spurs have been creative finding a way to get enough (future) income from the transfer.

Presumably this midfielder is a decent talent expected to make a step up. We get first refusal and an agreed fee. OR we take a % of his transfer fee if we don’t wish to sign him.

A defensive midfielder from the US. Maybe we’re thinking of January as a hedged bet. If the current midfield ingredients we have right now don’t work out as planned.

Back