• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Seems like Spurs have been creative finding a way to get enough (future) income from the transfer.

Presumably this midfielder is a decent talent expected to make a step up. We get first refusal and an agreed fee. OR we take a % of his transfer fee if we don’t wish to sign him.

A defensive midfielder from the US. Maybe we’re thinking of January as a hedged bet. If the current midfield ingredients we have right now don’t work out as planned.
Basically Betis couldn't afford a £4m fee, so this is our best attempt to get a shot at that.

We'd complain if another team did it.

Would we? we aren't gaining anything on our books here

Selling $1M rated players for $20M and returning the favor on another player is not what this is.

We are eating a loss to move a player on, and building in a hope to upside/minimize hit in the future model. Not really trying to make anything appear as unrealistic book values anywhere

Would we? we aren't gaining anything on our books here

Selling $1M rated players for $20M and returning the favor on another player is not what this is.

We are eating a loss to move a player on, and building in a hope to upside/minimize hit in the future model. Not really trying to make anything appear as unrealistic book values anywhere

Not the club. But the fans would. It's what they do.

Who actually cares about finances? We got rid of deadwood why worry yourself over something that doesn’t affect us or obviously the club either?

Last edited:
Who actually cares about finances? We got rid of deadwood why worry yourself over something that doesn’t effect us or obviously the club either?
The club's finances do affect us though. Obviously, I am not advocating for all fans needing to be completely fluent in all the machinations behind the scenes, but at the most basic level, what we get in is ultimately what we can lay out. In other words, I do care about our transfer budget as that ultimately has an impact on our incoming transfers.
With that said, even if we let a player go for a low fee, I do think getting the player off the wage bill is fine. It's just that lately, we've had too many players with very little resell value. So yes, I do care about Ndombele et al eating up a huge chunk of our budget as that's the club wasting money that we could've spent on better, more suitable players. Thank goodness that in spite of all this "spillage," the club is fairly well-run in terms of finances.

I mean, I'd care a lot seeing how Man U/Chelsea are going about their business if I were a fan of either of those teams... although I probably would've stopped watching the sport altogether at that point.

Seems like Spurs have been creative finding a way to get enough (future) income from the transfer.

Presumably this midfielder is a decent talent expected to make a step up. We get first refusal and an agreed fee. OR we take a % of his transfer fee if we don’t wish to sign him.

A defensive midfielder from the US. Maybe we’re thinking of January as a hedged bet. If the current midfield ingredients we have right now don’t work out as planned.
I think it’s great
We have a managed to get more of out of the deal than I expected

Never thought we’d get shot of him. Just couldn’t replicate his form for Argentina with us. Its a shame because he had some good qualities, ultimately too one footed and too injury prone.

Back