• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Again, no argument there. I'm sure Mirallas would benefit us more than Townsend will over the course of the next season. I'm just not sure that replacing Townsend with a player of that calibre would be a good move, from both a squad harmony perspective (how happy would Mirallas be seeing his last big move dissipate into being a rotation option at best? And how would that obvious unhappiness affect the squad as a whole?) and from a value-for-money perspective (other players would also probably give us more points than the ones occupying their positions at the club right now: Schneiderlin, for example). And don't get me wrong, I know about as much about Oduwa as you do: I just figure that, as a youth player just breaking through, he'd be happier to be a rotation option and replacement for Townsend than Mirallas would.

Mirallas does play all over the place: up front, right, left, CAM.

I'm not convinced he would be a squad option at all.
Firstly I expect us to play around 65 games and we only have (exc Townsend) Eriksrn, Lamela, Chadli and Pritchard.
Erikson - very few players stay consistent over that many games
Chadli - see above.
Lamela - jury is out
Pritchard - could be amazing, could find out he is not up to it yet. Either way, its unlikely he is ready for a whole season.

So Mirallas would get a lot of game time.
This is without someone getting injured

He's a sideways step to the first team but a big upgrade on the squad (Townsend/out of form Lennon).

I can't count the number of times I looked at the players on our bench last season and dreamed of a player that would be a sideways step from Chadli.

Considering our supposed interest in the Monaco lads I'm guessing he wasn't the first name out of the black box.

I suppose this all makes sense, i guess i was just looking for more of an improvement in either of the WF starting positions going in to next season - Pritchard and Mirallas coming in would give us more options off the bench than we currently have and thinking about it another Premier League experienced signing would be a good thing, as a stop gap deal we could do worse i guess

Would personally love Mirallas as he has been a player I wanted for a while now. He has got flair and can score from anywhere. He has a "footballing brain" and unlike Andros, will pass when the pass is on and not shoot every 5 minutes.

Everytime he has played us he has looked like 1 of them star players who is playing in a team below his level. I know 2 games is nothing to go by but it shows he is capable of it with the right motivation.

I suppose this all makes sense, i guess i was just looking for more of an improvement in either of the WF starting positions going in to next season - Pritchard and Mirallas coming in would give us more options off the bench than we currently have and thinking about it another Premier League experienced signing would be a good thing, as a stop gap deal we could do worse i guess

I think immediate improvement on Chadli and Eriksen was always unlikely. Immediate improvement on Lamela last season was almost certainly possible, but he still has huge potential (imo, not looking for that discussion right now).

Its not mindblowing. Most of you dont realise how much more money has come into the game in the last couple of years. City revenue will soon be 400m. They can afford to pay Sterling 10m a year.

Good thing it wasn't about the money. :rolleyes:
People always say this about joining Chelsea and City etc, but they are also the best teams in the country and challenging the best in Europe. The best teams tend to pay the biggest wages, it's no different at Man U or Real Madrid...

People always say this about joining Chelsea and City etc, but they are also the best teams in the country and challenging the best in Europe. The best teams tend to pay the biggest wages, it's no different at Man U or Real Madrid...

He did say that wanting to leave Liverpool wasn't about money. They could have just offered a small upgrade on what he got there. Not like they had massive competition for him.

Back