• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Kaboul an be a beast but that ranges from a useful one to a donkey

I remember a few seasons ago at the arse when he was that rock

He has a lot about Kim but yet again seems to be lacking that little bit more that's needed at Tottenham

His injuries didn't help him either. Would say I wish him a long and successful career at Sunderland but chances are it will be a relegation fight and if they go down he'll bugger off to some French mid table side.

Wow, Liverpool £32.5m for Benteke. Would have liked us to sign him, but not at that price...that's a gamble.

Kaboul was an absolute rock alongside King the year we got 4th - he won about 2x the aerial duels than anyone else in the whole league. His brawn and Ledley's brains gave us the best CB pairing I have ever had the pleasure of watching as a Spurs fan (including King-Woodgate). A superb signing upon his return from Pompey.

Never looked the same since his injury though, certainly no longer the standard we require. £3-4m is a great deal for us but maybe even for Sunderland too - if he finds form they will not be going down.

Good luck and thank you Younes!!

Whilst I think 32 million is way over the top for Benteke, It is another EPL proven striker gone.
Don't get Spurs fans lusting over him.

Sure, it would be nice to have a bonafide target man to give us another option. But Benteke would expect to start, we would never spend a club record fee on a back-up, and he does not fit our style of play in any way whatsoever.

Liverpool can have him. The remaining £16.5m from Sterling isn't going to buy them anything special either. Then all of a sudden the pot is empty again and they are further and further from a team capable of challenging for a top 6 place, let alone one in the CL.

Don't get Spurs fans lusting over him.

Sure, it would be nice to have a bonafide target man to give us another option. But Benteke would expect to start, we would never spend a club record fee on a back-up, and he does not fit our style of play in any way whatsoever.

Liverpool can have him. The remaining £16.5m from Sterling isn't going to buy them anything special either. Then all of a sudden the pot is empty again and they are further and further from a team capable of challenging for a top 6 place, let alone one in the CL.

He is a 15-20 million player - inconsistent, but he won't have to settle in and get used to the league.

I agree he would be a back up, we won't change our style/formation

He is a 15-20 million player - inconsistent, but he won't have to settle in and get used to the league.

I agree he would be a back up, we won't change our style/formation
Indeed. We all know Daniel would never spend more than £5m on such a player either! If Poch sees one as utterly indispensable (unlikely), Levy will sort him out with an experienced head of some variety I'm sure.

I think we are far more likely to go for the Jay Rodriguez type of direct goalscorer with the capability of playing wide. Which is all we've been linked to apart from pop journalism mentioning Benteke and Llorente, which we get nigh-on every window anyway.

Kane is so good that I wouldn't mine a younger striker around him. especially since we tend to play with 1 striker anyway.

Indeed. We all know Daniel would never spend more than £5m on such a player either! If Poch sees one as utterly indispensable (unlikely), Levy will sort him out with an experienced head of some variety I'm sure.

I think we are far more likely to go for the Jay Rodriguez type of direct goalscorer with the capability of playing wide. Which is all we've been linked to apart from pop journalism mentioning Benteke and Llorente, which we get nigh-on every window anyway.

Ings would have been great.

But I agree, If we sign a forward it will more of an advanced winger than a forward.

I would have really liked Benteke but 32.5mil was too much. Price aside I think he will do very well for Liverpool unfortunately. Ah well, maybe Ade might go to Villa now which would be one plus from all of this.

I think player we are after is berahino myself and llorente as competition for Kane

Berahino has tons of potential but it's still a risk considering he'd cost around 20m. Llorente at around £10m is worth a punt, he's a handful although not exactly mobile. It would be interesting to see how we'd adapt our play to incorporate him, perhaps going more direct as a plan B.

Berahino has tons of potential but it's still a risk considering he'd cost around 20m. Llorente at around £10m is worth a punt, he's a handful although not exactly mobile. It would be interesting to see how we'd adapt our play to incorporate him, perhaps going more direct as a plan B.
Yeah agree with that . They are two I think we are after but personally would not go with either myself so I hope I'm wrong lol

Back