• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

If Bale is staying then why go for Lamela? Don't they play in the same position? I find it odd we would spend £30m on a player who's going to be on the bench, unless he plays instead of Lennon or Chadli.

We're in a bit of a tough position now actually.

If we are delaying Bale because it can trigger Arsenal's business, then we risk losing out on Lamela if we delay that too much.

Hope we have a plan to come out of this ahead. The air from the club following Willian seems to be anger followed by defeatism. I don't think that. We've acted with such purpose all summer and felt on the cusp of something big, I'm not sure why that needs to stop. There had to have been other plans pre-Willian.

If we are delaying Bale because it can trigger Arsenal's business, then we risk losing out on Lamela if we delay that too much.

Hope we have a plan to come out of this ahead. The air from the club following Willian seems to be anger followed by defeatism. I don't think that. We've acted with such purpose all summer and felt on the cusp of something big, I'm not sure why that needs to stop. There had to have been other plans pre-Willian.

We can't think too much about what Arsenal do, they may not even get their targets. We have to concentrate on getting Lamela if Bale is going, which I've said all along that he would.

i think transfer deals are complicated enough without trying to delay a rivals business, if its a side benefit i'm sure Levy will enjoy it but not at the risk of us missing a target

AddictedtoSpurs: Bale's agent Barnett has told talkSPORT that he doesn't know where the reports about Bale being 'upset and frustrated' have come from. #THFC

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Yeh i wonder where they did come from:lol:

How and why do we risk losing Lamela? we were willing to buy Willian before Bale departed so why not the same now?

How and why do we risk losing Lamela? we were willing to buy Willian before Bale departed so why not the same now?

I think if we got Willian, we would let Bale go then get Lamela. Not getting Willian seems to have delayed things, for whatever reason.

I think there's a lot more to the transfer window than people think. It doesn't just appear to be making a bid, discussing personal terms and signing the deal. What other clubs do seems to be intrinsicly linked so much so that one deal can then start the chain reaction of a raft of others.

And I think upsetting rivals and strategically stopping them getting players is a massive part of it. If it can be done, every club in a position of such power will surely want to maximise every opportunity they can.

If Bale is staying then why go for Lamela? Don't they play in the same position? I find it odd we would spend £30m on a player who's going to be on the bench, unless he plays instead of Lennon or Chadli.

Lamela plays behind the striker on occasion as does Bale so there's room for them in a 4-2-3-1 certainly. It sounds like the Lamela deal will happen irrespective of Bale's departure or not

If Levy reads this, please include in any transfer that Tottenham receive 20% of any Bale Image rights over the term of 4 years or the length of his first contract whichever is bigger.

Last edited:

Not convinced this latest training-day snub from Bale is genuinely meant to be malicious. Don't want to believe it, I suppose, such was the hope that he still viewed us as a club that built our team round him and not just an obstacle to be vaunted on the way to kissing the boot heels of Ronaldo and Ramos. Still ,if it is true, I agree with most of the posters on here: fine him, send him a warning letter and an official dispatch ordering him to attend training tomorrow. If he ignores that, fine him again, repeat the process. If I remember rightly, the club can cancel the loyalty bonuses in a player's contract if he's fined enough times with due cause, so if he continues acting in the manner he's allegedly acting in, then before long he'll have a shedload of fines to pay and no loyalty bonus. Hit him on the bottom line, it's the only place footballers feel obligated to nowadays.

This only strengthens my desire to see us keep him, however. Barnett and Madrid have tried every trick in the book to make us sell, and I blame Bale's actions largely on their prompts and pleas to him. It's time we made a stand, transfer fee be damned.

Very good, though I think you'll need to explain this bit to me next "Straight oot o' Oor Wullie" ;)

Oor Wullie was a cartoon in Scotland's tabloid, The Sunday Post, which my grandparents sent every week to my parents in Canada. We'd get to read it when they finished and this cartoon inspired all sorts of mockery of their thick accents and quirky expressions.

oor-wullie.jpg

Last edited:

Surely you can't just post a photo of Bale these days without an old one of Ronaldo wearing identical clothing and accessories?

Good player or not, if my son were to wear his hat in that fashion he would be looking elsewhere for board and lodgings.

Back