• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

I see its going to be a busy festive period. Games planned for 22nd,26th,29th and New Years Day

Also, didnt realise no Community Shield at Wembley, Chelsea playing City at Villa Park, once again I assume becuase of the Olympics, def looks like we wont be having a home friendly on the 11th/12th then

I see its going to be a busy festive period. Games planned for 22nd,26th,29th and New Years Day

Also, didnt realise no Community Shield at Wembley, Chelsea playing City at Villa Park, once again I assume becuase of the Olympics, def looks like we wont be having a home friendly on the 11th/12th then

no thats because the Olympic football final is the day before the CS thats why Wembley cant be used

I'd really love an expert in the field to conduct a full costing analysis as to why football ticketing prices in England appear to be disproportionate with that which is available on the continent. I hear too much of this regular 10:1 disparity, and I honestly can't think of how there could justifiably be any reason for it. 'Rip-off Britain' doesn't cut it either: if Germany, Italy or Spain - the four comparably sized major leagues - can provide what is essentially the same product/service at an immeasurably cheaper rate than Britain does, then is that not a solid case for the EU to investigate on?

I might even pose the question myself.

Supply and demand must play a big part. With the London clubs, Manchester, Liverpool and North East there is often more demand for tickets than what's available. Barca and Madrid aren't any cheaper are they?

Not really sure the EU can investigate it can they? If the prices are there, and people will pay them, then what can you do? Look how much more we pay on retail than America, for the exact same product.

Posted elsewhere, but none of the London clubs have got home friendliest in August. West Ham, Orient, even Emirates cup, all away. Not sure about Chelsea but I suppose most of their fans will be locked up after the euros anyway.

I don't have a season ticket for another club but was tempted to get one now that Portsmouth are in League One - but the prices have been frozen. Was speaking to a Croatian bloke while on holiday out there last summer and he said a Season Ticket for Hadjuk Split which cost around 60 Euros. How ridiculous is that?! The standard of football is brick but the atmosphere would be better than any ground in Britain for every single game. I'd much rather it be like that but you can't have everything!

Posted elsewhere, but none of the London clubs have got home friendliest in August. West Ham, Orient, even Emirates cup, all away. Not sure about Chelsea but I suppose most of their fans will be locked up after the euros anyway.

I heard rumours. Is that confirmed as 100% correct? Gutted if so

Met Police asked clubs to schedule friendlies away from the capital on security grounds.

Thanks again. As Chicken badge posted. No home friendlies for any of the London teams. I'm still hoping we at least get to play a home league game on either 18/19th or 25/26th August. Otherwise we could be starting with 4 away games thanks to the Olympics.
If thats the case knowing our luck in 2012 next Monday morning will probably present us with this scenario
Aug 18th Away Manchester United
Aug 25th Away Emirates Marketing Project
Sept 1st Away Liverpool
Sept 15th Away Saudi Sportswashing Machine

I need TP for my bunghole!

Thanks again. As Chicken badge posted. No home friendlies for any of the London teams. I'm still hoping we at least get to play a home league game on either 18/19th or 25/26th August. Otherwise we could be starting with 4 away games thanks to the Olympics.
If thats the case knowing our luck in 2012 next Monday morning will probably present us with this scenario
Aug 18th Away Manchester United
Aug 25th Away Emirates Marketing Project
Sept 1st Away Liverpool
Sept 15th Away Saudi Sportswashing Machine

I need TP for my bunghole!

Nah, the only weekend which the Olympics may impinge on is 1st/2nd September; the rest is BAU.

Nah, the only weekend which the Olympics may impinge on is 1st/2nd September; the rest is BAU.

For a personal POV would love us to be at home on the 25th then, Bank Holiday weekend, few days in London. Fingers crossed Warrington get to Wembley for the RL Cup Final on the Saturday. Spurs at home on the Sunday? That would do very nice thank you very much

Back