• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

Just seen mine... Opened fine on my Galaxy Note. Am I right in saying its slightly cheaper?? 48.50! Sure it was bout 51 last year?

Got my email yesterday and opened the attachment with no problems. D/D to be taken 1st June. If you have membership D/D then it automatically renews each year and you don't have to do anything.

If i upgrade to bronze, would i need to pay for that + my DD on lilywhite?

I have upgraded from Lilywhite to Bronze for next season, and the DD will be ?ú47 on 1st June. I dropped the TO an email to say thats what I wanted to do, and they set the wheels in motion.

I'm on direct-debit for my Bronze, and yesterday received my e-mail with the PDF file attachment detailing when the money was to be taken etc.

But, when I try and open the PDF attachment, the whole thing is juddering and shaking like a mad thing and i can't read it!!!!!!

Anyone else had this? or is my computer illiteracy reaching new levels?:oops:

Is that on hotmail? Mine did that, although it opened in the end. Just confirms payment will be taken on 1st June.

Anyone got a season ticket.....

...for a team other than Spurs?

It felt a bit weird but i just bought yesterday I bought a season ticket for 1860 Munich. I spent the previous three years living in Vienna working for SK Rapid (which I still do) and so attended the games in an 'official' capacity. THis year will be the first time i've bought tickets to watch a different club.

It cost 140 euros for a standing space in the Allianz. Couldn't resist. I'm glad that Hertha BSC, K?Âln & Kaiserslautern went down now.

I was wondering if anyone else has got alliegences/tickets for other clubs at all - especially ex-pats amongst us.

about 120 quid for a season ticket in an absolutely superb stadium. Bargain.

I'd really love an expert in the field to conduct a full costing analysis as to why football ticketing prices in England appear to be disproportionate with that which is available on the continent. I hear too much of this regular 10:1 disparity, and I honestly can't think of how there could justifiably be any reason for it. 'Rip-off Britain' doesn't cut it either: if Germany, Italy or Spain - the four comparably sized major leagues - can provide what is essentially the same product/service at an immeasurably cheaper rate than Britain does, then is that not a solid case for the EU to investigate on?

I might even pose the question myself.

I'd really love an expert in the field to conduct a full costing analysis as to why football ticketing prices in England appear to be disproportionate with that which is available on the continent. I hear too much of this regular 10:1 disparity, and I honestly can't think of how there could justifiably be any reason for it. 'Rip-off Britain' doesn't cut it either: if Germany, Italy or Spain - the four comparably sized major leagues - can provide what is essentially the same product/service at an immeasurably cheaper rate than Britain does, then is that not a solid case for the EU to investigate on?

Its a good point, which I have never understood myself

I am sure one of the factors is being the 'number one' 'most exciting' league as justification, I am also unsure as to how comparable the running costs are on the continent, for example how do their wages compare/demands, as that would be the first place I would look if I wasn't about to go to Westfield

Last edited:
The FA need to seriously consider standing if they haven't already. We'd still probably charge about 600 though.

1860 Munich play in the Allianz ?

didn't know that

The clubs roots are in Giesing, south Munich, where as Bayern are more Schwabing in the Central/North. 1860 used to play at Grunwalderstrasse in Giesing (sort of workers area, by Munich's standards at least).

Penicuik Athletic!!

My Hubby has a st for both THFC & PAFC (Scarf is up in the Bricklayers, I think)

Had a "half-season ticket" the year Southampton were last in the Premiership. At Christmas it was clear that they had a relegation battle in store, which would be quite exciting to follow as a neutral. Had a look at their fixture list in January 2005 and saw they had to host at St Mary's

Spurs
Arsenal
Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea
Aston Villa
Everton
Fulham
Norwich

even those unattractive games were thrillers (3-3 Fulham, 2-2 Everton, 4-3 Norwich, 2-3 Villa) and in the mix was also an FA Cup game with Pompey which I got a guaranteed ticket for. Sat with a good mate who was an Arsenal fan which was a good laugh, apart form when Saints did us 1-0! Had my Spurs shirt on under my top that week, and the next week when we played the goons.

Was a shame to see them go down last game of the season but whilst all these saints fans were crying their eyes out I could walk out of the stadium not too bothered. The half season ticket cost me about ?ú200, sat in the corner next to the away fans, probably one of the best investments I ever made.

I go to Toronto FC a fair bit and will always be a Sydney FC season ticket holder whilst I live in Sydney (my home).

Back