• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2014/15

B9_tQOfIMAE-wfV.jpg

Ref chickened out rather than deal with Rooney going apebrick.

He didn't touch him, landed on his feet and then tripped over thin air. And the commentators are defending him. Deary me.

So typical. Manure go through on an offside goal and a dive for a penalty. Wouldn't happen for any other team except the bin dippers.

No. In 1983 they beat Middlesbrough after a 5th round replay but were beaten by Man Utd in the semi-final. They also beat them in 2004 in the 4th round and were again beaten by Man Utd in the semi-final. So perhaps there is a trend after all?

I am liking this more and more!!

Bradford City’s FA Cup heroes have been snubbed by the BBC again after it chose not to show their first quarter-final for almost 40 years.

Telegraph Sport has learnt that the corporation has rejected the chance to atone for its controversial decision not to televise the giant-killers’ fifth-round victory over Sunderland by making another controversial selection of last-eight ties.

The BBC had first pick of the quarter-finals as part of shared coverage of the FA Cup with BT Sport and it understandably used that to secure Manchester United’s mouth-watering showdown against Arsenal.

BT Sport predictably took Liverpool’s game against Blackburn Rovers, leaving the BBC to choose between Bradford's meeting with Reading and Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion for its remaining fixture.

And despite the furore over its refusal to reward Bradford’s historic fourth-round win at Chelsea with a live fifth-round tie, the BBC opted to show Villa v West Brom.

It also broadcast Villa v Leicester City instead of Bradford v Sunderland at the weekend.

BT Sport will show the Bradford’s first quarter-final since 1976 but its audience is nowhere near that of the BBC, for which the FA Cup has proven a ratings winner this season.

anyone who can't see the logic in that decision is an idiot, an all PL Black Country Derby or 2 teams who's names I've already forgotten, Brentford and Swindon was it?

The commentators argued that Rooney wasn't interfering with play, as he didn't touch the ball. I didn't think that that was the rule?! I thought that he was standing clearly in an offside position, and interfering by being in the view of the goalkeeper & right by the area of the goal in which the ball went in, would be plenty reason for an offside call to be successful.

it's questionable, if Rooney was more central it would have been a definite offside, all I can think is Lino thought he was further back

imo it should have been called as he's interfering by proximity, the keeper had to factor in Rooney getting a touch as well as reaching for the corner

The interpretation that officials are instructed to follow is that the player in an offside position is only penalised if they are obstructing the goalkeeper's line of vision. Rooney didn't obscure the goalkeeper's view of the ball so, in accordance with that interpretation, the officials made the correct decision.

But IMO the instruction is wrong. Rooney is close enough to the goalkeeper and to the line of travel of the ball that he must have been a significant distraction to the goalkeeper - therefore interfering with an opponent - therefore involved in active play.

Looked a dive to me

It's a dive all day long. I do not buy the whole "he's diving to avoid injury" line that is always trotted out. If every player behaved like every time there was a potential for a collision/tackle the game would be a complete farce. I'm all for trying to take action when serious injury may be imminent, but you just have to accept that there are going to be collisions in a contact sport like football and sometimes injuries are inevitable. This is not flower arranging.

Arsenal & united fans rightly moaning about their QF being moved to the Monday at 7.45pm, TV doesnt give 2 fudges about fans do they

More money to be made from the fans sitting on their sofa than those who go to the games, unfortunately for those of us that go

Strange; surely the FA would make more money if they had the game live at say 12.30pm on the Sunday instead, like they had the Aston Villa-Leicester last sunday?

More money to be made from the fans sitting on their sofa than those who go to the games, unfortunately for those of us that go

A'int that the truth. Sky have a lot to answer for with their attitude to the fans who actually go to games.

Back