• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

I’m not a Southgate hater but at the same I don’t rate him that high as a manager but it’s a results business and we’ve got to back to back finals at the euros. I just hope we play like we did in the first 45 mins tonight and I can live with the outcome if Spain are just better than us on the day. Big call to make re Kane. Not great for him that his replacement comes on and scores a great goal to get us over the line but I don’t think Southgate will not start him. Can always haul him off again if he’s ineffective. Hope that win gets the whole nation a lift, really didn’t look like it was going to fallen for us until Watkins stepped up.
yes, just embrace it for what it is.

Very true.
He plays for England how he played for us for the last few years. It's weird.
But Kane still wouldn't have stretched the back line like Watkins did.
the stretch came from palmer passing the ball quickly
Watkins was in the same position Kane was when we went sideways
Palmers pass was better than anything any other player did all game
And Watkins took it superbly

Bet Liam cancels. Or does his set earlier.
Doubt they'll change the whole festival time with it being in Ireland

Liam doesn't consider himself English nor support England. He's always been an Ireland fan.

They tell a story of how this baffled Maradona when they told him they thought the hand of GHod thing was brilliant.

This game and the way england Have played does have spurs CL run vibes for me
The questions around Kane starting the final (albeit for different reasons) are another parallel.

IMO, Kane is undroppable. He's nearing the end of that status but he starts the final without doubt. I'd be very surprised if it isn't the same team as tonight with maybe Shaw being the only change.

Liam doesn't consider himself English nor support England. He's always been an Ireland fan.

They tell a story of how this baffled Maradona when they told him they thought the hand of GHod thing was brilliant.
That's really interesting... When I say interesting, I mean complete bollox ....

The questions around Kane starting the final (albeit for different reasons) are another parallel.

IMO, Kane is undroppable. He's nearing the end of that status but he starts the final without doubt. I'd be very surprised if it isn't the same team as tonight with maybe Shaw being the only change.
Maybe I’m an idiot but i watch that and especially the first half and I see a team in attack that is really selfish
It’s the exact opposite of what is needed
Saka multiple times ran across the area and spanked a shot at the defender
Foden completed 40 passes but none that were forward in the area
Bellingham was poor for me and should have been off over Foden
Kane in that second half was awful..

Last edited:
Late equalizer, won on penalties and now the late winner - at least it shows that England has the quality and mentality to get a result, even on bad days.

Despite a much better showing today (in the first half), I still don't think it will be enough to overcome Spain. That would take England raising their game considerably, and Spain having an off day, which I can't see happening.

Still gotta give it to them for reaching two Euro finals in three years, which I really didn't belive England would do. And everything can happen in a one off game, so who knows.

Back