• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

I’m not a Southgate hater but at the same I don’t rate him that high as a manager but it’s a results business and we’ve got to back to back finals at the euros. I just hope we play like we did in the first 45 mins tonight and I can live with the outcome if Spain are just better than us on the day. Big call to make re Kane. Not great for him that his replacement comes on and scores a great goal to get us over the line but I don’t think Southgate will not start him. Can always haul him off again if he’s ineffective. Hope that win gets the whole nation a lift, really didn’t look like it was going to fallen for us until Watkins stepped up.

I’m at Liam Gallagher Sunday. Not as massive a deal for me missing it, being Irish, as it is for Liam I’m sure. Will have my fingers and toes crossed for you though.

I will laugh if he’s dropped for the final and England win (joking).
Bet Liam cancels. Or does his set earlier.
Doubt they'll change the whole festival time with it being in Ireland

Southgate has gotten ridiculous abuse in this tournament and generally. He’s got a brilliant record as England manager. And I’m not being Captain Hindsight here, I’ve said it consistently. He’s gotten to two finals, a semi and a quarter in 4 tournaments. He wins this and he’s arguably England’s greatest manager.

I don’t think he’s a great manager, I wouldn’t want him at Spurs but he’s done a great job.

Based on results he definitely would be IMO. Winning in another country trumps winning it on your soil with help from the officials btw.

Everyone is
I said to my mates that not one player made a pass like that to Kane
Scary really

He also wasn’t making any effort to get into the box. Even if we don’t talk about goals, he’s not as influential as he should be in big games considering his talent. Foden didn’t score but was so good in the first half. Ran the game.

Everyone is
I said to my mates that not one player made a pass like that to Kane
Scary really
Because Kane doesn't make those moves anymore.
He'd be level with the ball at best when Palmer has it.
Watkins made an assertive run (the defender got sucked in - if he'd have checked his run, Watkins would have been offside) and created the opening. He made something happen. Kane prefers to play deeper.

Southgate has gotten ridiculous abuse in this tournament and generally. He’s got a brilliant record as England manager. And I’m not being Captain Hindsight here, I’ve said it consistently. He’s gotten to two finals, a semi and a quarter in 4 tournaments. He wins this and he’s arguably England’s greatest manager.

I don’t think he’s a great manager, I wouldn’t want him at Spurs but he’s done a great job.
Don't worry, Man U will be chomping at the bit to get Southgate in.

Because Kane doesn't make those moves anymore.
He'd be level with the ball at best when Palmer has it.
Watkins made an assertive run (the defender got sucked in - if he'd have checked his run, Watkins would have been offside) and created the opening. He made something happen. Kane prefers to play deeper.
I disagree
It’s literally how he plays for his club
England seem to pass the ball at him rather than too him
fudging odd

He also wasn’t making any effort to get into the box. Even if we don’t talk about goals, he’s not as influential as he should be in big games considering his talent. Foden didn’t score but was so good in the first half. Ran the game.
He ran the game
But never once made a pass to an England player in the area
Him, saka and Bellingham complete so few passes in these positions
Very odd

I disagree
It’s literally how he plays for his club
England seem to pass the ball at him rather than too him
fudging odd
Very true.
He plays for England how he played for us for the last few years. It's weird.
But Kane still wouldn't have stretched the back line like Watkins did.

Back