• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Yeh, I was ridiculed on here when I suggested his job was key and had a pretty tedious back and forth on here about it, but when you take the time to piece together what he said when he joined, what he has said since and what he is implementing now you can see why he is here and as you say Key. Its about continuity in the footballing operation, decisions that impact that, working in conjunction with Lange and Ange to make swifter calls on players and getting rid which we are seeing, maybe taking a short financial hit to a longer term gain (which we all moaned about on here).

I think he is a shrewd bloke and so far so good
Time will tell. Paratici came in and turned around a shockingly poor scouting and recruitment set up really quickly and effectively. At the moment we're still dining out on that work he put in. The next 5 years or so will show us what Munn is made of.

Time will tell. Paratici came in and turned around a shockingly poor scouting and recruitment set up really effectively. At the moment we're still dining out on that work he put in. The next 5 years or so will show us what Munn is made of.

Agree to an extent but from what I have read and see the roles are totally different.

Yeh, I was ridiculed on here when I suggested his job was key and had a pretty tedious back and forth on here about it, but when you take the time to piece together what he said when he joined, what he has said since and what he is implementing now you can see why he is here and as you say Key. Its about continuity in the footballing operation, decisions that impact that, working in conjunction with Lange and Ange to make swifter calls on players and getting rid which we are seeing, maybe taking a short financial hit to a longer term gain (which we all moaned about on here).

I think he is a shrewd bloke and so far so good

For an Aussie who was involved in AFL and only got his first footballing gig about 10 years ago with Melbourne Heart…he’s had some rise. Clearly has something about him to work for City group and now poached by Levy.

I don't think it is about keeping lower ranking coaches at the club, it is about not lurching from a manager with a one style of football to a new manager with a completely different style of football. Liverpool's two prime candidates of Alonso and Slot were natural successors to Klopp for example.
Neither play the Klopp way
Unless I’m mistaken
Both slot and Alonso rely on wide player creativity as “wingers” or wing backs
But both are similar is style to each other
The only manager I’ve seen with a simailr style to Klopp is the Bournemouth guy

Unless I’m mistaken
Liverpool also rely on wide player creativity, keeping the 7 and 11 high up the pitch and pushing the right and left backs high up.

I'd take the Bournemouth guy as our next manager if and when we jettison Postecoglou.

Unless I’m mistaken
Both press but not to the same extent as Klopp teams. Alonso is pretty direct like Klopp, Slot is more possession based and a slower build up.
For me it doesn't have to be an exact match, just not swinging to totally different styles like going from Poch to Mourinho.

Both press but not to the same extent as Klopp teams. Alonso is pretty direct like Klopp, Slot is more possession based and a slower build up.
For me it doesn't have to be an exact match, just not swinging to totally different styles like going from Poch to Mourinho.
agreed
That’s the issue
It makes players a poor fit from day 1

Agree 100%..... But if we sack Ange and bring in (say) Dyche then we'd be back to square 1 again.

How did burnley play when he got them promoted? Was it the same system as now? Or was he more attacking?

Not saying i'd want him. But has he been pigeon holed as this pragmatic manager, just due to the necessity of where the clubs are in the prem?

How did burnley play when he got them promoted? Was it the same system as now? Or was he more attacking?

Not saying i'd want him. But has he been pigeon holed as this pragmatic manager, just due to the necessity of where the clubs are in the prem?
Watford played great football at times
Burnley did too
He dealt with his hand and used the players he had
I think he is massively under rated

Last edited:
It is stylistically pretty similar. High press, high energy, move the ball forward quickly.
Slot uses slower buildup:

His replacement, Slot, will take charge of his first competitive Liverpool match this weekend when they travel to newly promoted Ipswich Town in the Premier League.

Ahead of that encounter, Slot sat down with Canal+ and explained how his style differs to Klopp's.

"Style of play has been with my teams where I worked, I think, always the same," he said. "There are a lot of similarities with Jurgen Klopp, with the way they played in the past, and I'm hoping we will see these similarities in the upcoming weeks and months.

"We like to have the ball, we don't like the other team to have the ball… but the Premier League is a league where many good clubs are and many clubs want to have the ball, so we have to fight really hard for us to have the ball.

"And if we have it, we want to score, we want to be intense in everything we do. If we have the ball, we want to score - that's quite simple of course! We want to be intense in everything we do.

"Maybe the only slight difference there is that after we win the ball, I like to go forward just as Jurgen liked it, but I sometimes like it when players try to keep the ball and not play the difficult ball, where Jurgen or the former regime maybe liked the chaotic scenes in and around the 16 a lot as well. They were really, really, really successful with that for so many years.

"But it sometimes also depends a bit on the players you have. I think we're trying to find the balance between trying to create chaos at certain moments and trying to keep possession of the ball a bit longer in other moments."

Slot uses slower buildup:

His replacement, Slot, will take charge of his first competitive Liverpool match this weekend when they travel to newly promoted Ipswich Town in the Premier League.

Ahead of that encounter, Slot sat down with Canal+ and explained how his style differs to Klopp's.

"Style of play has been with my teams where I worked, I think, always the same," he said. "There are a lot of similarities with Jurgen Klopp, with the way they played in the past, and I'm hoping we will see these similarities in the upcoming weeks and months.

"We like to have the ball, we don't like the other team to have the ball… but the Premier League is a league where many good clubs are and many clubs want to have the ball, so we have to fight really hard for us to have the ball.

"And if we have it, we want to score, we want to be intense in everything we do. If we have the ball, we want to score - that's quite simple of course! We want to be intense in everything we do.

"Maybe the only slight difference there is that after we win the ball, I like to go forward just as Jurgen liked it, but I sometimes like it when players try to keep the ball and not play the difficult ball, where Jurgen or the former regime maybe liked the chaotic scenes in and around the 16 a lot as well. They were really, really, really successful with that for so many years.

"But it sometimes also depends a bit on the players you have. I think we're trying to find the balance between trying to create chaos at certain moments and trying to keep possession of the ball a bit longer in other moments."
So, as Slot himself says….. a lot of similarities with maybe only one slight difference. Sounds absolutely like a good continuity appointment in that case, no?

Munn oversees everything -- men's team, women's team, academy and everything else that is 'football'
Oversees in what way? What does that mean? Is he the person that decides who the managers should be and who is head of recruitment and the scouting structure etc?

Last edited:
Oversees in what way? What does that mean? Is he the person that decided to go the managers should be and who is head of recruitment and the scouting structure etc?
From my understanding of it, which could be totally wrong, he basically replaces Levy on anything to do with the football side of things.

Oversees in what way? What does that mean? Is he the person that decides who the managers should be and who is head of recruitment and the scouting structure etc?

I would assume managers are selected by him, Levy and Donna Cullen (at a minimum). But he is responsible for the football side...to exactly what extent, I don't know. But he isn't simply Partici's replacement.

Back