• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

He somehow seems to think he has a future at Spurs. He doesn't. I doubt very much after last years shenanigans and dismal performances, AVB will ever select him again.

Please note, he only says he will remain at Spurs until the end of this season albeit that he has a contract for another two years after that. Doesn't seem to me like someone who is all that committed to Spurs - rather, I will take the big bucks sitting on my butt this year and will agitate for a transfer fee again at the end of the season
He was asked a question about whether he would move in January to which he replied I will stay for the whole year. Not to mention the fact that its probably given in another language. It's clear you don't like him. But you have no idea whether AVB has future plans for him

He somehow seems to think he has a future at Spurs. He doesn't. I doubt very much after last years shenanigans and dismal performances, AVB will ever select him again.

Please note, he only says he will remain at Spurs until the end of this season albeit that he has a contract for another two years after that. Doesn't seem to me like someone who is all that committed to Spurs - rather, I will take the big bucks sitting on my butt this year and will agitate for a transfer fee again at the end of the season

Will you admit you're wrong if you're proven wrong? I also think you'll be proven wrong mate...

Will you admit you're wrong if you're proven wrong? I also think you'll be proven wrong mate...

Of course. Just like you and Townsend and BAE. As I said in the thread about who has failed to live up to their potential. Ade has it all. He just doesn't use it very often.

He was asked a question about whether he would move in January to which he replied I will stay for the whole year. Not to mention the fact that its probably given in another language. It's clear you don't like him. But you have no idea whether AVB has future plans for him

Neither do you. It seems pretty clear to me that AVB tried As hard as he could to offload him this summer,

Who actually knows what AVB did or didn't try hard to do? Seems to me from Ade's point of view he has a decent relationship with AVB

Who actually knows what AVB did or didn't try hard to do? Seems to me from Ade's point of view he has a decent relationship with AVB

It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you are first team player who has been allowed a bit of time off on compassionate grounds ( and not through injury) when you return the manager doesn't let you back with the first team squad but tells you to go and work with reserves, it is pretty clear what he thinks of you.

For Ade to return we would need to have a massive injury crisis amongst our strikers. Some on here, think that Ade wasn't even AVB's choice in the first place eh Stef?

Lol. If Ade demands to leave, he is a trouble-making mercenary. If he says he's going to stay and fight for his place he is a bone-idle money-grabber.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you are first team player who has been allowed a bit of time off on compassionate grounds ( and not through injury) when you return the manager doesn't let you back with the first team squad but tells you to go and work with reserves, it is pretty clear what he thinks of you.

For Ade to return we would need to have a massive injury crisis amongst our strikers. Some on here, think that Ade wasn't even AVB's choice in the first place eh Stef?

Indeed, he wasn't, but I think this is what makes whatever it was that AVB DID wring out of him last year all the more impressive. He makes the best of what he has generally, and I hope he can do so again, and with greater scoring effect, this season.

Of course. Just like you and Townsend and BAE. As I said in the thread about who has failed to live up to their potential. Ade has it all. He just doesn't use it very often.

I loved Benny...only just sadly replaced him as my avatar!

Indeed, he wasn't, but I think this is what makes whatever it was that AVB DID wring out of him last year all the more impressive. He makes the best of what he has generally, and I hope he can do so again, and with greater scoring effect, this season.

100% disagree with you on this. For all his faults, Harry was able to get the best out of Ade. Liverpool at home remains one of the best all round centre forward displays I have seen since Berbs was in his prime. Ade was pretty impressive against Saudi Sportswashing Machine too and ended the season as our highest goalscorer with many assists to his name.

Contrast that with what AVB got out of him. Maybe 20 decent minutes against Chelscum and 5 minutes against the Ar*e before being sent off. In so many games last season, he just stood offside most of the time and looked like a pub player the rest of the time. Despite his undoubted talent, AVB couldn't get a decent game out of him ALL season. What makes you think he will this time around?

Last edited:

Indeed, he wasn't, but I think this is what makes whatever it was that AVB DID wring out of him last year all the more impressive. He makes the best of what he has generallyand I hope he can do so again, and with greater scoring effect, this season.

Just like with BAE?

I'll say it too.

Adebayor has played his last game in the premiership in a Tottenham shirt.

I await the photo's of him playing with the reserves, I await him getting the hump with him playing with the reserves. I wait for him walking out. I cannot wait for him to join another club.

I'll say it too.

Adebayor has played his last game in the premiership in a Tottenham shirt.

I await the photo's of him playing with the reserves, I await him getting the hump with him playing with the reserves. I wait for him walking out. I cannot wait for him to join another club.

We haven't got great depth up top, so if Defoe or Soldado gets injured I don't think it's improbable that he'll get some games. But as you I can't see him winning back his place in the side. Would be happy if he did though, because that would mean that he's on top form.

Wow I wish some of you guys were my boss. I could put in subpar performances at work all year and still get the benefit of the doubt :p

Last season one of the massive problems was we had two recognised strikers in Ade and Defoe....and all our goals came from a maruading midfielder in Bale. We have now got in Soldado and Lamela (arguably another marauding midfielder), but in essance we have 4 strikers. All of these guys give us something different, Bobby is a poacher, Ade is a tall target man, JD is quick and nippy with a terrific shot and Lamela seems to be a creative forward that can fashion a goal.

Personally I'd like to see how a partnership with Ade and Soldado would work in a 4-4-2, Andros/Azza whipping them from the right and Erik/Nacer in from the left and Eriksen sat behind the front two with either Paulie or the Beast playing a defensive midfielder role infront of the back four.

Back