• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

This. His stellar performances are so few and far between. There is a reason he has moved from club to club and was no secret we were trying to move him on

He had his chances and he blew it. We apparently tried to buy Pato in the window and offered Ade in a deal for Torres. It is quite clear AVB doesn't want him.

Feel bad giving him and Defoe as much stick as I did last year.

Considering how isolated and poor Soldado has looked this season in the league in terms of involvement, I can't help but feel that if it was Ade or Defoe in his place and giving the exact same performances against Swansea and Palace, they'd have been absolute shat on by those on here. It's obvious that he needs a creative guy to create chances for him to excel. Adebayor looked best when playing for his contract, true. But he also had Modric and VDV feeding him balls. (as well as scoring pens)

Considering how isolated and poor Soldado has looked this season in the league in terms of involvement, I can't help but feel that if it was Ade or Defoe in his place and giving the exact same performances against Swansea and Palace, they'd have been absolute shat on by those on here. It's obvious that he needs a creative guy to create chances for him to excel. Adebayor looked best when playing for his contract, true. But he also had Modric and VDV feeding him balls. (as well as scoring pens)

Yup, just goes to show how difficult it is for any striker to play in a team which is as devoid of creative passers as our side has been over the past year. Even Berbatov in his prime would've struggled to play good football in a team surrounded by beasts with no passing maestros to link up with.

Nothing wrong with what Soldado has given us so far. What nonsense to even talk about the two as similar. Soldado has been in the EPL five minutes and has a whole squad, a new life, a new brand of football to get used to. 3 fooking games... ](*,) Ade has played in the EPL what 10 years. Everyone knows his previous. Soldado IMO has looked isolated probably in the first half against Arsenal only. In the second half we made 3 attacking changes and he had adapt again. **** me.. lol In the first two games he has looked dangerous and alert and everything that you would want from a penalty box #9.

Adebayor is a twunt and Defoe is a hit the ball as hard as he can twunt but we like him as he is a yid.

I cannot wait till around November and this side is purring like a Silver Phantom Rolls Royce.

Nothing wrong with what Soldado has given us so far. What nonsense to even talk about the two as similar. Soldado has been in the EPL five minutes and has a whole squad, a new life, a new brand of football to get used to. 3 fooking games... ](*,) Ade has played in the EPL what 10 years. Everyone knows his previous. Soldado IMO has looked isolated probably in the first half against Arsenal only. In the second half we made 3 attacking changes and he had adapt again. **** me.. lol In the first two games he has looked dangerous and alert and everything that you would want from a penalty box #9.

Adebayor is a twunt and Defoe is a hit the ball as hard as he can twunt but we like him as he is a yid.

I cannot wait till around November and this side is purring like a Silver Phantom Rolls Royce.

What?

I never said they were similar, did you just not read what I wrote? We all knew what we would be getting when Soldado come, goals. We knew not to expect him holding the ball up and bringing others in to play, he would get goals if given the oppertunity and he simply hasn't been given the oppertunity, that isn't his fault. I said when he signed that he would be no where near as effective as Ade was for us 2011-12 and he won't be, goals wise? He may be if he can get the service, lets hope Eriksen and/or Holtby can provide that for him because then we will see the best out of him.

You never miss your water til the well runs dry. Normally 2 goals a game when he plays on his own up front.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=29678&season_id=142

I fancy Ade and Soldado for home games.

Yeah, Soldado has been with us 2 minutes no full pre season, new team, new life, new type of football and this is his return already:

Spurs v Espanyol (friendly) - scored
Crystal Palace v Spurs (League) - scored
Dynamo Tibilisi v Spurs (Europa) - scored twice
Spurs v Swansea (League) -scored
Arsenal v Spurs (League) -didn't score

So in all his 5 appearances for Spurs have resulted in 5 goals. The only game he didn't find the net was against Arsenal away in a derby in a disjointed team performance where he was starved of chances.

Summary is a goal a game ratio which if repeated over the season would result in record goals hauls.

Yet some think he's no upgrade on Defoe & Ade last season. Jesus. Don't care if there were penalties in there. How many pens has Defoe missed?

I think Soldado will be quality. His first few games convinced me of that - get the ball to him in the bod, he'll do the rest!

Name one person on this forum who has said he wouldnt be an upgrade of Defoe or Adebayor of last season? Or are you putting words in peoples mouths?

Yeah, Soldado has been with us 2 minutes no full pre season, new team, new life, new type of football and this is his return already:

So in all his 5 appearances for Spurs have resulted in 5 goals. The only game he didn't find the net was against Arsenal away in a derby in a disjointed team performance where he was starved of chances.

Summary is a goal a game ratio which if repeated over the season would result in record goals hauls.

Yet some think he's no upgrade on Defoe & Ade last season. Jesus. Don't care if there were penalties in there. How many pens has Defoe missed?

I think Soldado will be quality. His first few games convinced me of that - get the ball to him in the bod, he'll do the rest!

Soldado will score goals this season, no question about it. Who is saying he wont?

Well, it looks like we're stuck with him for a while. Would have felt a bit bad if he'd left anyway, considering the recent personal tragedy he's been through. We won't have to rely on him as much if Soldado stays fit, so I hope he gets a bit more slack from the fans this year. And who knows, if the lack of pressure on him sparks some great performances from the guy as a sub/ competitor to Soldado, then maybe he can become our main man again after all.

Well, it looks like we're stuck with him for a while. Would have felt a bit bad if he'd left anyway, considering the recent personal tragedy he's been through. We won't have to rely on him as much if Soldado stays fit, so I hope he gets a bit more slack from the fans this year. And who knows, if the lack of pressure on him sparks some great performances from the guy as a sub/ competitor to Soldado, then maybe he can become our main man again after all.

=D>

Surely we can still get rid of this shambolic idiot? He is not wanted, he does not respect our team or our head coach. Can we loan him to the Championship or Ukraine or Togo?

5 in 5 sounds great until you express it as three penalties and two against a pub team.

adebayor_blog_afp.jpg

Surely we can still get rid of this shambolic idiot? He is not wanted, he does not respect our team or our head coach. Can we loan him to the Championship or Ukraine or Togo?

He wasn't shambolic two years ago, when his confidence was at its highest and he felt wanted. There is no evidence to suggest he does not respect our team or AVB (even that delayed plane back from Togo was explained by him having to go meet the president of the damn country with the rest of his team before flying back), and loaning him to the Championship or Ukraine or Togo is utterly ludicrous considering that we'll still be paying his wages (because no one in their right minds would offer to pay them when we're evidently so desperate to shift him that we offer him to everyone on loan after the damn window shuts) but won't have the benefit of actually having him available to play when Soldado or Defoe get injured.

Hope that helps.

That's not how it played out at all Dubai and you know it.

Adebayor had ample opportunities to get back to Spurs sooner and the club were fuming about his lackadaisical attitude about getting back to help us during a tough period of the season, swanning in days late with an attitude of "what... who... meee?".

The guy is not a serious athlete, you do not act like he does and get to the top of the tree, he is not to be respected and does not show respect to Spurs.

The initial point Mumorn makes is correct IMO. Soldado will score twenty this year im sure but did nowt on Sunday- not his fault cos his game is reliant on service but had Ade been playing he would have gone roaming out of the area looking to link up; then he would have been moaned at for not being in the box. Soldado sat in the box all afternoon and barely touched the ball.

That's not how it played out at all Dubai and you know it.

Adebayor had ample opportunities to get back to Spurs sooner and the club were fuming about his lackadaisical attitude about getting back to help us during a tough period of the season, swanning in days late with an attitude of "what... who... meee?".

The guy is not a serious athlete, you do not act like he does and get to the top of the tree, he is not to be respected and does not show respect to Spurs.

When it comes to motivation, it is my view that there are two kinds of people: those that get it from within themselves and those that derive it from their environment. I'd suggest Adebayor is firmly in the latter category. When the fans love him, when the manager inspires and favours him, when the goals flow, he is in his element. He will never miss a training session and he will never give less than 100 percent in games. See 2011-2012 for an example of everything clicking for him at the right time.

When things go against him, when the fans moan about him, and when the manager chooses to adopt a more restrained, equitable team policy, Ade will struggle. This has been borne out by his late travails at Arsenal and last season for us. I do not doubt he gave as much as he could for us, but subconsciously he was never fully motivated and thus never felt that he could give more than he was giving, even if previously he easily surpassed the level he was currently playing at.

Look, I believe him when he says he was delayed by the president. And the whole AfCon affair I try to forget about, because he was shot at the last time he'd gone to that tournament and trauma like that does strange things to people when they return to the environment where said trauma took place. Sure, he might be more difficult to deal with than most players, but looking back, I'm not fully willing to call him disrespectful or lazy based on what he did last season. He has talent, and this year more than ever he'll be looking to focus on his football given the tragic death of his brother. And I'd like us to give him one more chance before throwing him aside and jeering at him as he walks away. And if AVB can't handle a player with confidence and motivation issues different to those that affect the rest of his squad, maybe he's less of a brilliant manager than most of us make him out to be, even if his tactics and training remain impeccable.

People are getting carried away - he's had one very good season and one very poor season.

Let's not bring his time at other clubs into things.

He's here, he's shown an entire season of very good performances, and he's different to Soldado and Defoe, so we need him, quite frankly.

As far as I can tell, he's done nothing to cause such outrage from fans. Bit of love, sing his name and who knows what might happen.

Agreed! We're not playing to his strengths, but that doesn't mean he isn't embarassingly defficient in certain parts of his game. Of course, this is exactly how he was billed, so no one was under any illusions.

This "movement" thing is a myth - certainly when applied to the Arsenal game. I was watching him closely and he doesn't, or didn't, move any better than any other reasonable striker. The "he comes alive" thing is just a cliche applied to this sort of striker and a case of people wanting him to succeed and seeing what they want to see. Mind you, we should be used to these cliches applied to our strikers. How many times has Defoe been described as a "natural goalscorer", despite his underwhelming goal record? The boy "loves to score goals", right?

Back