• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

In the pub I watched the game in today I heard Royal described as a "Donkey" and it took everything to hold my tongue as to not cause a conflict.

It was alongside such idiocies such as Richy had apparently only scored for us the Europa league. macarons are everywhere, be vigilant! Or just shy away from human interaction as the clams don't react well to being corrected...

Seriously mate, do you honestly think any manager is saying “ignore Emerson, he’s brick”?

Jesus wept.

I actually do - not ignore him per se, but 'don't bother closing him down because he can't cross a ball to save his life - focus on the runners around him'. Easier to create overloads on our remaining 9 outfielders if you can basically ignore one of them on the ball.

Both of them have got far too much abuse. Both of them are good players who are likely to get better (just as long as our idiot fan base don’t destroy them first).

There seems to me a difference their approach/reaction, Royal appears to have worked at his game, Sess looks to me a player with greater ability but lacking in self belief, unless he does something about it he will regret not achieving what he could in the game, watching Trippier make a dogs dinner of playing lwb for England he must kick himself, he should have been going to world cup.

There seems to me a difference their approach/reaction, Royal appears to have worked at his game, Sess looks to me a player with greater ability but lacking in self belief, unless he does something about it he will regret not achieving what he could in the game, watching Trippier make a dogs dinner of playing lwb for England he must kick himself, he should have been going to world cup.
Sessegnon has not had the luxury of playing with players as good as Romero and Kulusevski. He has typically had Son who has often left him with both his wide forward and the opponents full back to defend against.

Reactions: DTA
It's a fairly common tactic to press a player less if they're the one you want on the ball.

It's also fairly common to have some players you have to stick tightly to and some you can mark more loosely. Royal is definitely not getting tight marked

And that I can believe and have seen. But that's a bit different to " he's so utterly bad on the ball that teams ignore him".

I'd agree, said it before, if you go to a game, in the pregame warm ups, Royal is often by himself with one of the coaching staff, working on his crossing and 1:1 take ons, if he's doing that in stadium, I suspect he's doing a lot on the training field.

Royal has significant advantages over Sess, he's got a great engine, doesn't get injured and his positional discipline has always been way better (it's better than any of our FB/WBs). But the big part is mental strength, Sess always seems overwhelmed (we have never seen the Fulham player) even when supported, Royal takes brick day in, day out for months, turns up, gives a 100% with a smile on his face.

Sessegnon has not had the luxury of playing with players as good as Romero and Kulusevski. He has typically had Son who has often left him with both his wide forward and the opponents full back to defend against.

I'm sorry what you say may have some truth but it's his responsibility to come to terms with it, it doesnt explain poor crossing, lack of aggression in tackling or general air of uncertainty. He has talent although I never believed he had the mentality or desire to defend, time to stop making excuses for him he's got to man up.

I enjoyed reading this from Alistair Gold:
"Emerson's stats saw him make more tackles than anyone else with seven to his name, he won possession nine times, won 13 duels and three more in the air, as well completing three clearances and he made four touches in the opposition box.

He also tucked inside to help Skipp and Hojbjerg out frequently, leading the former to say after the game: "I think Emerson, especially the last few games, he's really started to appear in those pockets and it's really nice with Kulusevski pulling out wide and he can cut inside. You know that Harry has that ability when he gets on the half-turn that he can spray passes about, so he's incredible at that."

Emerson's confidence has grown and grown and three months on from having his substitutions off the pitch cheered and jeered the 24-year-old has become a cult hero with his tackles bringing a roar from the same crowd. One inch-perfect challenge on Ben Chilwell early in the game set the tone.

The matchday programme for the Chelsea match bore his image on the front and an interview in which he spoke about his turnaround in fortunes.

"I've always worked hard on my game throughout my time here. I know that, at times, it has been hard, it has been difficult, but I never lost focus on my football," he said. "I always tried to do what I always did to get here in the first place. Now, thanks to GHod, better things are coming my way and that has been the case in recent matches. I think that you can see when a player is confident, he shows on the pitch. Things come easier and work better. And I have always been myself - the same player. Some people say that 'it's a different Emerson' but, the truth is I've always been the same player, the same Emerson, the one who played for the Brazil national team, Real Betis and Barcelona. Now I find myself in the team, playing well and I hope that it continues for a long time."

The Brazilian is a likeable and infectiously happy person and he's become one of the most popular members of Conte's squad. He admits though that his turning point came first away at the Etihad Stadium and then with his man of the match home display against Emirates Marketing Project with his running battle with the £100m man Jack Grealish.

"Yes, definitely [it was a turning point]," he said with a big grin. "It was a huge game at home in front of our fans just after we played at their place - where I scored - but unfortunately we lost. I'd say, after that away match, something clicked for me, and people started to speak positively about me again. You could see that at home, the team had the support from the fans, and they showed their confidence - in me."

Emerson has found his happy place at Tottenham and with his Brazilian team-mates Lucas Moura and Richarlison. They play FIFA together constantly, hang out at each other's homes and even play in a band together, while a certain Argentinean has helped Emerson on and off the pitch and while kicking his backside in celebrations.

"[Lucas and Richarlison are] both incredible players - two of the best. It is a great pleasure to share the pitch with them," he said. "Richarlison has only just got here but he already has a very important role to play. Here Lucas is a very experienced player, and he helps us a lot. Richarlison and I are quite similar in the sense that we're both young at heart, he is a young player, and we get on well together. The same with Lucas, but he is more of a father for me and Richarlison. During the times that us two get annoyed, Lucas is the one to calm us down."

He added: "Given that mix, I'd say that both have played a very important role in helping me get to the level I'm currently at. [Cristian] Romero too. He has helped me a lot on and off the pitch. He is a great guy. It's an honour to play with them all."

It's been a perfect fortnight for Emerson with his displays on the pitch allied to good news off it as he has got engaged to his girlfriend and is set to become a father for the first time, with his partner expecting a little boy."

I enjoyed reading this from Alistair Gold:
"Emerson's stats saw him make more tackles than anyone else with seven to his name, he won possession nine times, won 13 duels and three more in the air, as well completing three clearances and he made four touches in the opposition box.

He also tucked inside to help Skipp and Hojbjerg out frequently, leading the former to say after the game: "I think Emerson, especially the last few games, he's really started to appear in those pockets and it's really nice with Kulusevski pulling out wide and he can cut inside. You know that Harry has that ability when he gets on the half-turn that he can spray passes about, so he's incredible at that."

Emerson's confidence has grown and grown and three months on from having his substitutions off the pitch cheered and jeered the 24-year-old has become a cult hero with his tackles bringing a roar from the same crowd. One inch-perfect challenge on Ben Chilwell early in the game set the tone.

The matchday programme for the Chelsea match bore his image on the front and an interview in which he spoke about his turnaround in fortunes.

"I've always worked hard on my game throughout my time here. I know that, at times, it has been hard, it has been difficult, but I never lost focus on my football," he said. "I always tried to do what I always did to get here in the first place. Now, thanks to GHod, better things are coming my way and that has been the case in recent matches. I think that you can see when a player is confident, he shows on the pitch. Things come easier and work better. And I have always been myself - the same player. Some people say that 'it's a different Emerson' but, the truth is I've always been the same player, the same Emerson, the one who played for the Brazil national team, Real Betis and Barcelona. Now I find myself in the team, playing well and I hope that it continues for a long time."

The Brazilian is a likeable and infectiously happy person and he's become one of the most popular members of Conte's squad. He admits though that his turning point came first away at the Etihad Stadium and then with his man of the match home display against Emirates Marketing Project with his running battle with the £100m man Jack Grealish.

"Yes, definitely [it was a turning point]," he said with a big grin. "It was a huge game at home in front of our fans just after we played at their place - where I scored - but unfortunately we lost. I'd say, after that away match, something clicked for me, and people started to speak positively about me again. You could see that at home, the team had the support from the fans, and they showed their confidence - in me."

Emerson has found his happy place at Tottenham and with his Brazilian team-mates Lucas Moura and Richarlison. They play FIFA together constantly, hang out at each other's homes and even play in a band together, while a certain Argentinean has helped Emerson on and off the pitch and while kicking his backside in celebrations.

"[Lucas and Richarlison are] both incredible players - two of the best. It is a great pleasure to share the pitch with them," he said. "Richarlison has only just got here but he already has a very important role to play. Here Lucas is a very experienced player, and he helps us a lot. Richarlison and I are quite similar in the sense that we're both young at heart, he is a young player, and we get on well together. The same with Lucas, but he is more of a father for me and Richarlison. During the times that us two get annoyed, Lucas is the one to calm us down."

He added: "Given that mix, I'd say that both have played a very important role in helping me get to the level I'm currently at. [Cristian] Romero too. He has helped me a lot on and off the pitch. He is a great guy. It's an honour to play with them all."

It's been a perfect fortnight for Emerson with his displays on the pitch allied to good news off it as he has got engaged to his girlfriend and is set to become a father for the first time, with his partner expecting a little boy."

Nice, sometimes we just forget there are humans out there, young ones a long way from home .. kudos to him.

And that I can believe and have seen. But that's a bit different to " he's so utterly bad on the ball that teams ignore him".
That's true but it's not entirely unrelated.

Partly the decision will be down to the player's position and partly down to their ability.

Sess self belief is long gone
He needs to be braver in himself
But I really don’t think conte helps with his patrolling and barking ok the sidelines
Royal has arguably more self belief than any player I’ve seen…. Balls of steel

You yourself blamed Sess' poor performances on the right side, so it's not quite BS...

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Did I
Or did I use the words balance…
I did highlight that conte matching and barking is killing the player
I also did highlight that we could see vs arsenal for example sess running forward and conte barking at him… then him retreating
No coincidence that the teams best form has come without having a man screaming at them on the sidelines (and of course no players making basic errors)

and my comment stands that sess gets as much vitriol as people give royal. I’ve seen and heard it on here, on teletext and at games.
Hugo throws it in his own net and the blame goes to sessegnon

And as for royal… he needs to keep this up now. He has reset the bar. This needs to be not about form and more abbot the standard for him

Did I
Or did I use the words balance…
I did highlight that conte matching and barking is killing the player
I also did highlight that we could see vs arsenal for example sess running forward and conte barking at him… then him retreating
No coincidence that the teams best form has come without having a man screaming at them on the sidelines (and of course no players making basic errors)

and my comment stands that sess gets as much vitriol as people give royal. I’ve seen and heard it on here, on teletext and at games.
Hugo throws it in his own net and the blame goes to sessegnon

And as for royal… he needs to keep this up now. He has reset the bar. This needs to be not about form and more abbot the standard for him
You didn't mention balance. You just said Sess wasn't able to perform because of Royal's own poor performance. We had this discussion because I was saying to you Sess' own poor performance was down to himself and not Royal.

You didn't mention balance. You just said Sess wasn't able to perform because of Royal's own poor performance. We had this discussion because I was saying to you Sess' own poor performance was down to himself and not Royal.

I can’t find that discussion anywhere using the search function

Back