• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

If it took spending 40 million to get him operating at the top of his game, so be it. I feel for Porro slightly but at the moment, Royal is playing lights out.

I think the signing of Porro is coincidental to Emerson doing well. Emerson has improved from much earlier. Perhaps helped a bit further by some really positive experiences like the goal against City boosting his confidence.

I think it's a very good thing that we don't have to rely on Porro straight away. Kulusevski and Bentancur settled in really quickly a year ago, but most players need a bit of time. Emerson doing this well could allow Porro the chance to get a slightly softer and better start.

Brilliant to see him being cheered by the fans, he has come here and been asked to do a job that he has never done before ( attacking W/B) he has got his head down and worked hard to play a different system. I remember being at the game ( can not remember which team it was) when he was taken of and there were dingdongheads in the crowd actually cheering/ jeering as he walked off.

Call themselves fans and then boo their own players :( Good for him for proving them all wrong.
Indeed.... It hasn't been a coincidence that his performances away from home this season had tended to be better than his performances at our own stadium. Good to see that he has taken some of those good away performances and started to believe in himself a bit more and put them in at home as well. Of course it also helps that he is more adapted to the premier league in general, as well as better adapted to playing as a wingback and constantly building his partnerships with Kulu and Romero.

A very good player was very, very close to be completely ruined by our fans, I fear the same may happen to Sessegnon, who has at least as much potential as Royal does to be a top class wingback or fullback in the premier league.

I was at that game and had words with someone about their abuse of him. Not the first time I've had to in fairness. Anyone who understands football could see he is a technically great right-back and had a lot of learning to do to fit into Conte's wing-back position. His dedication and hard work has been superb the past 10 months. His shape and perseverance on the pitch has always been strong. Delighted for him.

Brilliant, really glad to see you willing and able to call someone out for this.

I honestly do not understand how anyone would give brick to a player who gives 110%, goes above and beyond off the pitch to improve both physically and technically, as well as mentally, is always upbeat and never sulks, just because he doesn't have the natural talent to play a position that the manager has him playing??? I mean, if you're going to boo, boo the manager. Not the player who is giving it his all and trying to cope in an admirable way with the situation he is presented with.

Wtf is the matter with some people?

44pqxrtv4sja1.jpg

Good to see Emerson get recognition.

It was only West Ham...but this followed a very good performance against Man C.ity so hopefully we are on the upward plane from here until the end of the season fingers crossed...

Great run and finish though

The thing is, he’s always been a really good right-back. We don’t play a 4. He’s been asked to learn an entirely new system to the one which suits his game, but instead of recognizing that, some people would bang on about him being ‘brick’ and ‘the worst player blah blah’ without actually watching him!!! He was never even close to our worst player, he just got tagged and the parroting took over. When Deki is fit and when Romero is behind him, he’s very good. That he is taking up some pretty advanced attacking position and really using that inside channel which Deki’s runs can create is testimony to his hard work trying to get to grips with the system. He’s a really good player.

The thing is, he’s always been a really good right-back. We don’t play a 4. He’s been asked to learn an entirely new system to the one which suits his game, but instead of recognizing that, some people would bang on about him being ‘brick’ and ‘the worst player blah blah’ without actually watching him!!! He was never even close to our worst player, he just got tagged and the parroting took over. When Deki is fit and when Romero is behind him, he’s very good. That he is taking up some pretty advanced attacking position and really using that inside channel which Deki’s runs can create is testimony to his hard work trying to get to grips with the system. He’s a really good player.

Think most of us have said that he was good defensively. But he was very poor in the final third. Hard worker got in great positions then seemed to have a brain fart. If he has got that sorted sweet. He's done very well recently. Hope it continues.

Think most of us have said that he was good defensively. But he was very poor in the final third. Hard worker got in great positions then seemed to have a brain fart. If he has got that sorted sweet. He's done very well recently. Hope it continues.

Well some were claiming his mere presence was making the whole team play badly, that it was his fault Sess was garbage on the opposite side.

It was OTT.

Well some were claiming his mere presence was making the whole team play badly, that it was his fault Sess was garbage on the opposite side.

It was OTT.

Always been the way with some fans. Get hurt if we're not doing well and want to lash out at someone they can blame for the pain.

He has got undeserved stick and the booing was out of order (save that for someone who puts no effort in, and is taking the tinkle).

It was OTT.
Emerson’s inability to cross a ball is because of sessegnon?
That’s fudging weird
Especially as sessegnon has barely played

It was the other way around, Sess being excused for being brick on the ball down the left because of Royal.
Wow
You talk some rubbish at times
royal has made 41 crosses this season and got it to a spurs player 6 times….
That’s nothing to do with the other side … where is generally playing with Perisic
It’s because he isn’t very good at attacking play
He is a right back
His last 3 games for us has been great though

We should enjoy royals up turn in form
He is playing the best he has for us in his last few games
It doesn’t mean he is suddenly brilliant but it may mean he has turned a corner
If he can maintain this level he will be a real plus for us
His defending has always generally been of a high standard
The last 3 or 4 games he has started under cutting Kulu and it’s given him room to play in
He has also stopped the ball… sound daft but by not running he has let the play go head of him
He hasn’t been crossing the ball at all (his Achilles heel) and it’s at that area of weakness hasn’t been apparent
It’s got nothing to do with who is playing on the other side of the pitch
It’s got nothing to do with most of his team mates I’d wager
It’s a lot to do with his work on and off the pitch and his belief in himself, along with some additional coaching and development

Wow
You talk some rubbish at times
royal has made 41 crosses this season and got it to a spurs player 6 times….
That’s nothing to do with the other side … where is generally playing with Perisic
It’s because he isn’t very good at attacking play
He is a right back
His last 3 games for us has been great though

@Bedfordspurs

read what I’m saying

Sess was given a pass for playing badly down the left, simply because Royal was on the pitch too

nothing to do with anything Royal was actually doing or not, just being on the pitch was the reason Sess was brick, and therefor wasn’t Sess’ fault

@Bedfordspurs

read what I’m saying

Sess was given a pass for playing badly down the left, simply because Royal was on the pitch too

nothing to do with anything Royal was actually doing or not, just being on the pitch was the reason Sess was brick, and therefor wasn’t Sess’ fault
Sess got pelters
But sess barely played with royal and got as much stick if not more
And I’d argue with sess it’s conte killing his hand with all the sideline orders

Exactly. I even remember noticing that he actually got into great positions more often than Doherty did but he was never given credit for it because unfortunately he was rarely able to do anything effective with the ball. He's a very good RB and learning the WB role, hopefully he keeps improving and keeps it up.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back