• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

He's been coming inside a lot lately (hence the baby celebration after he scored last week), but seriously, as others have mentioned, he is finding that space in midfield. When needed, he and Deki can create the width but otherwise, he's being that extra man we need especially when the other defenders or midfielders are staying back.

Wow
You talk some rubbish at times
royal has made 41 crosses this season and got it to a spurs player 6 times….
That’s nothing to do with the other side … where is generally playing with Perisic
It’s because he isn’t very good at attacking play
He is a right back
His last 3 games for us has been great though

What baleforce is saying is that people were so busy targetting Royal for everything that Sess’ ineptitude was partially ignored/forgiven.

He is
But I think it’s because he gets left by the opposition
Now we’re trusting him he is exploiting it

It's one of the lovely little adaptations you see in football - he's so utterly bad on the ball that teams ignore him, and now we're using that to slip him into the box where even a simple pass from him can do damage. :p

But, full credit to him - it wouldn't work if he didn't show for the ball, make those runs, hustle up and down that inside right channel. Will it work in the long run? Don't think so - think he's straying into Kulu's space just like Perisic strayed into Son's, and while it works now, long-term I think Porro still has the edge as an orthodox wing back on the outside.

But it's fun to watch while it lasts, and hats off to him for the mental strength to come back from his truly abysmal first half of the season.

It's one of the lovely little adaptations you see in football - he's so utterly bad on the ball that teams ignore him, and now we're using that to slip him into the box where even a simple pass from him can do damage. :p

But, full credit to him - it wouldn't work if he didn't show for the ball, make those runs, hustle up and down that inside right channel. Will it work in the long run? Don't think so - think he's straying into Kulu's space just like Perisic strayed into Son's, and while it works now, long-term I think Porro still has the edge as an orthodox wing back on the outside.

But it's fun to watch while it lasts, and hats off to him for the mental strength to come back from his truly abysmal first half of the season.

Seriously mate, do you honestly think any manager is saying “ignore Emerson, he’s brick”?

Jesus wept.

The thing is, he’s always been a really good right-back. We don’t play a 4. He’s been asked to learn an entirely new system to the one which suits his game, but instead of recognizing that, some people would bang on about him being ‘brick’ and ‘the worst player blah blah’ without actually watching him!!! He was never even close to our worst player, he just got tagged and the parroting took over. When Deki is fit and when Romero is behind him, he’s very good. That he is taking up some pretty advanced attacking position and really using that inside channel which Deki’s runs can create is testimony to his hard work trying to get to grips with the system. He’s a really good player.

Steady on.

It has been noticeable at games that the opposition wouldn't pay much attention to marking him - was also noticeable for a time that our players would avoid passing to him despite him being in acres of space out wide

So you think the opposition are saying "ignore Emerson, he's brick"? Seriously?

It has been noticeable at games that the opposition wouldn't pay much attention to marking him - was also noticeable for a time that our players would avoid passing to him despite him being in acres of space out wide
100%
If the opposition want to leave him now.,, hey that’s great for us as our players will use him now
And add in that him and Kulu have worked out a way to play with royal cutting inside… it’s better for us

He never got as much abuse as Royal. The levels Royal got were unacceptable and caused me to have words with someone at a game.
Come and sit near me then
In the south I’ve heard a lot of dogs abuse for sessegnon when he was regularly walking off having to go around the pitch

Back