• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

Looked, as he imo has before joining us too, a well rounded player. No real weaknesses. Only question mark being if he can replicate his scoring form from last season. That will probably be as much about what the others can create for him as anything though.
Looking at his previous scoring patterns, it looks like he found his feet in his second season in the Championship, and the second season in the Premier League, so maybe we have to wait until next season to see the best of him?

I thought he did pretty well. Was well involved in the game and played a part linking up and also getting on the end of things. He should've scored the header at the far post but it would've been offside anyway on VAR review I think.

The other chance he had I think he went a bit safe and hit it with power but too close to the keeper to ensure he got it on target instead of really looking to hit the net just inside the near post which was the only place he could've really scored unless the keeper made a blunder.

A decent start from him and I think he'll suit our play.

I only watched the first half (thankfully, it seems!), but thought he looked lively, pressing well and getting into good positions. Could easily have had a goal or two, so it was a promising debut.

My thought was if this game was a month from now, he would have had a hattrick ..

Just went too safe a couple of times, also didn't read his teammates a couple of times, expected with being with squad less than a week.

looks like an average player to me ..but this is spurs.........
Yeah. I would've preferred Toney but obviously Dom was cheaper and younger and Levy saw sell on asset value. It was a shame he didn't score though and his name reminds of Soldado. If he starts against Everton he needs to get one from open play to hit the ground running.

Yeah. I would've preferred Toney but obviously Dom was cheaper and younger and Levy saw sell on asset value. It was a shame he didn't score though and his name reminds of Soldado. If he starts against Everton he needs to get one from open play to hit the ground running.
Dom Solanke wasn't cheaper than Toney

We were speaking to Toney. I know that from some bloody good sources. Clearly we made another choice …

Toney would be more expensive wages wise as he wants silly money which is his call now with his contract

We were speaking to Toney. I know that from some bloody good sources. Clearly we made another choice …

Toney would be more expensive wages wise as he wants silly money which is his call now with his contract

Toney has baggage, and it has to be a fudge ton for all the bigger EPL clubs to stay clear after having conversations with the guy ..

Toney has baggage, and it has to be a fudge ton for all the bigger EPL clubs to stay clear after having conversations with the guy ..

I guess it's mostly the ridiculous wage demands. Toney has been in the lower leagues most of his career and signed for Brentford when they were in the championship. He's been on a fraction of what other PL strikers earn. It's only natural that he wants to get as much as he can at this point, but then you look at his age and the other stuff.

Looking at his previous scoring patterns, it looks like he found his feet in his second season in the Championship, and the second season in the Premier League, so maybe we have to wait until next season to see the best of him?

Not sure that's how it works ...

makes sense he might need a year to get used to his team mates and vice versa
good thing is his solanke's forward presence movement in the box is already already visibly better than son or richy or kulu.
Not sure that's how it works ...

Back