• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

AFC Bournemouth can confirm the departure of Dominic Solanke for a club record fee.

The striker, who scored 21 goals in all competitions for the Cherries last season, will join Tottenham Hotspur for a significant financial package - the largest the club has ever received for a player.

Chief executive Neill Blake said: “When we identified Dominic as a target and brought him to the club five years ago, we did so with the understanding that this was always a possibility.

“As he began to realise the great potential we knew he had, it quickly became in the club’s best interest to protect his value and so we were delighted to agree terms on a new contract last summer.

“After Dominic’s performances for us - in particular his impressive 2023/24 season - it has come as no surprise that a team of Tottenham’s calibre has shown an interest.

“This move has developed quickly but Dominic has remained professional throughout and I’d like to thank him for that.

“It’s a testament to the character he has always shown while at this club, on and off the pitch.

“His development since arriving in 2019 is a credit to his work rate and endeavour, as well as the platform AFC Bournemouth gives young talent to grow.

“We’re pleased to secure a club record fee for Dominic and he also leaves with everyone’s sincere well wishes at AFC Bournemouth.”

Club icon Solanke made 214 appearances during his five-year stay at Vitality Stadium, scoring 77 goals.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/2024/august/10/solanke-joins-tottenham-in-club-record-deal/
Very classy statement

Someone said he was tall (so lanky) and bigger than Richarlison, which would surprise me.
Please can people at the game who see him in the flesh standing next to Bergvall and other players, confirm or deny if he is tall and/or stocky?
He's nudging 6'1" in height. His hairstyle makes him look taller.

This is an encouraging watch:

Fun watch from a lively and informative presenter.

With a well-reasoned explanation, he calls Solanke "the best player-to-club-fit this transfer season".

Contrast that with The Athletic's sniffy, tepid assessment where they rate this deal at 341/500.

Actually, don't even bother. I support good journalism with subscriptions (NY Times among others) and get to read the Athletic for free. This only confirms why I won't them financially. Especially now that they've stuck another gooner in as replacement beat writer for Spurs.

Fun watch from a lively and informative presenter.

With a well-reasoned explanation, he calls Solanke "the best player-to-club-fit this transfer season".

Contrast that with The Athletic's sniffy, tepid assessment where they rate this deal at 341/500.

Actually, don't even bother. I support good journalism with subscriptions (NY Times among others) and get to read the Athletic for free. This only confirms why I won't them financially. Especially now that they've stuck another gooner in as replacement beat writer for Spurs.

We'll have to see if he is. But enjoyed it and found it informative.

I’m always worried when we spend big and expectations get too high, but here’s to hoping Solanke will be a hit! I’m a fan, think he’s an excellent forward. Welcome, lad.

I’m always worried when we spend big and expectations get too high, but here’s to hoping Solanke will be a hit! I’m a fan, think he’s an excellent forward. Welcome, lad.
Let's hope we're able to provide some sort of service too besides hopeful crosses from the flanks - a requirement for any striker bar Harry Kane.

We've got to keep Richy too I think. Think a solid 15 PL goals a year from Solanke and him fitting the system will make this a worthwhile transfer. I'm a bit concerned over the lack of true top class in the front three though, Johnson and Solanke good players but I'd like one stellar guy there. Think signing that for the right is the easiest to find of the front three. Other worry is that players seem to stop pressing so much around 28/29 so if this is one of Solanke's key features we might not benefit from it for too long. But we desperately needed a striker so I'm glad it's done.

Good analysis although I'm a little concerned he thinks Kulu played on the left and that we played with a double pivot with Maddison a in central position.

The heat map comparison in this video of Solanke vs. Son is super interesting

Richi's hot streak was when he was scoring from exactly the positions that Solanke's heat map shows he will be in ..

We've got to keep Richy too I think. Think a solid 15 goals a year from Solanke and him fitting the system will make this a worthwhile transfer. I'm a bit concerned over the lack of true top class in the front three though, Johnson and Solanke good players but I'd like one stellar player there. Think signing that for the right is the easiest to find of the front three positions.

We need to give Solanki a chance, he's scored 19 for fudging Bournemouth in the PL, he's going to get a lot more chances for Spurs

Back