• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

We need to give Solanki a chance, he's scored 19 for fudging Bournemouth in the PL, he's going to get a lot more chances for Spurs
Yeah systematically Solanke appears to tick all the boxes so he should be a good addition and hopefully he's has some of Son and Richy's better qualities while negating their weaknesses.

I honestly didn't pay super attention to him last season I don't really have a view of him myself so I'm really open minded as to what he will do. Ok balance it feels like he's more likely going to be a success rather than a failure and hopefully not even a middling player.

I like players that have had to work hard to overcome early setbacks to establish themselves at the top of the game. Often, those are the sort of players that have a well-developed mental toughness and work ethic that keeps them on an upward path.

Covered an American League baseball series recently with the Cleveland Guardians. Their first baseman, Josh Naylor, is a Canadian, so not the sort of player to receive favourable treatment in America's minor leagues. He's had to grind his way to the top over several seasons after finishing university and is now one of the best at his position and a powerful batter.

After every batting appearance, he would return to the bench, pick up a tablet and sit off by himself where he could quickly study replays of his performance and also see what the opposing pitchers were throwing at him. Once done, he'd rejoin team mates and coaches and talk about what he'd seen or what they were thinking as they watched. He'd go back up to bat next time better prepared.

I like seeing players like that, one's that never take a minute of their time in the big leagues for granted. After dropping out of glamorous clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea, Solanke has had to rebuild himself with Bournemouth. By all accounts, a hard worker and great team mate. Grateful to be there and prepared to work relentlessly to stay there. I think it's exactly the sort of hungry player - someone with something still to prove - who will suit Spurs culture and Ange's playing style perfectly.

Yeah systematically Solanke appears to tick all the boxes so he should be a good addition and hopefully he's has some of Son and Richy's better qualities while negating their weaknesses.

I honestly didn't pay super attention to him last season I don't really have a view of him myself so I'm really open minded as to what he will do. Ok balance it feels like he's more likely going to be a success rather than a failure and hopefully not even a middling player.

As you've told us, you were busy watching lots of Manc City games.

As you've told us, you were busy watching lots of Manc City games.
Well why wouldn't I watch the best team in the PL play? I like football. I used to one of those guys who watched La Liga, Seria A, Ligue Un and the Eredivisie quite religiously. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Dropped off a bit in the last couple years.

Solanke's arrival is going to send a strong, simple message to Richy - buck up or prepare to ride the pine. You're not the only 60 million quid man in town.
Don't think Richarlison has any issues with commitment or putting in the effort. Doesn't need a message as such.

For me it gives us two options who for now at least seem to be at a fairly similar level. Form, fitness, opponents etc. And not least a real striker option on the bench most weeks. All very good, even more so with our high pressing high intensity style.

Hopefully both will thrive with that competition.

Maybe the big difference to last season is we have genuine rotation. So players should be able to give their all for longer - with more backup available.

We’ve only signed 3 players but add in Moore and Lankshear and maybe a couple of other promising youth players, and we shoul have a significantly more complete squad. That Richarlison-Solanke can be swapped out on 60 mins if needed, or rotated to play one game a week, is massive.

Werner can also provide the same for Son. Possibly Bergvall for Madison. Gray for ? Or even the reverse Maddison for Bergvall. Ange was stressing the squad last season and not ‘first team’ and to play the way he wants to for 9 months needs this approach.

One thing Alex Ferguson seemed to do was rotate players into the side for 7-15 games rather than chop and change players every other game. This makes a lot of sense so players can build momentum give their all and rotate out when they need to be refreshed.

Last edited:
Maybe the big difference to last season is we have genuine rotation. So players should be able to give their all for longer - with more backup available.

We’ve only signed 3 players but add in Moore and Lankshear and maybe a couple of other promising youth players, and we shoul have a significantly more complete squad. That Richarlison-Solanke can be swapped out on 60 mins if needed, or rotated to play one game a week, is massive.

Werner can also provide the same for Son. Possibly Bergvall for Madison. Gray for ? Or even the reverse Maddison for Bergvall. Ange was stressing the squad last season and not ‘first team’ and to play the way he wants to for 9 months needs this approach.

One thing Alex Ferguson seemed to do was rotate players into the side for 7-15 games rather than chop and change players every other game. This makes a lot of sense so players can build momentum give their all and rotate out when they need to be refreshed.
Rotation and options
We never had a chance last year to have 2 strikers on if needed
We ended up shunting players up top and some times it was Romero.. who was good TBF
Now Ange has options that gives him depth
Just need Richy to get fit

Rotation and options
We never had a chance last year to have 2 strikers on if needed
We ended up shunting players up top and some times it was Romero.. who was good TBF
Now Ange has options that gives him depth
Just need Richy to get fit
Not just get fit but also stop falling down so much. I just hope Solanke stays fit too, spurs curse and all. Our blonde superstar nearly got done by chewing gum - when did this, if ever, happen to an epl club!

Not sure if this has been shared on here
But it shows why we brought dom
And why son doesn’t work as a CF
It has :D
It's a good watch for sure. I'm not someone who's followed Solanke too closely so it was a good crash course on what he could bring to the team.

My only real question is how dependent Bournemouth were on Solanke. Obviously from all their send-offs and goodbye messages, it seems like he was a very important player/human being for them. Clubs don't generally just do that for anyone, instead calling him an icon. That to me says a lot more than almost any video could. I have to admit I was extremely hesitant about the rumors at first, but as usual he's our player and I will support him, Richy, et al.

It has :D
It's a good watch for sure. I'm not someone who's followed Solanke too closely so it was a good crash course on what he could bring to the team.

My only real question is how dependent Bournemouth were on Solanke. Obviously from all their send-offs and goodbye messages, it seems like he was a very important player/human being for them. Clubs don't generally just do that for anyone, instead calling him an icon. That to me says a lot more than almost any video could. I have to admit I was extremely hesitant about the rumors at first, but as usual he's our player and I will support him, Richy, et al.
My nephew has been at Bournemouth uni and has his first in football analytic … something like that
He worked with guys from AFC Bournemouth and he saw the data they use as that’s his thing. Solanke was always so high. Another one was the ex Leeds guy at DM Whose name I can’t remember.
He never ever saw or heard of any of the players going out and doing stupid things and the noises around the manager down there are that he won’t be there for long because of how good he is

Last edited:
I’ll add that my nephew has been talking to spurs about a job as his girlfriend knows a prominent spurs director who has been super helpful. They are talking to him about the ladies team and doing some work there but have recommended he gets a masters as it would give him a years experience at an elite level club

Haha. I have a 1st in Bedford Keyboard Analytics. Check the letter on the keyboard next to the one the typed word starts with, and go from there :)
(No offence meant).
My phone is an iPhone 13
My ipad is old
I have no issues on the iPad but in the phone it’s awful at times
My wife saw me type something earlier and she said why is it changing the words your typing… I’d get it if I had big sausage fingers but I haven’t
I can’t even blame the phone though as that one I’ve only have for a few years :mad:

Back