• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dominic Solanke

You only get resale if the 22 year old is any good, if they aren't I.E Gil you won't make your money back anyway.

Resale value doesn't necessarily mean selling at a profit, can also mean limiting your losses should the player not work out.

I think Solanke would be good for us. But if we're talking 50m+ for him that's a lot of money and I'm not sure he's worth that. But not a lot of strikers around I know of that seem like good value for money.
When it comes to a striker I'd rather 'overpay' for the player considered right for our system than get someone on the cheap unsuitable or just not of the desired quality. Other positions you can get more value for money but strikers are at a real premium these days....

This is the biggest issue in football for me right now. :D

Every time someone talks about a 6 I assume they mean a CB.

CM's are 4's and 8's.

I won't be taking questions, thank you for coming to my TED talk.

People now use numbers in Britain to mislead and baffle the mathematical challenged, substituting numbers for words, I'm off to do a 2.

When it comes to a striker I'd rather 'overpay' for the player considered right for our system than get someone on the cheap unsuitable or just not of the desired quality. Other positions you can get more value for money but strikers are at a real premium these days....
I mostly agree. Though I'm open to "overpaying" in other roles too. Seems that we've gotten some more affordable business done, hopefully with the plan to pay up for the right player in a different role.

But for me I would be quite happy with doing that for other roles than the striker too.

Edit: Just to be clear. If the "right signing" for a striker role is Solanke as seen by Ange and the transfer team, definitely, be willing to "overpay" if we can afford it.

I mean actual. We bought hojbjerg for £15m and are selling for £17m (obligation to buy). Not much admittedly.
Not for what I’ve read
But ok, that’s one then
Any others?
We lose on so many players because we buy them and invariably don’t play them
The recent change has been buying better and we can see the value increase in most of them other than Gil

We do choose to (and manage to) keep hold of our stars. Hence not getting profit. Plenty of clubs wanted to buy the best Poch team but we wouldn’t sell

We do choose to (and manage to) keep hold of our stars. Hence not getting profit. Plenty of clubs wanted to buy the best Poch team but we wouldn’t sell
We do as well as we can (but on the flip side I don't think we wanted to sell Modric, Bale, Walker) and no blame towards Levy it's just the football food chain - especially the Kane situation where he did not bend over for City at all and don't think he got the credit he should have for that.....

He said sold well. None of those went for much at all.
Wasn’t Walker the most expensive right back at the time? Anyway ‘well’ is a relative and subjective term. I thought we did well to get £10m for Winks from a championship side

Back