• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I must be in the minority but I don't want to win like that. When I win I want to walk off knowing won fair and square and because I was better. Naive, maybe but that's me. There's no glory in cheating,
And if that is reported and and he is banned then I think serious questions need to asked at and by the FA. What about Huths two clear fore arm smashes amongst many others across the league. Why aren't any of them being highlighted.

It's only cheating if you get caught.

Regarding your second point, that's pretty obvious isn't it, the anti Spurs bias in the media and the football authorities has been evident for a century.

I must be in the minority but I don't want to win like that. When I win I want to walk off knowing won fair and square and because I was better. Naive, maybe but that's me. There's no glory in cheating,
And if that is reported and and he is banned then I think serious questions need to asked at and by the FA. What about Huths two clear fore arm smashes amongst many others across the league. Why aren't any of them being highlighted.

Very good point.

That kind of inside the box scuffle happens all the time. I don't think he'll get banned for it. If he does it opens up a huge can of worms which is almost unpoliceable.

That kind of inside the box scuffle happens all the time. I don't think he'll get banned for it. If he does it opens up a huge can of worms which is almost unpoliceable.

He will, and it will be a lesson for him (he has to be smarter, not nicer)

The FA are PR fluffy bunnies cuddlings, media has called enough attention to it, and they just gave Vardy a ban, so they will feel they need to look neutral

all "geniuses" have this side to them, from maradona to cantona, its part of what makes them tick in the way they do, from what I've heard Poch has actually calmed the lad down a lot since he started working with him.

FFS. Commentator on the radio now just saying it could be a good thing if Alli is out for the rest of the season because he will be rested for England for the Euros. As if the FA need any encouragement.

Silly to get wound up like that. Then again, we played against the second oldest team in Europe's top leagues, with players who have been perfecting sly pushes, pulls and punches since before Alli was born. He was up against some of the best in the dark arts, and got provoked enough to hit back.

I don't think it was all that, but won't complain if he gets a ban. He'll learn from it, and it should take nothing away from the great season he's had.

That said, and like some have pointed out, there's a huge can of worms to be opened if the FA starts looking into these situations. It would be good if they did, to be honest, but as usual for the FA I'm sure they won't dare to confront the problem on a larger scale. They'll smack Alli on the wrist, give him a ban, and move on like nothing happened.

Just thought of something slightly related - what if, when we face teams like WBA and Stoke (old version), the club spent a bit of money on 10-20 cameramen whose only task is to film everything the opposition players do. Get great footage of all the fouls they commit that are not punished, the time wasting and everything else - then publish our own highlight video of it.

Would probably smell quite strongly of sour grapes, but at least for yesterday I'm sure it would be a very well received and watched one hour summary of the game.

Just thought of something slightly related - what if, when we face teams like WBA and Stoke (old version), the club spent a bit of money on 10-20 cameramen whose only task is to film everything the opposition players do. Get great footage of all the fouls they commit that are not punished, the time wasting and everything else - then publish our own highlight video of it.

Would probably smell quite strongly of sour grapes, but at least for yesterday I'm sure it would be a very well received and watched one hour summary of the game.
Problem with that is retrospective bans only help our opponents who play them next.
If we did that against Chelsea and Costa got a ban it would be against Leicester, if you see what I mean. Could be of no benefit to us, could actually hurt us.

Problem with that is retrospective bans only help our opponents who play them next.
If we did that against Chelsea and Costa got a ban it would be against Leicester, if you see what I mean. Could be of no benefit to us, could actually hurt us.

Yeah I know - although it could be very interesting just to highlight the way these teams play. I was thinking more in terms of trying to put pressure on referees to apply the rules evenly and not let thug teams get away with more fouls simply because "it's the way they play".

Yeah I know - although it could be very interesting just to highlight the way these teams play. I was thinking more in terms of trying to put pressure on referees to apply the rules evenly and not let thug teams get away with more fouls simply because "it's the way they play".
There's no easy answer unfortunately, whatever system they use will be abused.
Refs really need to either be given during the game or shown video evidence AFTER the game with the power to hand out punishment, ie that was/wasn't a red card offence. You can't change goals or penalties though

There's no easy answer unfortunately, whatever system they use will be abused.
Refs really need to either be given during the game or shown video evidence AFTER the game with the power to hand out punishment, ie that was/wasn't a red card offence. You can't change goals or penalties though

I've said it before - it should be much easier to punish players retrospectively, and the punishment should be severe for the most blatant dives, shirt pulls and other non football related incidents. There should be an independent panel to judge all of this, no matter if the ref saw what happened or not. Video replays show 100% that a player dived to win that decisive penalty? Five game ban. Defender pulls down striker unpunished for three consecutive corners, and it's plain to see? One game ban for each incident. Plus an additional game ban for the next time said player faces the opponents who he cheated against.

It won't be easy, it won't be uncontroversial at all, it will be subjective and it will be debated - but it's doable and it will erradicate a lot of the cheating in the game, when players know they can be punished retrospectively.

Back