• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

LADS SALUTE DELE AFTER PFA GONG
Posted on 25 April 2016 - 10:07

Several players have added their voices to the chorus of praise for Dele Alli after he picked up the PFA Young Player of the Year award on Sunday night.

The 20-year-old has made a huge impact in his first season at the top level following his move up from MK Dons last year and prior to tonight’s (Monday, April 25) home match against West Bromwich Albion, he has 10 goals in 32 Premier League appearances to his name.

Having also played his way into the senior England national team reckoning this term, Dele currently has six caps and one international goal – a real stunner against France at Wembley – on his CV.

After his recognition at the PFA Awards on Sunday night, a number of his team-mates have paid tribute to the talented starlet…

CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN (Danish Football Player of the Year, 2013, 2014, 2015)

“I helped him prepare his speech! No, seriously, he’s earned it with all he’s done this season and it’s definitely been a year to remember, first of all club-wise but also for himself. He’s achieved a lot and shown who he really is.

“It’s always nice to be in the team with good players around you – that’s not just Dele but everyone really. If you have good players around you then you play better.

“Of course, we all try to help Dele and Dele tries to help us. He gets a lot of credit and he deserves it.”

ERIK LAMELA

“He’s doing really well. I think he deserves this award and, for me, he’s one of the best young players in the league. It’s really good to score 10 goals in his first season in the Premier League and I’m very happy for him.”

BEN DAVIES

“Dele’s been superb, he’s probably exceeded everybody’s expectations of him and I’m delighted for him – I think he deserves everything that’s coming his way at the moment. He’s playing with freedom and the quality that he’s got is showing out on the field every week.

“He’s a very popular lad as well, he gets on well with everyone. He’s just a nice kid and that’s another good thing about him – it’s not just that he’s a good player, he’s a good person as well. To score 10 goals in his first season is not bad either and hopefully there’s a lot more to come from him.”

HARRY KANE (PFA Young Player of the Year, 2014-15)

“It's great for Dele and he fully deserves it. He’s been great all year and the fact that it’s his first season in the Premier League makes it even more impressive. I was very proud to have won it last year and I'm sure he will feel the same way!”

JAN VERTONGHEN

“It’s an unbelievable story. From the first day he came in he’s fitted in well, he’s always happy to take the ball and he’s a very confident guy on and off the pitch.

“Even when he doesn’t play his best game, you have to leave him on the pitch because he can score goals out of nowhere and that’s a great quality. He’s a great player and a joy to play alongside.”

NABIL BENTALEB

“He’s come up a long way – he was in League One last season and now he’s the PFA Young Player of the Year so I’m really pleased for him and I hope he continues on this path.

“To score the goals that he has done this season is really good for him and I hope he keeps going next season. He’s gelled in really well here, he’s a very nice guy, he’s always smiling and he’s a great character to have around the club.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/general/players-praise-for-dele-alli-250416/

----------------------------------------

It seems like all the players have mutual appreciation of Alli. But it will help him more if they can give him moral support whenever he makes a mistake on the midfield like missing the open goal against Stoke. After missing that sitter, Alli was lying face down on the field for far too long before Rose came and helped him up. Kane was nowhere to be seen !

It seems like all the players have mutual appreciation of Alli. But it will help him more if they can give him moral support whenever he makes a mistake on the midfield like missing the open goal against Stoke. After missing that sitter, Alli was lying face down on the field for far too long before Rose came and helped him up. Kane was nowhere to be seen ![/SIZE]
Dier would have run over to help, but he was too busy laughing. He might even have run over to the bench for a cheeky tweet.

LADS SALUTE DELE AFTER PFA GONG
Posted on 25 April 2016 - 10:07

Several players have added their voices to the chorus of praise for Dele Alli after he picked up the PFA Young Player of the Year award on Sunday night.

The 20-year-old has made a huge impact in his first season at the top level following his move up from MK Dons last year and prior to tonight’s (Monday, April 25) home match against West Bromwich Albion, he has 10 goals in 32 Premier League appearances to his name.

Having also played his way into the senior England national team reckoning this term, Dele currently has six caps and one international goal – a real stunner against France at Wembley – on his CV.

After his recognition at the PFA Awards on Sunday night, a number of his team-mates have paid tribute to the talented starlet…

CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN (Danish Football Player of the Year, 2013, 2014, 2015)

“I helped him prepare his speech! No, seriously, he’s earned it with all he’s done this season and it’s definitely been a year to remember, first of all club-wise but also for himself. He’s achieved a lot and shown who he really is.

“It’s always nice to be in the team with good players around you – that’s not just Dele but everyone really. If you have good players around you then you play better.

“Of course, we all try to help Dele and Dele tries to help us. He gets a lot of credit and he deserves it.”

ERIK LAMELA

“He’s doing really well. I think he deserves this award and, for me, he’s one of the best young players in the league. It’s really good to score 10 goals in his first season in the Premier League and I’m very happy for him.”

BEN DAVIES

“Dele’s been superb, he’s probably exceeded everybody’s expectations of him and I’m delighted for him – I think he deserves everything that’s coming his way at the moment. He’s playing with freedom and the quality that he’s got is showing out on the field every week.

“He’s a very popular lad as well, he gets on well with everyone. He’s just a nice kid and that’s another good thing about him – it’s not just that he’s a good player, he’s a good person as well. To score 10 goals in his first season is not bad either and hopefully there’s a lot more to come from him.”

HARRY KANE (PFA Young Player of the Year, 2014-15)

“It's great for Dele and he fully deserves it. He’s been great all year and the fact that it’s his first season in the Premier League makes it even more impressive. I was very proud to have won it last year and I'm sure he will feel the same way!”

JAN VERTONGHEN

“It’s an unbelievable story. From the first day he came in he’s fitted in well, he’s always happy to take the ball and he’s a very confident guy on and off the pitch.

“Even when he doesn’t play his best game, you have to leave him on the pitch because he can score goals out of nowhere and that’s a great quality. He’s a great player and a joy to play alongside.”

NABIL BENTALEB

“He’s come up a long way – he was in League One last season and now he’s the PFA Young Player of the Year so I’m really pleased for him and I hope he continues on this path.

“To score the goals that he has done this season is really good for him and I hope he keeps going next season. He’s gelled in really well here, he’s a very nice guy, he’s always smiling and he’s a great character to have around the club.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/general/players-praise-for-dele-alli-250416/

----------------------------------------

It seems like all the players have mutual appreciation of Alli. But it will help him more if they can give him moral support whenever he makes a mistake on the midfield like missing the open goal against Stoke. After missing that sitter, Alli was lying face down on the field for far too long before Rose came and helped him up. Kane was nowhere to be seen !

Mate I know your not from the UK so you may not be aware of lads culture but I know from my time playing and my mates I would have got hammered

They would have probably tore me apart in the changing rooms, posted something on social media and made me do a fine of a dodgy drink.

Their the kind of things that build up team spirit and are part of they reason english sides did so well in the 80s. They had a real team spirit with great banter

Last edited:
It was just retaliation after Yacob had been kicking and niggling at him for a while. An eye for an eye.

I said after the first foul from Yacob in the 3rd minute or something that he'd get an elbow from Alli later.

That's him gone, unless the ref spotted it but didn't blow (and mentions it in his match report).

Can't say I blame him, I wanted to sock Pulis in the eye at times myself. But he fell for Pulis' tactics, and that's a weakness he needs to control. Playing with fire is fine, and in the ol' Keano era, I'd have applauded it; but now the FA are actually retrospectively banning people, it's a more delicate world.

I must say, I like that, snide, day after picking up an award he's straight back at it, no messing around, have that you clam, reminds me of Roy Keane.

We've sorely missed that kind of player in the MF, with him and Lamela in there things are looking up.

I must be in the minority but I don't want to win like that. When I win I want to walk off knowing won fair and square and because I was better. Naive, maybe but that's me. There's no glory in cheating,
And if that is reported and and he is banned then I think serious questions need to asked at and by the FA. What about Huths two clear fore arm smashes amongst many others across the league. Why aren't any of them being highlighted.

Back