• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

That is feckin hilarious!!! Love this team!

The team spirit truly is superb. Love that this team know how to bond without getting rat faced (i.e. every team from the past decade) and without mocking us from the reserves when we lose (i.e. Ade & BAE).

I've even noticed a lot of rival fans mention the team spirit at Spurs. Usually the chemistry and friendship of a squad is a complete mystery, other than when it makes the papers for the complete wrong reasons. The fact our squad manages to make the news on a daily basis for getting on well and enjoying themselves is no easy feat in a world full of tabloids...

Have to say that Poch has done one hell of a job of installing a sense of comradeship amongst the ranks. Complete polar opposite to what we had before. The club, Poch, the squad, the fans, the stadium... Will all grow organically as one. Remarkable.

I will be surprised if Alli doesn't get the award, to be honest. He's clearly deserved it, and with the praise and media hype surrounding him at times, he's got to get it.
Kane still qualifies and IMO has been the best under 23 by quite a wide margin. However I think many will vote for Kane for the overall award and when that happens typically they give another name for the young player. I agree with you that it is likely that Alli will win it, but I think Kane is the most deserving player. 22 league goals for a 22 year old, the season after breaking through and getting 21 goals is an incredible achievement.

Kane still qualifies and IMO has been the best under 23 by quite a wide margin. However I think many will vote for Kane for the overall award and when that happens typically they give another name for the young player. I agree with you that it is likely that Alli will win it, but I think Kane is the most deserving player. 22 league goals for a 22 year old, the season after breaking through and getting 21 goals is an incredible achievement.

Agreed. Kane should win it hands down. However with him being in contention for player of the year it's highly unlikely he'll win young player.

I was going to post that I'd love to know just how many players have won both player and young player of the year in the same season. But then I realised my social life is extinct and I have nothing better to do on my day of work then look it up for myself.

With a quick wiki scan, and granted I may have roostered up because it was a very quick scan, only twice has a PFA player of the year also won the young player award.

The first was Andy Gray in 76-77 in the 4th year of both of the awards inception.

The second, and last, was in 06-07 when Cristiano Ronaldo picked up both whilst at United.

Behind Kane Ali should defiantly win it.. And yes he has had a lot of hype. But something tells me that one of the other sky 5 will pick up an award merely to appease their fans. Probably Coutinho.

The team spirit truly is superb. Love that this team know how to bond without getting rat faced (i.e. every team from the past decade) and without mocking us from the reserves when we lose (i.e. Ade & BAE).

I've even noticed a lot of rival fans mention the team spirit at Spurs. Usually the chemistry and friendship of a squad is a complete mystery, other than when it makes the papers for the complete wrong reasons. The fact our squad manages to make the news on a daily basis for getting on well and enjoying themselves is no easy feat in a world full of tabloids...

Have to say that Poch has done one hell of a job of installing a sense of comradeship amongst the ranks. Complete polar opposite to what we had before. The club, Poch, the squad, the fans, the stadium... Will all grow organically as one. Remarkable.
It really is. Perhaps it comes down to vetting potential buys for character, perhaps it's the environment Poch fosters, and perhaps it's just a critical mass -- if 80% of people are decent sorts, anyone coming into that environment isn't going to fit in if he's a clown shoe. Perhaps some of it comes from Ajax, where I'm sure Billy Big gonads behaviour is discouraged.

The Belgian (/Dutch) bunch seem to have a lovely open clique -- sure they're mates, but seem to chill with the likes of Eriksen and Wimmer. Son getting Korean food in was a lovely gesture, no matter whether it was a behind-the-scenes PR stunt. And I still love the idea of Bentaleb and Lamela engaged in a season-long two-touch competition.

There's a real feel-good feeling about Spurs at the moment. They're a likeable bunch of players and that comes out on the pitch.

It really is. Perhaps it comes down to vetting potential buys for character, perhaps it's the environment Poch fosters, and perhaps it's just a critical mass -- if 80% of people are decent sorts, anyone coming into that environment isn't going to fit in if he's a clown shoe. Perhaps some of it comes from Ajax, where I'm sure Billy Big cobblers behaviour is discouraged.

The Belgian (/Dutch) bunch seem to have a lovely open clique -- sure they're mates, but seem to chill with the likes of Eriksen and Wimmer. Son getting Korean food in was a lovely gesture, no matter whether it was a behind-the-scenes PR stunt. And I still love the idea of Bentaleb and Lamela engaged in a season-long two-touch competition.

There's a real feel-good feeling about Spurs at the moment. They're a likeable bunch of players and that comes out on the pitch.

Indeed; but the added fact is that they are likeable but not shirkers or shrinking violets; If you try to bring a war we will take you on now!

Agreed. Kane should win it hands down. However with him being in contention for player of the year it's highly unlikely he'll win young player.

I was going to post that I'd love to know just how many players have won both player and young player of the year in the same season. But then I realised my social life is extinct and I have nothing better to do on my day of work then look it up for myself.

With a quick wiki scan, and granted I may have roostered up because it was a very quick scan, only twice has a PFA player of the year also won the young player award.

The first was Andy Gray in 76-77 in the 4th year of both of the awards inception.

The second, and last, was in 06-07 when Cristiano Ronaldo picked up both whilst at United.

Behind Kane Ali should defiantly win it.. And yes he has had a lot of hype. But something tells me that one of the other sky 5 will pick up an award merely to appease their fans. Probably Coutinho.

gareth-bale-pfa-player-of-the-year-tottenham_2937103.jpg

Speaking to Copa90 as part of a ‘Fifa & Chill’ episode which will be made available next Tuesday, Alli was asked to choose between playing for Arsenal and retiring.

“I’m hanging my boots up.”

Tottenham leak PFA Young Player of the Year award winner after confirming Dele Alli's success
The news features in Monday night's matchday programme for Tottenham's match with West Brom

Tottenham Hotspur have accidentally leaked the result of Sunday night’s PFA Young Player of the Year award after they posted an extract of tomorrow’s matchday programme online, revealing that midfielder Dele Alli has won the coveted prize.

The PFA will not be pleased with the leak – which comes just hours before the award ceremony at Grosvenor House in London – as it comes in the same week as the PFA Team of the Year was leaked. The line-up was published in full on Thursday after a picture of the team was leaked out to the media, and Spurs have now confirmed that Alli will win the second most important award at the ceremony tonight.

The extract, which appears in Tottenham’s programme for their home match with West Bromwich Albion on Monday night, reads: “Dele Alli’s impressive season hit new heights yesterday evening when he was voted PFA Young Player of the Year at the 43rd PFA Awards held in the Grosvenor House in London.

“The 20-year-old has enjoyed a fantastic 2015-16 so far in what has been his first season in the Premier League having joined up with the squad last summer from MK Dons. He’s taken to the top flight with consummate ease, producing a string of excellent performances while chipping in with his fair share of goals and assists, so it was no surprise to see him nominated for the award.

“And his fellow professionals clearly felt the same as they voted for him ahead of his Spurs team-mate and last year’s winner Harry Kane.”
Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez has been tipped to win the main award, with bookmakers’ making him the favourite to follow Chelsea’s Eden Hazard as the PFA Player of the Year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-confirming-dele-allis-success-a6999031.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done to Alli for winning the PFA Young Player Of the Year award. Hope it will spur him to even more success with us !

Back