• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Gascoigne, Scholes? Both had an in-your-face aggressive side to them that was the right side of the line 98% of the time.

What are you like? Are you talking about the same Gascoigne that lost the plot in the 1991 cup final and in the process harmed the rest of his footballing career because he was never the same player after that?

Scholes was just a dirty thug and I was always irritated when he would continually take out players and commentators would laugh and put it down to him not being able to tackle. maybe you are not enough to remember that Scholes thuggery cost him a place in the Champions League cup Final in 1999.

Alli has to learn, and he has to learn fast. Fortunately for us his loss is not as bad as it would have been had we won yesterday and we sill had a realistic chance of winning the title

No Suprises but do they now go and pick up other similar instances

I can think of Robert Huths forearm smash on Reid before Leiceter scored vs wet spam... Equally as bad and more obvious IMO but naturally ignored for some reason
How dare you? Huth plays for Leicester, The People's Princess, the White Knight in Shining Armour come to save the planet. Huth was merely showing Reid how much he loves him and all of mankind by anointing his forehead. Shame again.;)

What are you like? Are you talking about the same Gascoigne that lost the plot in the 1991 cup final and in the process harmed the rest of his footballing career because he was never the same player after that?

Scholes was just a dirty thug and I was always irritated when he would continually take out players and commentators would laugh and put it down to him not being able to tackle. maybe you are not enough to remember that Scholes thuggery cost him a place in the Champions League cup Final in 1999.

Alli has to learn, and he has to learn fast. Fortunately for us his loss is not as bad as it would have been had we won yesterday and we sill had a realistic chance of winning the title

Been saying that for years, and if he didn't play for SAF's Manure, he would have been punished regularly for it.

This is where the game misses SAF or Jose, the rule is raise your hands and you're off. If any of they two were in a job then they would highlight how ridiculous this decision is. There would be no one left on the pitch at some games after set pieces.
F A are getting away with one here.

Oh and when is the England manager going to come out and defend Ali?
I was saying something similar to a mate earlier. How Ferguson or Mourinho would make sure the press and officials paid close attention to Huth and Morgan' rugby tackles plus Vardy' pratfalls, which would probably have made things a tad more difficult for Leicester this season.

I don't really see how anyone can argue with Alli getting charged for this. He threw a punch, whether he was provoked is another matter and other teams' players not getting punished for different offences is irrelevant.

The paranoia of some people on here is getting pretty embarrassing and we would be ripping the tinkle if fans of another club were carrying on like this.

The term 'violent conduct' seems over the top for what he did. I meant it wasn't really a full on punch was it? More a reactionary swinging arm/fist (I am equating it to real life where that would not be particularly violent so I know I am not taking a football view). But the intent and reaction were there so I can't condone it and this is presumably the only applicable charge on the list. I have no idea whether the provocation he endured can be considered mitigating circumstances but he should not have done it and he will have to take his ban. Apart from the valid points raised by @glasgowspur above, if Alli gets a 3 match ban for this does it mean his action is 3 times worse than calling the referee an f@cking c@nt? I think the FA bottled it with Vardy - he should have had a 2 game ban based on precedents set with Costa and Rooney. I think they will give Alli the ful 3 match ban. He will have to learn from this that he cannot react but the FA need to look at how they decide which incidents not referee-reported merit charges and which don't.
GHod that's a lot of burble. But I know what I mean.

Gascoigne, Scholes? Both had an in-your-face aggressive side to them that was the right side of the line 98% of the time.

I don't see why it matters how good you are, if you make reckless decisions and have digs at people even when unprovoked (see Fiorentina away) and you get punished for it, I don't see how people can defend that. What if we had been only a point behind Leicester and Alli or another Spurs player threw a punch like that? Would you still defend them?

It's just making excuses for players. If players like Aguero and Kane can still be top players without being overly aggressive then why can't Alli or Rooney manage it? I mean that more as a dig towards Rooney as Alli is only 20 whereas I don't think Rooney will ever change.

There's no possible conspiracy - I'm sure the FA would prefer that none of the England 2016 squad not be involved in any misconduct - it's really their only agenda. The press made a lot of the Vardy incident (rightly so in my opinion as a amateur referee) but not much was made of the Alli incident - I do really feel that there could have been a lot more made of it.

It was fairly innocuous and hardly a 'punch' and to be fair neither Yacob or Pullis thought anything of it but sadly Alli has not learnt from previous incidents and I'd be a little disappointed if Poch hasn't had words with him. It's perhaps fortunate that the inevitable 3 game ban won't affect us as much as it might have had we won last night.

If Alli does this for England and it ends up costing us the press will be all over him ala Beckham and I'd be nervous as to whether he could handle to scrutiny as well.

I don't see why it matters how good you are, if you make reckless decisions and have digs at people even when unprovoked (see Fiorentina away) and you get punished for it, I don't see how people can defend that. What if we had been only a point behind Leicester and Alli or another Spurs player threw a punch like that? Would you still defend them?

It's just making excuses for players. If players like Aguero and Kane can still be top players without being overly aggressive then why can't Alli or Rooney manage it? I mean that more as a dig towards Rooney as Alli is only 20 whereas I don't think Rooney will ever change.

I don't think that I would like Alli to cut out the aggression from his game. It will be great if he can learn to hold his temper and use controlled aggression and his talent to get the better of opponents but given the choice of how he is now and a less aggressive, less effective player, I would take him with his flaws.

I don't think that I would like Alli to cut out the aggression from his game. It will be great if he can learn to hold his temper and use controlled aggression and his talent to get the better of opponents but given the choice of how he is now and a less aggressive, less effective player, I would take him with his flaws.

Completely agree, but there must be a way to curb his tendency to make stupid decisions like against Fiorentina which he was lucky to get away. I don't agree that we should just accept it if he does what he did yesterday a couple of times a season and gets banned from games because of it.

There's no harm in being aggressive, but people already try to wind him up and it will only get worse the better he gets and the better we as a team get.

I don't really see how anyone can argue with Alli getting charged for this. He threw a punch, whether he was provoked is another matter and other teams' players not getting punished for different offences is irrelevant.

The paranoia of some people on here is getting pretty embarrassing and we would be ripping the tinkle if fans of another club were carrying on like this.

My biggest issue is the lack of consistency Milo. The only reason the incident was seen is because a special camera was place on Alli after US feed saw Yacob baiting him (mention as specifically made). The feed would not have been there were it not for the provocation in the first place. Media-created trial. Nothing to do with conspiracy, a solid fact. If we are to start retroactively punishing players for things seen on special feeds, then I wonder how long before a club has two specific cameramen targeting 'potential' opposition troublemakers' in the hope of 'finding something'... I have friends who were close to the pitch last night and said that in the box, Olsen rabbit punched Kane several times. I wonder if we can find a 'feed' for a player-cam of that?

The incident was 'broken' by MSNBC's camera. No-one else. Yacob said nothing because he had, supposedly, done similar earlier, something I suspect will come out.

Look, Alli does need to control himself, but let's not kid ourselves, the lad has been targeted. At what point do we discuss that? And the egregious acts of others?

Completely agree, but there must be a way to curb his tendency to make stupid decisions like against Fiorentina which he was lucky to get away. I don't agree that we should just accept it if he does what he did yesterday a couple of times a season and gets banned from games because of it.

There's no harm in being aggressive, but people already try to wind him up and it will only get worse the better he gets and the better we as a team get.

agree 100%, that was really stupid and he was a lucky boy. Yesterday? Personally, I think Mike Jones developing a pair of testicles and giving Jacob a yellow card for one of the four or five egregious fouls committed prior might have curbed things, as Alli would've felt protected. It's on the ref in those situations, you have to protect players, sorry.

mate...so many reasons...different people for a start...yes, he has to work on it, but I think he has actually done incredibly well considering he is barely 20 and a target for thugs.

Yes, its called playing time and getting older and wiser. He's 20 and in his first season in the Premier League, he's shown promise and skills over half the EPL players can only dream of so he's targeted by the thugs who know no better, give him another season and you'll see a man grow from the "boy" we currently have.

My biggest issue is the lack of consistency Milo. The only reason the incident was seen is because a special camera was place on Alli after US feed saw Yacob baiting him (mention as specifically made). The feed would not have been there were it not for the provocation in the first place. Media-created trial. Nothing to do with conspiracy, a solid fact. If we are to start retroactively punishing players for things seen on special feeds, then I wonder how long before a club has two specific cameramen targeting 'potential' opposition troublemakers' in the hope of 'finding something'... I have friends who were close to the pitch last night and said that in the box, Olsen rabbit punched Kane several times. I wonder if we can find a 'feed' for a player-cam of that?

The incident was 'broken' by MSNBC's camera. No-one else. Yacob said nothing because he had, supposedly, done similar earlier, something I suspect will come out.

Look, Alli does need to control himself, but let's not kid ourselves, the lad has been targeted. At what point do we discuss that? And the egregious acts of others?

I completely agree that Alli was targeted last night. It ain't fair, it ain't clean but it is going to happen because he is a threat to team. It's unfortunate that the camera picked it up but you've got to kind of expect that now.

Having just seen it in real time it's hardly anything

In all now it looks like a rabbit punch but in reality it was him having a dig back after being pushed a couple of times

Last edited:
Having just seen it in real time it's hardly anything

In all no it looks like a rabbit punch but in reality it was him having a dig back after being pushed a couple of times

agree with you, it's not exactly a jaw breaking right cross, but it will still be classed as a punch. He needs to cut it out, or literally put one on Jacob that will do him proper, Winkles style!

I completely agree that Alli was targeted last night. It ain't fair, it ain't clean but it is going to happen because he is a threat to team. It's unfortunate that the camera picked it up but you've got to kind of expect that now.

Spot on. Just like when people kick Messi, teams and managers will use every advantage they can, legal or illegal to stop flair players. I really don't mind him reacting every know and then as long as he doesn't go too far, but try to follow Kane's example and just get on with the game.

mate...so many reasons...different people for a start...yes, he has to work on it, but I think he has actually done incredibly well considering he is barely 20 and a target for thugs.

I get that. I don't want him to lose that aggression. But there is a clear difference between aggression and outright stupidity.

Like I said, I am going to back him to improve in this regard as he gets older and more savvy.

Back