• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

This is why I seldom want youngsters becoming regulars for us. Their lack of inexperience and maturity to handle when being provoked will cost us games. Just imagine if Alli was shown the red card against Fiorentina, we could have lost the game. Hope Pochettino and the experienced players will teach Alli a thing or two.

And yet Zidane did what he did in a World Cup final. 29 year old Danny Simpson got himself sent off fairly stupidly against Arsenal. Flamini's escape of a red card has been down to luck, not experience or age.

Our players are young, but they're showing a great mentality. Players of all ages step over the lines from time to time, but I have to say the frequency our players do so doesn't make them look short on experience or maturity.

Edit: As seen in the Lamela thread we have 3 players in the top 12 players with the most fouls in the PL this season. Yet we're one of only 3 teams yet to actually pick up a red card in the league this season. Does this show a lack of experience and maturity?

I'm sure if one of our young players (we mainly have young players) do get a red card between now and the end of the season many will try to present the "inexperience costs Spurs" narrative. But how does that narrative fit with us having 0 red cards after 26 league games this season with our aggressive pressing style? It doesn't fit at all actually...

Alli and Dier are both only 2 yellow cards away from picking up a 2 match suspension and with big games coming up in the next couple of months, we cannot afford to lose either or both.

Alli and Dier are both only 2 yellow cards away from picking up a 2 match suspension and with big games coming up in the next couple of months, we cannot afford to lose either or both.

Yellow card amnesty/cut-off seems to the be the second Sunday in April. Quite a few games between now and then. Looks likely that both will get a suspension sooner or later.

Tactical yellows in the Arsenal and West Ham games for Dier and Alli to sit out the Aston Villa game?

absolutely nothing wrong with that, clearly got the ball, cabaye took a dive in the hope of getting him booked

I have no issue with the first incident either, how the ref could have been sure in realtime that it was naughty rather than just checked momentum I have no idea

steel fist in a velvet glove

About 10 yellows/suspensions of course it's a two match ban when one gets to ten. So any tactical yellow situation would have to take that into account.

Perhaps Alli can try to walk the line and not get another two bookings until the amnesty. Going to be difficult for Dier in the DM position not to have to make some cynical fouls in our upcoming games though.

This is why I seldom want youngsters becoming regulars for us. Their lack of inexperience and maturity to handle when being provoked will cost us games. Just imagine if Alli was shown the red card against Fiorentina, we could have lost the game. Hope Pochettino and the experienced players will teach Alli a thing or two.
You want players to get rid of inexperience by not playing them?!

So you'd rather we'd never kept the likes of Ditchburn, Bailey, Nicholson, Perryman, Hoddle, Pratt, Hazard, Falco, King, Kane, Rose, Mason, Carroll? As for the one bad apple that we did get rid of, look how Souness turned out.

No player born in 1996 or afterwards has made more domestic league appearances than Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli, according to the CIES Football Observatory.

Alli, 19, was born on April 11, 1996, and has gone on to play in 98 league matches for MK Dons and Spurs since making his debut in 2012.

The midfielder is currently enjoying a stellar season so far, having broken into the Tottenham first team as they chase down the Premier League title, while he also made his international debut for England.

Alli's tally of 98 league appearances -- his last coming in Sunday's 2-1 Premier League win over Swansea -- puts him ahead of Sporting Gijon's Alen Halilovic and Villarreal's Matias Nahuel, who have played in 97 and 85 league games respectively.

Yellow card amnesty/cut-off seems to the be the second Sunday in April. Quite a few games between now and then. Looks likely that both will get a suspension sooner or later.

Tactical yellows in the Arsenal and West Ham games for Dier and Alli to sit out the Aston Villa game?

I just don't think we can get into playing those margins mate. One game at a time, do whatever it takes to win each game and rely on the squad. We have enough. Frankly, I'd like to see Alli get a rest to that foot; I feel he will be playing on injections at some point this season, young lad, lots of football, still growing, forming etc...I believe in both Mason and Nabil to come in and do great work when called upon.

Tactical yellows would be great and give them both a rest. And they'll still feature against Dortmund.

Ccc9QzwWEAATdvO.jpg

Did anyone think he pulled out of a few possibly risky tackles there against the swans? I got the impression that he stopped himself from lunging in a few times.

Did anyone think he pulled out of a few possibly risky tackles there against the swans? I got the impression that he stopped himself from lunging in a few times.
Yeah it looked that way to me. Then i learn that he kinda injured himself during warm up.

If Alli or Dier picks up two yellows in the Wet Ham match, will the suspension be for two or three matches?

Oh yeah. Forgot that but I still think Poch had a word to cool it.

Watch the first 30secs of the second-half against fiorentina, thats when it happened. Basically got trod on the top of his foot. This can be painful and the bruising can hang around for a while. Thankfully at least nothing is broken otherwise he wouldn't be playing at all.

I think he'll sit out tomorrow. Play against Arsenal and then he misses the Dortmund game anyway. Dier/Mason tomorrow, if Dier gets booked then we have Alli and hopefully Dembele refreshed for saturday.

Back