• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I think getting rid of all the deadwood by paying them off would leave us with a short squad and no money, that would be a silly game imo.
No need to pay them all off, but it might be wise to selectively take a less than appealing financial package if it gets that player off the books at the same time as bringing in a smallish fee.

The alternative is we keep them on our books and continue paying them and they leave for free eventually anyway. Sometimes you need to know when to cut your losses.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

No need to pay them all off, but it might be wise to selectively take a less than appealing financial package if it gets that player off the books at the same time as bringing in a smallish fee.

The alternative is we keep them on our books and continue paying them and they leave for free eventually anyway. Sometimes you need to know when to cut your losses.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Absolutely, which is clearly what we do, as we’ve done that with Doherty and Aurier.

Paying off everyone this board has labelled as deadwood would be a long list. Anyone under contract, looking to move to a lower paying team would rightfully expect some of the shortfall to be covered as an incentive to go.

Anyone looking to leave before lining up another club would expect most of what they are owed.

This would quickly add up.

We also need to have cover in the squad in time. Easy to bin off Lloris and Forster but someone has to go in goal against Brentford, and Kane ain’t getting the record from that far back.

Absolutely, which is clearly what we do, as we’ve done that with Doherty and Aurier.

Paying off everyone this board has labelled as deadwood would be a long list. Anyone under contract, looking to move to a lower paying team would rightfully expect some of the shortfall to be covered as an incentive to go.

Anyone looking to leave before lining up another club would expect most of what they are owed.

This would quickly add up.

We also need to have cover in the squad in time. Easy to bin off Lloris and Forster but someone has to go in goal against Brentford, and Kane ain’t getting the record from that far back.

Thankfully (Kane aside) we have a number of players where the agents now need to work on behalf of their players and they can help touting them round Europe for us.

A fair fee it makes absolutely no career sense to stay any longer and despite popular belief not too many players in football stay still just to continue to collect wages, they want to play.

The manager change helps there, plenty with a genuine chance of being frozen out generally if they don't go.

In fairness as poor as some have been they should go and play more, Sanchez would do OK somewhere within his level playing week in week out, Japhet needs that desperately as he is 24 and not really had any career yet.

Thankfully (Kane aside) we have a number of players where the agents now need to work on behalf of their players and they can help touting them round Europe for us.

A fair fee it makes absolutely no career sense to stay any longer and despite popular belief not too many players in football stay still just to continue to collect wages, they want to play.

The manager change helps there, plenty with a genuine chance of being frozen out generally if they don't go.

In fairness as poor as some have been they should go and play more, Sanchez would do OK somewhere within his level playing week in week out, Japhet needs that desperately as he is 24 and not really had any career yet.

I think some will, but moving out of the PL could mean anything up to a 75% wage reduction in some cases, that’s a lot to swallow for anyone.

I think some will, but moving out of the PL could mean anything up to a 75% wage reduction in some cases, that’s a lot to swallow for anyone.
Oh of course won't be as easy as written on here.

Like I said on here or another post, I'm hopeful we will find someone in the PL with cash on hip who might take a punt.

Only takes an over eager and misguided Nottingham Forrest type to splash out and we could be in business. I jest but I remember a season we literally flogged all our deadwood to Sunderland, I live in hope

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I think getting rid of all the deadwood by paying them off would leave us with a short squad and no money, that would be a silly game imo.

I didnt say pay them off. I said take less money for them, we paid roughly 40m for him, sell him for 20-30m same as any other player we need to shift

I didnt say pay them off. I said take less money for them, we paid roughly 40m for him, sell him for 20-30m same as any other player we need to shift

Im sure we would, he’s been here that long that that would count as profit.

Can’t sell a player nobody has bid for.

Im sure we would, he’s been here that long that that would count as profit.

Can’t sell a player nobody has bid for.
I think there has been enquires for him before but he's not been interested in moving.

As you said previously, Prem wages are a problem. The 50-80k a run of the mill player can easily be on is top (or more) wages in other leagues. So you want to be selling to another premier league club, and the problem with that is those clubs very much have closeup, first hand knowledge of the level of said player.

I think there has been enquires for him before but he's not been interested in moving.

As you said previously, Prem wages are a problem. The 50-80k a run of the mill player can easily be on is top (or more) wages in other leagues. So you want to be selling to another premier league club, and the problem with that is those clubs very much have closeup, first hand knowledge of the level of said player.

I think Ajax found 80k to give Stevie so maybe they might find some to take Sanchez back hahah,

If he plays in a 2 with the other CB being more of a leader then I don't think he's a bad player. When he has a run of games alongside that type of player and some confidence he's performed OK. Does have the odd mistake in him and I think he could attack the ball a bit better but he's not as bad as people make out. Maybe in a less pressurised environment he might perform better.

You'd expect someone would pay 10-15m for him, still only 27 as well.

If he plays in a 2 with the other CB being more of a leader then I don't think he's a bad player. When he has a run of games alongside that type of player and some confidence he's performed OK. Does have the odd mistake in him and I think he could attack the ball a bit better but he's not as bad as people make out. Maybe in a less pressurised environment he might perform better.

him in a two would be scary and not in a good way.

I think we have seen enough of Dav to realise he's not going to be a strong (even a solid) link in a team that will achieve. Pretty much in the same way Rob Holding won't get you over the line in a title run-in (or a top four run in for that matter)

I think we have seen enough of Dav to realise he's not going to be a strong (even a solid) link in a team that will achieve. Pretty much in the same way Rob Holding won't get you over the line in a title run-in (or a top four run in for that matter)

Yeh and also as much as we can make arguments for some based on their best there are also many players at Spurs carrying Spurs sized scars now and we need a real freshen up. I think new personnel and a freshen up on that basis is much more important than sentiment or anything else at this stage. IMO we need to make a clean break from some and in fairness to them I think there are many that need it for themselves too. Dier and Sanchez for me are two standouts in that department

Fully agree, he might not be good enough for where we want to be but he's now a terrible player. The way people go on it's as if he should be playing in the championship.

Back