• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Disagree about the booing - it was imo definitely about Sanchez.

Sorry to go and search out a post of yours (which I have truncated) but I remembered you saying this (because I agreed with it) :

That’s a good example of possible unconscious bias. A lot of the people doing the name calling would likely never describe themselves as anti-Semitic, and they most probably aren’t. But nonetheless in some sub or un conscious way they may be exhibiting a bias towards a stereotype of a Jewish person. Jewish people are tight. Levy is Jewish. Ergo Levy is tight. Obviously that won’t be everyone by any means. But it is good to take a step back sometimes and question why we react in a certain way to certain people but not others.
Unconscious bias is a personal thing so it’s impossible to ascribe it en masse, but it’s reasonable to question if it applies.
A lot of fans don’t realise their words mean what they do
It’s mob mentality

Last edited:
Edit - And you're "all for" incidents like Cantona on the fan? Booing is tantamount to abuse but a trained athlete assaulting a spectator is to be encouraged? Righty'o then.

Is that that what you got from what I said? It would explain a few things in terms of interpretation vs context TBH.

Oliver Skipp understands the frustration. Of course he does, he’s a Tottenham fan. He comes from a long line of Tottenham fans.

He’s seen the struggles and the squandered hopes. He receives the same disgruntled WhatsApp messages from his mates that he always has. Only now he’s on the pitch and not in the stands.

He understands the booing, too. Supporters have a right to express their opinion, and if that means booing the team then so be it. What he doesn’t get is when the frustration turns on individuals.

Davinson Sanchez was booed every time he touched the ball against Bournemouthafter his error handed the Cherries their second goal. He had been booed when he came on in the first half and cheered when Cristian Stellini eventually took him off. Sanchez sat distraught on the bench.

‘The fans are completely entitled to their opinions,’ says Skipp. ‘Booing an individual before they come on the pitch is hard to see but, totally, the fans have got a right to express their opinion, especially booing the whole team, 100 per cent.

‘It’s hard to see when it is a team-mate and fellow professional. It was disappointing but Davinson is a great guy and he will be making sure he’s worked hard this week to focus on what he can do. All the lads have got around him and supported him. But he knows how it works. I’m sure he’ll come out of it in a positive mood.

‘In the changing room he’s always one to help the others and we appreciate the help he’s given. He has always been positive and is a great guy, so I’m sure he’ll be all right.’

Hope Skipp is right and Sanchez is feeling in a positive frame of mind. Would be nice if the fans sung his name when he was warming up or something today, a little thing like that would mean a lot to him I'm sure.....

Oliver Skipp understands the frustration. Of course he does, he’s a Tottenham fan. He comes from a long line of Tottenham fans.

He’s seen the struggles and the squandered hopes. He receives the same disgruntled WhatsApp messages from his mates that he always has. Only now he’s on the pitch and not in the stands.

He understands the booing, too. Supporters have a right to express their opinion, and if that means booing the team then so be it. What he doesn’t get is when the frustration turns on individuals.

Davinson Sanchez was booed every time he touched the ball against Bournemouthafter his error handed the Cherries their second goal. He had been booed when he came on in the first half and cheered when Cristian Stellini eventually took him off. Sanchez sat distraught on the bench.

‘The fans are completely entitled to their opinions,’ says Skipp. ‘Booing an individual before they come on the pitch is hard to see but, totally, the fans have got a right to express their opinion, especially booing the whole team, 100 per cent.

‘It’s hard to see when it is a team-mate and fellow professional. It was disappointing but Davinson is a great guy and he will be making sure he’s worked hard this week to focus on what he can do. All the lads have got around him and supported him. But he knows how it works. I’m sure he’ll come out of it in a positive mood.

‘In the changing room he’s always one to help the others and we appreciate the help he’s given. He has always been positive and is a great guy, so I’m sure he’ll be all right.’

Hope Skipp is right and Sanchez is feeling in a positive frame of mind. Would be nice if the fans sung his name when he was warming up or something today, a little thing like that would mean a lot to him I'm sure.....
I can’t see how he can be in a positive mind
He hasn’t appeared to be able to deal with the pressure of playing with us for a while now
Under conte when he played a more attacking right cb role there were signs of positive things
He is now another on the list of players brought who need to leave for their own sakes

Is that that what you got from what I said? It would explain a few things in terms of interpretation vs context TBH.

thfcsteff posted - "It is why when Cantona, Dier, etc, confront tossers who stand there hurling abuse, even though it is wrong, I am all for it. There has to be accountability"

You have literally word for word said you're all for Cantona doing what he did. Go on, tell me I misunderstood your post if it makes you feel better.

Cry rivers about fans booing a player but encourage players using violence as a method of education via the premise of accountability, alllllllllrighty then. Your stance is an odd one. Booing people who are bad at football isn't illegal, it's not a protected characteristic.

And of course you've ignored the rest of what I posted. It's probably the fans fault we got demolished today as well. It'll be hard to talk about anything other than how dogbrick we are on the podcast without having an easy out of complaining about the support or mean old Conte. The travel and tickets of the away fans should be paid for by the players/ coaching staff / club but that would set a nasty precedent for the rest of the season financially.....

Edit - It didn't let me respond to the vague PM you sent saying the conversation was done 12 hours before this last word you wanted to get in on the Sanchez thread.... It's easier to claim someone doesn't understand then actually have to rethink your position on something.

Last edited:
thfcsteff posted - "It is why when Cantona, Dier, etc, confront tossers who stand there hurling abuse, even though it is wrong, I am all for it. There has to be accountability"

You have literally word for word said you're all for Cantona doing what he did. Go on, tell me I misunderstood your post if it makes you feel better.

Cry rivers about fans booing a player but encourage players using violence as a method of education via the premise of accountability, alllllllllrighty then. Your stance is an odd one. Booing people who are bad at football isn't illegal, it's not a protected characteristic.

And of course you've ignored the rest of what I posted. It's probably the fans fault we got demolished today as well. It'll be hard to talk about anything other than how dogbrick we are on the podcast without having an easy out of complaining about the support or mean old Conte. The travel and tickets of the away fans should be paid for by the players/ coaching staff / club but that would set a nasty precedent for the rest of the season financially.....

Edit - It didn't let me respond to the vague PM you sent saying the conversation was done 12 hours before this last word you wanted to get in on the Sanchez thread.... It's easier to claim someone doesn't understand then actually have to rethink your position on something.

Best wishes mate...

Best wishes mate...

Nope. Doesn't it work like that. Go fudge yourself with however much smarmy-ness feels adequate.

Hope you can find some excellent material slagging off our fans in your next podcast, but it was the players who let themselves down. No doubt it's best remain to positive and think we're incredible whilst slagging off the working class fans hoping they'll get assaulted for expressing their feelings.

Disagree about the booing - it was imo definitely about Sanchez.

Sorry to go and search out a post of yours (which I have truncated) but I remembered you saying this (because I agreed with it) :

That’s a good example of possible unconscious bias. A lot of the people doing the name calling would likely never describe themselves as anti-Semitic, and they most probably aren’t. But nonetheless in some sub or un conscious way they may be exhibiting a bias towards a stereotype of a Jewish person. Jewish people are tight. Levy is Jewish. Ergo Levy is tight. Obviously that won’t be everyone by any means. But it is good to take a step back sometimes and question why we react in a certain way to certain people but not others.
Unconscious bias is a personal thing so it’s impossible to ascribe it en masse, but it’s reasonable to question if it applies.
Sanchez gets booed because he's a poor player and had poor moments and certainly there is an unconscious bias in play at times. Like I don't understand how so many fans can quite rightfully point how poor Sanchez has been at times yet make constant excuses and allowances for Dier. He's equally poor but because maybe the fans feel like they can personally identify with him, he's giving allowances that the likes of Sanchez don't get?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Came on and was better than the other defenders
Fair play to him
He actually does that really well - it's not the first time. When he needs to raise something up, he's good. Unfortunately it's when he's under pressure he crumbles.
Mid table Serie A/Bundesliga is his level - no shame in that, that's damn good level.
Good luck to him. But it's time for a fresh start all around.

Except we need a buyer
That’s the key
Hopefully for all parties sakes it’s quick and easy

Yeh thats the key but there are so many shmos in football that you can't underestimate some managers ability to pick up players like Sanchez and think they can turn him into something. Same with Dier, there will 100% be managers out there that "fancy" him as a player, the key will be us making allowances on fees for the greater good of the squad. The fact we have paid off players to leave for that fact and taken a few hits more recently makes me think maybe, and its a big maybe, maybe we are learning lessons.

Yeh thats the key but there are so many shmos in football that you can't underestimate some managers ability to pick up players like Sanchez and think they can turn him into something. Same with Dier, there will 100% be managers out there that "fancy" him as a player, the key will be us making allowances on fees for the greater good of the squad. The fact we have paid off players to leave for that fact and taken a few hits more recently makes me think maybe, and its a big maybe, maybe we are learning lessons.

I don’t think it’s a case of learning lessons, more being in a stronger financial position and being able to take the hit.

It’s easy to say pay them off, but you still need to put a team out, and we are still talking about top level footballers here, you could end up spending a lot of money for a marginal upgrade.

Until the player is in the shirt you don’t really know what you will get, we’ve had plenty of superstars from nowhere and plenty of sure things that didn’t work out.

It is always a risk.

I don’t think it’s a case of learning lessons, more being in a stronger financial position and being able to take the hit.

It’s easy to say pay them off, but you still need to put a team out, and we are still talking about top level footballers here, you could end up spending a lot of money for a marginal upgrade.

Until the player is in the shirt you don’t really know what you will get, we’ve had plenty of superstars from nowhere and plenty of sure things that didn’t work out.

It is always a risk.

Yeh true enough

Back