• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He was much more involved than both Dier and Davies, with more than twice the amount of touches and passes of Dier. Despite that, his passing accuracy was equal to Dier, and slightly better with long balls. You're seeing things that aren't there. I wish people could just support our players and see things objectively, instead of clinging on to a previous made up perception from years ago.

Pass volume and accuracy are not particularly useful metrics when talking about how good a player is on the ball. Certainly nothing that can warrant a statement like "seeing things that aren't there".

Sure, those stats are objective facts. What they tell us, how they're interpreted, is not. There can be many reasons for having stats like that.

Am i right that the last time we conceded when he was playing was the Wolves home PL game?
:oops:

Let's home his run continues tonight. Massive test given the type of attackers West Ham have...

Was he playing as a rogue attacker against Leeds? Seemed to spend a lot of time in and around their box.

That’s how the 3 CBS should work
Same as when Dier attacked
It was noticeable against Forest that Dier was pushing really far forwards, bursting into a #8 or even #10 position.
A couple of times he was doing this and Lenglet was down the left wing and suddenly Bissouma was our defence, and understandably struggled. We were way open.

Didn't think he was too bad when he came on yesterday

Was very good on the ball. Surprisingly good. Perhaps Leeds being more tired by then and him having a bit more time on the ball helped?

He's usually decent on the ball as long as he's not put under real pressure. The problems arise more when he's under real pressure or starts making mistakes and more mistakes follow.

Good to see Sanchez do well for a change. Always felt we somehow damaged him.
Have we seen a lenglet-romero-sanchez combo before? Sanchez has got some good straight line speed on him, something extra we don't have at the moment.

He's had some good moments over the last few years but I think it's pretty clear we will be trying to move him on. There's already been talk that we are looking for CBs for January, we had that link to one in Germany and even another link to Pau Torres this week. I think the back 5 might see a lot of changes in the next 2 windows as Conte tries find a new defence that can play exactly the way he wants (or to a better standard at least)

Edit: Just seen this

Last edited:
If you ever want a chuckle, cast your mind back to when Barcelona were allegedly after his services - I wonder how that would have gone, what with how graceful our Davo is on the ball.

Loads of let downs today in our lineup and I don't want to spacegoat him as the main reason for our struggles, but if he remains first back up at RCB there's very little point in entering competitions nevermind fudging winning them.

It was cringeworthy watching him run beyond Porro numerous times, like what the fudge is he going to do on the wing or in the box, fall over and hope the opposition score an own goal due to them being in fits of hysterical laughter?

I don't want to disregard the good spells he has had in our shirt, particularly the run in of last season when Cuti was out but when he comes in cold he is an actual embarrassment, defensively and offensively and it hurts to watch it unfold.

I did have a chuckle as he fell over in stages late on. Bye, Davo, you will always have that Karen BBQ video as your legacy.

Someone pointed out that every single season since 16/17, all our FA Cup exits have come with a defense of Eric Dier, Davinson Sanchez, and sometimes Ben Davies.

Every single one. Every single year.

And let me remind you, in that time, our other center backs were - Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Kevin Wimmer, Juan Foyth, Joe Rodon, Japhet Tanganga, Cristian Romero and Clement Lenglet.

Eric Dier. Davinson Sanchez. Ben Davies.

Start these useless bombscares, win nothing - these men will always let you down, and always, always will.

Nothing new under the sun - I saw that defense and knew we would struggle.

He was absolutely terrible. Embarrassingly bad. But, to be fair to him, it can’t be easy coming in once every few months. Especially on a cold Wednesday night in Sheffield. But he was woeful and should have no future here.

He was absolutely terrible. Embarrassingly bad. But, to be fair to him, it can’t be easy coming in once every few months. Especially on a cold Wednesday night in Sheffield. But he was woeful and should have no future here.

He probably earns more than that entire SU side put together and can't mange one game in three months? I think you're being far too fair to this waste of air.

So what's the excuse for the ones who haven't come in tonight.
The guy isn't great but we are kidding ourselves on if we think he is root of our problems.

If it's as difficult for him to play at this level he should not be a professional footballer.

Back