• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Could really do with him tonight. Davies just doesn't work as well in a Poch system,he isn't enough of an attacking threat. I also think his defensive capabilities are over rated, I don't think he's a much better defender than Rose - he simply takes less attacking risks....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think Davies is decent, been a bit hit and miss. But I think Rose is the better player right now, and I include defending in that.

Iirc a lot was made of Sheffields ability to attack down the wings in the build up to the game so that may have led to a cautious approach with the FBs tonight, Walker seemed to be more conservative in his play also.

I like a rose a lot, he'd be my first choice, but writing Davies off already is madness, he's only played a handful of games

Good to have two different players. Rose will be more suited to challenge Campbell-Rice (who is an excellent ballplayer btw).

I like a rose a lot, he'd be my first choice, but writing Davies off already is madness, he's only played a handful of games

To be honest I prefer Davies, however I agree with your point about some fans writing players off. I even remember some idiots moaning about Modric, Bale, Chadli, Fazio etc, etc.

To be honest I prefer Davies, however I agree with your point about some fans writing players off. I even remember some idiots moaning about Modric, Bale, Chadli, Fazio etc, etc.

Fazio i am sure he was down as one of the worst defenders to ever wear the shirt.

Was at the game last night and imo Davies was one of our poorest players.

He gave the ball away several times in obvs dangerous areas given his defensive position. Ok, so he put in a few defensive blocks that went for corners, but he was only up against League One opposition FFS. Campbell-Ryce looked a threat, purely because Davies allowed him to look like one.

My main gripe was that he offered diddly-squat going forwards. Time after time we were screaming for additional support on the flanks to stretch the defensive barrage, but he was either too reluctant to help, or when he got forward failed to deliver a decent ball and often just played a safe option back to midfield slowing the move down. It always allowed Sheff United to reform and defend as a unit.

If all this talk about their wings was supposed to frighten us, it certainly did. I respect all opponents, but I repeat, THIS WAS A L1 OPPONENT. We should have had the balls to tear them to shreds. Let them worry about us, not the other way round!! The failure to do anything about it in the second half was a huge error on MoPo's part!!

We were desperate for Danny Rose to get out there. Sadly, i fear that with a 1-0 lead and an away leg to come, Davies will start next Wed too.

Although I agree with some of your conclusions it works both ways. In the first it looked as if he was the player on the left side. Every time Campbell what's his name got the ball Davies had no help. If Davies had went forward he didn't have the pace to get back should there have been a turn over.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I guess i'm thinking we'd have created a damn sight more openings had Rose been on there offering his usual threat on the wing. He should have still been more than able to deal with JC-R too….like i said, he's decent but L1 for crying out loud.

By having Davies on there we were too defensive minded. It was way too easy for them to double up (sometimes triple up!) on Townsend as a result. Which is largely why his runs down the wing resulted in a cut back to midfield. He just couldn't beat 2 men comfortably on his own. Rose would've helped here.

So maybe he'd have got caught out a few times, i'd have liked to think we'd have hammered a few more goals in with the extra attacking option even if we do concede 1 goal in the process. 3-1 was my initial thought for the game.

In short, I appreciate respecting the opponent. But we were far far too cautious. Fine, set out like that from the start, but the worse thing for me was not having the balls to do more about it at half time. We've missed a trick in this tie and were lucky that McEverley played the Get Out Of Jail card for us!!

Whos writing him off? He's a decent defender, but with Poch's system the full backs have to be all action and Davies just never adds any energy down the left hand side. Rose is fairly quick and direct, granted his end of product needs to improve for the most part but that could be said of most full backs. Whenever Davies has the ball, does he ever attack with intent? Its always check back and pass inside or back which slows down our attacks....

I like Davies I really do, but he was poor last night and Rose has been in great form. He has earned first choice at the moment. I also don't agree with this notion that he can't defend he has been really tidy at the back for most of this season if we were to pick player of the season so far he would only be behind Kane, Eriksen and Lloris for me.

I like Davies I really do, but he was poor last night and Rose has been in great form. He has earned first choice at the moment. I also don't agree with this notion that he can't defend he has been really tidy at the back for most of this season if we were to pick player of the season so far he would only be behind Kane, Eriksen and Lloris for me.

Agreed, this Rose cant defend thing really is a myth. How many wingers have given him the runaround this season?

Whos writing him off? He's a decent defender, but with Poch's system the full backs have to be all action and Davies just never adds any energy down the left hand side. Rose is fairly quick and direct, granted his end of product needs to improve for the most part but that could be said of most full backs. Whenever Davies has the ball, does he ever attack with intent? Its always check back and pass inside or back which slows down our attacks....

Absolutely 100% THIS. =D>

Back