• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Whos writing him off? He's a decent defender, but with Poch's system the full backs have to be all action and Davies just never adds any energy down the left hand side. Rose is fairly quick and direct, granted his end of product needs to improve for the most part but that could be said of most full backs. Whenever Davies has the ball, does he ever attack with intent? Its always check back and pass inside or back which slows down our attacks....

Absolutely 100% THIS. =D>

Was at the game last night and imo Davies was one of our poorest players.

He gave the ball away several times in obvs dangerous areas given his defensive position. Ok, so he put in a few defensive blocks that went for corners, but he was only up against League One opposition FFS. Campbell-Ryce looked a threat, purely because Davies allowed him to look like one.

My main gripe was that he offered diddly-squat going forwards. Time after time we were screaming for additional support on the flanks to stretch the defensive barrage, but he was either too reluctant to help, or when he got forward failed to deliver a decent ball and often just played a safe option back to midfield slowing the move down. It always allowed Sheff United to reform and defend as a unit.

If all this talk about their wings was supposed to frighten us, it certainly did. I respect all opponents, but I repeat, THIS WAS A L1 OPPONENT. We should have had the balls to tear them to shreds. Let them worry about us, not the other way round!! The failure to do anything about it in the second half was a huge error on MoPo's part!!

We were desperate for Danny Rose to get out there. Sadly, i fear that with a 1-0 lead and an away leg to come, Davies will start next Wed too.

That was our sixth game in three weeks and we have three more to come before the month is out so it's important to work the whole squad judiciously. Davies had a very poor game last night but he has proved more than capable in previous outings, indeed there was quite a discussion as to whether Rose would get his place back at one point. Davies is not as good going forward but he has a better cross in him than Rose and he can play a decent through ball, witness his handsome assist for Chadli's goal in the away cup tie against Burnley.

It's not just about keeping our best players as fresh as possible either, we need to keep all our squad players match fit and you only do that by playing them.

Rose is probably my joint 3rd favourite player right now (level with Eriksen, behind Hugo and the number 1 man-GHod that is Harry Kane).

He stuck it right up those clams every chance he got today and was a machine up and down the left flank. Him and Walker got legs for days!

The commentators we had in Canada couldn't stop talking about him getting skinned by welbeck and how it must be in the back of his mind and when Walcott comes on how exposed he'll be on tired legs blah blah

Top game apart from his involvement for the goal - which honestly happens to most defenders once in a while. Found so much space and exploited it really well.

Worked so hard today, covering pretty much the whole left hand side. Love his nasty streak too. Energy, commitment and tenacity, really helps our team in my opinion.

He has won me over I remember last season he started so badly I never wanted to see him in the shirt again. But he has worked hard and he deserves his place, I am not even sure what sort of player davies is whether he will be good enough as I have not seen enough of him play.

I would always start Rose in all our big matches. My concern is that because Rose played yesterday that Poch will start Davies against Liverpool. Unfortunately he lacks pace which is something Liverpool have in abundance

Yes, Welbeck did a Lennon on him, but was largely closed down by Dier.

Rose's error was having chased back and across Welbeck (without clipping his heels), was not picking up speed to support Dier in restricting the crossing options. When he ball was passed Rose could only leap at it ..... a yard closer and he would have intercepted it, or Welbeck would have had to try something else.

Apart from that, still happy for him and Davies to fight for the spot - MoPo seems to be deciding on a game by game basis until one or other becomes head boy.

Yes, Welbeck did a Lennon on him, but was largely closed down by Dier.

Rose's error was having chased back and across Welbeck (without clipping his heels), was not picking up speed to support Dier in restricting the crossing options. When he ball was passed Rose could only leap at it ..... a yard closer and he would have intercepted it, or Welbeck would have had to try something else.

Apart from that, still happy for him and Davies to fight for the spot - MoPo seems to be deciding on a game by game basis until one or other becomes head boy.

I cant agree with that. He seems to select Rose more than Davies for League games....

Watched Luke Shaw against West Ham, honestly think Rose is not just better than him but a lot better.

I never saw much of Shaw at Soton, but assumed this guy was going to be quality when he moved to Utd. But everytime I watch him he seems a bit underwhelming, especially considering the hype. He's still young, and not stupid enough to write him off by any stretch but by what Ive seen of him he's never looked anything special. Maybe he was just better suited in Soton's system or something....

I cant agree with that. He seems to select Rose more than Davies for League games....

I didn't say he was alternating, and 'seems to' and 'more than' aren't much basis for disagreeing. We are both saying it's not a settled selection.

MoPo starts with a team sheet, and Lloris Mason Bentaleb Eriksen and Kane are pre-printed, although may be scratched off. Not so LB

I didn't say he was alternating, and 'seems to' and 'more than' aren't much basis for disagreeing. We are both saying it's not a settled selection.

MoPo starts with a team sheet, and Lloris Mason Bentaleb Eriksen and Kane are pre-printed, although may be scratched off. Not so LB

Apologies, I should have worded better then. Poch has decided on Rose as first choice LB, primarily because hes a better fit for the way he wants us to play.

That's why Rose has started twice as many PL games as Davies, and why over 50% of Davies appearances for Spurs have been in the Europa League and League Cup....

With Rose, I love how something I have been critical on here before about; his temperament/aggression has now become such a key feature in his game but in a positive light.

At the moment you know every game he's going to be in the opponent's RW's face, tackling strongly with discipline and having a bit of a go verbally. He is managing to keep it controlled and doesn't aim to maliciously hurt the opposing player, but wind them up to get them off their game. He is great to watch at the moment and hopefully he'll continue in this light.

Back