• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

What the hell was going on between Kaboul and Fazio. Surely they step up as a unit?
Two crap centre halfs that don't share a language going into their shells at 0-1?

From what I remember it was Kaboul being 5-6 yards ahead of the rest, including Fazio, Naughton and Rose. By the vine on the previous page Kaboul is already way ahead of Rose when Rose is still on the ball, obviously you can't push up beyond the player on the ball so I really think it was Kaboul stepping up too far and Rose leaving his man. Fazio did fine.

Rose was garbage yesterday. At around 55 mins he was visibly cramping up which is strange considering he has only had a 4-6 week lay off. He was excellent against Saudi Sportswashing Machine but awful yesteray along with a few others. Chadli gave him no protection but his positioning was way off yesterday..

Have to say that I was disgusted by some of the abuse he received in the away end from the first 15 minutes when he lost a header. Scores of fans screaming at him that he was Wasnt good enough and shouldn't be wearing te shirt etc etc. Awful from us but you get used to these types of opinion

The more I see of both players the more I think Danny Rose is a preferential option between him and Davies. While the latter has a defensive advantage, it's not such a big one to outweigh the attacking advantage Rose offers. I just don't see Davies having been in the position to score the goal Rose did today - and he got an assist as well, although a rather cheap one.

But I was always concerned about Rose's inability to defend against Hazard. For the first goal, Rose was completely undone. Now, Hazard is one of the finest Premier League players, but even so I think that Rose's defensive game is weak; which is a bit of a problem when his primary purpose is to defend!

But I was always concerned about Rose's inability to defend against Hazard. For the first goal, Rose was completely undone. Now, Hazard is one of the finest Premier League players, but even so I think that Rose's defensive game is weak; which is a bit of a problem when his primary purpose is to defend!

What about that brilliant, critical tackle at the near-post second half to dispossess Ivanovitch? Rose' defensive game can also be very strong when he's at full throttle.

I think he is one of the players in the squad that Poch trusts, and it's one of the only positions where we have two players (Davies and Rose) where Poch trusts both options. Can't really say the same about any other position at the minute.

I think he is one of the players in the squad that Poch trusts, and it's one of the only positions where we have two players (Davies and Rose) where Poch trusts both options. Can't really say the same about any other position at the minute.

Was very good today. Hazard tears nearly every full back to shreds if he gets them one on one and Rose was no different. However he defended well and contributed in attack too.

Was very good today. Hazard tears nearly every full back to shreds if he gets them one on one and Rose was no different. However he defended well and contributed in attack too.

Exactly. Rose gets such stick, that one moment - where he probably should have done a little better - means all those who don't like him jump on his back. Apart from losing focus with Hazard, he was spot on. Adding to our attacks and defensively solid.

What happened with the Hazard run and goal, was Rose was preoccupied with the linesman, as Hazard was close to letting the ball run out of play. Instead of focus solely on Hazard, Rose spends a second or so looking at the lino. Silly. And I can see why people don't like him - he can be rash - but with a run of games and time he will mature as Walker did. As DZA says, we are 100% sorted at left back.

The issue on that goal was the way he backed off and allowed Hazard to build up a head of steam and drive in field. I think he thought it was a throw in, but really he should have either gone for the ball or at least pushed him down the line. That said, he was solid for the rest of the game with that Ivanovic tackle being a stand out moment.

As for the Davies vs Rose debate; The goal Rose got today was one that his natural game and will to get forward earned him. I like Davies and prefer him in defence, but I don't think he would've been that far up the pitch to score that goal.

Snap!

It was a very well taken goal as well. He had to be quick and decisive. There was a small window to score and Rose nailed it! Everything went for us today. Awesome!

Exactly. Rose gets such stick, that one moment - where he probably should have done a little better - means all those who don't like him jump on his back. Apart from losing focus with Hazard, he was spot on. Adding to our attacks and defensively solid.

What happened with the Hazard run and goal, was Rose was preoccupied with the linesman, as Hazard was close to letting the ball run out of play. Instead of focus solely on Hazard, Rose spends a second or so looking at the lino. Silly. And I can see why people don't like him - he can be rash - but with a run of games and time he will mature as Walker did. As DZA says, we are 100% sorted at left back.

Agree, the amount of abuse Rose and Townsend were getting on the match thread was outrageous. Everything they do wrong gets highlighted and everything positive overlooked. Better not say any more as trying to stick up for Andros earned me a one day ban.

One thing I'd like to see in the future, when we're defending a lead, would be to have Rose playing wide left in attack infront of Davies, to lock down that flank.

For example, today when Townsend went off, we could've moved Eriksen or Chadli to the right, brought Davies on at left-back and pushed Rose up to wide left. I reckon it's something Poch might do in the future and I think it'd work well,

Agree, the amount of abuse Rose and Townsend were getting on the match thread was outrageous. Everything they do wrong gets highlighted and everything positive overlooked. Better not say any more as trying to stick up for Andros earned me a one day ban.
You received a ban for personal abuse aimed at another poster. PM me if you would like to discuss the reasons behind it.

One thing I'd like to see in the future, when we're defending a lead, would be to have Rose playing wide left in attack infront of Davies, to lock down that flank.

For example, today when Townsend went off, we could've moved Eriksen or Chadli to the right, brought Davies on at left-back and pushed Rose up to wide left. I reckon it's something Poch might do in the future and I think it'd work well,

I thought the Paulinho sub was strange as he doesn't do anything that we needed at that point (although he did a give nd go for the 5th goal that I never noticed at the game)

Rose forward of Davies would have been no good move IMO

He did very well yesterday, actually I hate how he was silly in their first goal- basicly his major weakness is that he is silly-but he contributes with a ver important goal in the most appropriate time. I can remeber walker was in the same point, however he is considered to be the best RB with Ivanovic in PL.

He was okay yesterday, but the goal has risen opinion I feel. He's okay. Davies is far superior in my opinion, but not a bad back up.

Rose and Davies are both perfectly fine. Poch will rotate the two just like he did with Clyne and Chambers.

He was okay yesterday, but the goal has risen opinion I feel. He's okay. Davies is far superior in my opinion, but not a bad back up.

Not in any area is Davies far superior to Rose, let alone overall. Is Davies the better defender? Yes, but not by a country mile and Rose certainly adds more than Davies does going forward.

Like Rossi says they are both good players, who will be rotated as Poch sees fit. If Poch thought Davies was much the better player he would be playing most of the time, like the majority of our first team....

Back