• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

The most important thing is what the manager wants. If he feels that an individual is damaging the squad spirit, then off you go! Ferguson was never scared to do what he felt had to be done...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

True, alternatively we sold Bale for a shed load of money and bought 7 players and only 2 were good enough to remain at Spurs this long
No one would disagree that most of the Bale money was spent unwisely but of the players you refer to that were sold, Levy recovered £43.5m of the £66.9m he laid out on them.

Meantime Eriksen's value has increased considerably, he must surely be in the £30m-£40m bracket by now? And don't forget that's after we've had several seasons' excellent value out of him already. As for Lamela I think it's fair to say that by the time he got injured he'd just about managed to get himself back up to the fee we paid for him.

So at the end of the day it can easily be argued that despite those Bale bonanza bungles Levy has still ended up breaking even one way or another.

No mean feat!

True we've bought our share of turkeys, especially going back a bit, but take a look at the fees paid for the bulk of the present squad: Rose (£1m), Walker(£3m), Trippier (£3.5m), Vorm (£3.5m), Dier (£4m), Dele (£5m), Vertonghen (£10m), Eriksen (£11m), Wanyama (£11m), Alderweireld (£11.5m), Lloris (£12m), Dembele (£15m).

Every one a bargain, wouldn't you say?
Interesting post. What is our record transfer fee for a player who turned out to be successful?

All clubs sell top players, IF the price is right..........Ronaldo, Pogba, and Janssen!

It's all relative!

Maybe so but there is a difference, a big difference, between those players being sold to teams in other leagues and us selling a key player to a rival that finished below us in the same league for the last 2 seasons

No one would disagree that most of the Bale money was spent unwisely but of the players you refer to that were sold, Levy recovered £43.5m of the £66.9m he laid out on them.

Meantime Eriksen's value has increased considerably, he must surely be in the £30m-£40m bracket by now? And don't forget that's after we've had several seasons' excellent value out of him already. As for Lamela I think it's fair to say that by the time he got injured he'd just about managed to get himself back up to the fee we paid for him.

So at the end of the day it can easily be argued that despite those Bale bonanza bungles Levy has still ended up breaking even one way or another.

No mean feat!

Making a profit really means nothing if we are selling key players to our rivals and assist in strengthening a team that has been inferior to us over the past 2 seasons. It is bad enough that we cannot compete with them when it comes to buying new players why the feck make it even easier by selling them such an important player
We are trying to shed that annoying reputation that we sell our best top players, particularly to our rivals, besides what signal does it send to players like Dele?

Making a profit really means nothing if we are selling key players to our rivals and assist in strengthening a team that has been inferior to us over the past 2 seasons. It is bad enough that we cannot compete with them when it comes to buying new players why the feck make it even easier by selling them such an important player
We are trying to shed that annoying reputation that we sell our best top players, particularly to our rivals, besides what signal does it send to players like Dele?
Couldn't agree more my friend. In saying Levy broke even on the Bale money I was simply trying to show it was not as bad as it looked.

I do not believe Daniel approaches his transfer dealings from the angle of making a profit, just that he knows how to drive a hard bargain whenever a deal has to be struck. As others have pointed out, Levy has learnt some very hard lessons from his failures in the past, eg over Berbatov to United.

He has since declined to sell Modric to Cheatski and Bale to Manchester and lost out financially as a result, so I think we can be fairly relaxed about any approaches from City or United this time round, don't you?

When's his op ? GWS Danny, need him fit and raring to go come August.

Think of it, EPL and CL all at Wembley !! Don't even have to play a semi or final to get there, lol

I can see a natural progression/move from Rose backup Davies. To Davies backup Sessengon.
As with Walker backup Trippier the Trippier backup KWP.
That implemented at the correct times, would be good business.

Sell walker and rose abroad. That would be business. Pandering to city or utd would make us a selling club.

Every club is a 'selling club' its media/pundit drivel. Man U are a collecting club with more money than sense, Ill grant you that.
Selling abroad would indeed be preferable but if Real, Barca, Bayern and at a push PSG or Juve, are not interested AND the player wants to stay in the UK.
Then what?
Dont say Celtic:rolleyes:

Every club is a 'selling club' its media/pundit drivel. Man U are a collecting club with more money than sense, Ill grant you that.
Selling abroad would indeed be preferable but if Real, Barca, Bayern and at a push PSG or Juve, are not interested AND the player wants to stay in the UK.
Then what?
Dont say Celtic:rolleyes:

They are on contract and in a world cup year ... Luka learned the hard way. I have full confidence in levy

They are on contract and in a world cup year ... Luka learned the hard way. I have full confidence in levy

Yes Daniel will do the right thing. But we are currently not playing either "targeted" player.
Poch will call it, IF Sessegnon is a serious target I can see us selling 'a' left back when their price is high.
Personally I think long term fitness will also play a part.

I can see a natural progression/move from Rose backup Davies. To Davies backup Sessengon.
As with Walker backup Trippier the Trippier backup KWP.
That implemented at the correct times, would be good business.

Davies and Trippier will never get close to the level Walker and Rose are at now.

That would be a monumental downgrade over anything but a few games injury cover.

Davies and Trippier will never get close to the level Walker and Rose are at now.

That would be a monumental downgrade over anything but a few games injury cover.

We have not really missed either.....
But I would like to keep both..........
Sadly I think they both are looking to cash it on their meteoric rise under Poch..

I personally dont blame them you only come this way once.

Back