• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Depends on the worth of any of those people to me.

For example, a good chef whose restaurant I like would have high value. The person who irons our clothes and the ones who clean my car - all valuable.

Someone in Rotherham who I don't even know exists - meh.

Is anyone who lives in Rotherham important? Surely if they were they would not live in Rotherham.

It's not a straw man. Unless you know everyone in Rotherham then it's a very real example.

Notable people[edit]

Rotherham is the home of Paul and Barry Elliott(generally known as the Chuckle Brothers).
Main article: List of people from Rotherham
Rotherham is the hometown of the Chuckle Brothers, Arsenal and England goalkeeper David Seaman along with World Cup and English Premier League referee Howard Webb. Sean Bean began his acting career in Rotherham while actors Liz White, Ryan Sampson, Dean Andrews and Darrell D'Silva also hail from Rotherham, as does former leader of the Conservative Party, William Hague, and Sir Donald Coleman Bailey. Presenter James May grew up in Rotherham. His co-presenter on Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson trained to be a journalist at the Rotherham Advertiser.

Comedians Sandy Powell and Duggie Brown were born in Rotherham, as was actress Lynne Perrie. Christopher Wolstenholme of Muse, DJ Kritikal Mass, Dean Andrews of Life On Mars, artist Margaret Clarkson, band Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers and singer-actor Rob McVeigh were all born or mostly raised in Rotherham.

I would argue that all the above people have left a more lasting legacy than yourself, including the chuckle brothers. Google Portsmouth and I don’t see your name even popping up on Wikipedia as a notable resident.

Notable people[edit]

Rotherham is the home of Paul and Barry Elliott(generally known as the Chuckle Brothers).
Main article: List of people from Rotherham
Rotherham is the hometown of the Chuckle Brothers, Arsenal and England goalkeeper David Seaman along with World Cup and English Premier League referee Howard Webb. Sean Bean began his acting career in Rotherham while actors Liz White, Ryan Sampson, Dean Andrews and Darrell D'Silva also hail from Rotherham, as does former leader of the Conservative Party, William Hague, and Sir Donald Coleman Bailey. Presenter James May grew up in Rotherham. His co-presenter on Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson trained to be a journalist at the Rotherham Advertiser.

Comedians Sandy Powell and Duggie Brown were born in Rotherham, as was actress Lynne Perrie. Christopher Wolstenholme of Muse, DJ Kritikal Mass, Dean Andrews of Life On Mars, artist Margaret Clarkson, band Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers and singer-actor Rob McVeigh were all born or mostly raised in Rotherham.

I would argue that all the above people have left a more lasting legacy than yourself, including the chuckle brothers. Google Portsmouth and I don’t see your name even popping up on Wikipedia as a notable resident.
That's because you mispelled Chichester.

You missed the point by an even further distance.

To someone who lives in a proper city, Chichester, Portsmouth, Bognor...same brick different postcode.

No one who has spent time in the hell hole that is Portsmouth could link it to Chi. It is one of the worst places on the planet and I heard the joke about the asylum seekers who swum the channel landed in Portsmouth and promptly swam back again.

Was talking to my Mum, she said a few of her friends had gone onto the NHS Book a Jab site
If you help your parents with shopping, taking them to hospital etc you're an unpaid carer you can get booked up
I just did that as I help my parents and have my 1st jab on Monday evening with my 2nd on June 7th

My jab got canceled. My local surgery is doing so well that they had moved into cohort 10, unfortunately for me, they have been told from up heigh to cancel all 10's appointments.

What else would one wear in 35-40 degree heat by the ocean?
Linen suits?

I imagine Chichester to be like those Little Britain sketches at the village fete.
Quite the opposite. Chichester has all the benefits of little England in terms of being a good place to live and bring up kids. There's no graffiti, no litter, open spaces, culture, etc. It's also at least as accepting as the parts of West London I spent my younger years in.

In fact it's the only place outside of London in the UK I've seen gay couples able to walk around holding hands without abuse.

Back