• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What issue do you have with their work?

I doubt you’ll ever be invited to be on a think tank, unless second hand Aston Martins suddenly become of interest to the public.
Politically motivated to start with, although that's not their biggest problem.

Their founder was head of policy under Ed "Should have been his brother" Miliband. The most disastrous leader his party had ever seen until Corbyn asked someone to hold his beer.

Not sure why anyone would want to be part of something like that. Maybe it's just me but I'm really not a public service sort of person.

EU agency says AstraZeneca vaccine is 'safe and effective' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56440139
I think that was always their position to be fair.

The MHRA based on their review agree. They have added advice on a continuous headache and unusual bruising post vaccination though.

They conclude that the vaccine is not associated with an increase in overall risk on blood clotting. And

The vaccine may be associated with very rare cases of CVST (clotting in the brain) due to a small number of cases in men aged 19 -59.

This is what you find in phase 2 testing of medicines pretending to be vaccines, i guess.
Usually when proper testing has been carried out BEFORE a medicine is rolled out for mass use (rather than in a wide clinical trial), all these risks are actually known and documented (rather than found out as the mass testing goes on).

This is what you find in phase 2 testing of medicines pretending to be vaccines, i guess.
Usually when proper testing has been carried out BEFORE a medicine is rolled out for mass use (rather than in a wide clinical trial), all these risks are actually known and documented (rather than found out as the mass testing goes on).

Eh?

The vaccine is still in the testing phase.
These kind of (quite major) side effects is what is ironed out BEFORE it gets to market (or at least when it does there has been enough testing and trials to give clear guidelines on who should or should not take it because of these side effects)

Politically motivated to start with, although that's not their biggest problem.

Their founder was head of policy under Ed "Should have been his brother" Miliband. The most disastrous leader his party had ever seen until Corbyn asked someone to hold his beer.

Not sure why anyone would want to be part of something like that. Maybe it's just me but I'm really not a public service sort of person.

Show me one body/organisation which doesn't have a political motivation. Yourself included. 27,000 needless deaths doesn't need to be taken as a political statement, it's a fact. Had no lockdown eventuated, as you'd have wished the death toll in the UK would be akin to Brazil. Would that constitute enough of a failure for you to admit you've been wrong about this from day one?

Show me one body/organisation which doesn't have a political motivation. Yourself included. 27,000 needless deaths doesn't need to be taken as a political statement, it's a fact. Had no lockdown eventuated, as you'd have wished the death toll in the UK would be akin to Brazil. Would that constitute enough of a failure for you to admit you've been wrong about this from day one?
Simply accepting their claims as fact is why political motivation is relevant. Anyone with a history of working with ShouldhavebeenDavid Miliband during his leadership is clearly incapable of logical and coherent thought.

Protect the vulnerable and leaving everyone else to be free would not have resulted in nearly as many deaths. Even if it did (it wouldn't), other people's lives are a small price for freedom.

Simply accepting their claims as fact is why political motivation is relevant. Anyone with a history of working with ShouldhavebeenDavid Miliband during his leadership is clearly incapable of logical and coherent thought.

Protect the vulnerable and leaving everyone else to be free would not have resulted in nearly as many deaths. Even if it did (it wouldn't), other people's lives are a small price for freedom.

I had to do a double-take on this. How many lives is your 'freedom' worth, just to put a figure on it?

(edit : I've just noticed we're on page 666...fancy that)

Last edited:
I had to do a double-take this. How many lives is your 'freedom' worth, just to put a figure on it?

(edit : I've just noticed we're on page 666...fancy that)
Depends on the worth of any of those people to me.

For example, a good chef whose restaurant I like would have high value. The person who irons our clothes and the ones who clean my car - all valuable.

Someone in Rotherham who I don't even know exists - meh.

Depends on the worth of any of those people to me.

For example, a good chef whose restaurant I like would have high value. The person who irons our clothes and the ones who clean my car - all valuable.

Someone in Rotherham who I don't even know exists - meh.
That's pretty dispicable.

Looks like Moderna will be delivering their first batch on schedule next month...

I wonder how they go about introducing additional vaccines such as this given the logistics of the second doses. Does it go nationwide with the associated jeopardy of matching people up again to each particular vaccine for dose 2.

There must be similar problems in business I guess. Can’t think of them though.

I wonder how they go about introducing additional vaccines such as this given the logistics of the second doses. Does it go nationwide with the associated jeopardy of matching people up again to each particular vaccine for dose 2.

There must be similar problems in business I guess. Can’t think of them though.

I would assume it would be introduced only for new first dose appointments, but you never know nowadays. Could be just as likely that we run out of one and they have to scramble together a press release that mixing and matching is perfectly fine!

Back