• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

We got a phenomenal deal for Bale partly due to Levy's negotiation skills, him and Neymar would go for similar fees if they were both to be sold tomorrow. Suarez would probably go for less money but that's only down to him being a few years older, he's the 4th best player in the world after Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta IMO.

I'd put him above all of those, even Messi now

No chance. What makes him better? Messi and Ronaldo score 40+ goals every season, Bale hasn't even done it once.

more to the game than goals scored, he still has at least 5 years at least at the top of the game, Ronaldo is certainly in past his best, probably Messi too

he can play a variety of positions, is an asset offensively and defensively on the ground and in the air, a supreme all round athlete with a work ethic and no ego

more to the game than goals scored, he still has at least 5 years at least at the top of the game, Ronaldo is certainly in past his best, probably Messi too

he can play a variety of positions, is an asset offensively and defensively on the ground and in the air, a supreme all round athlete with a work ethic and no ego

True but when you score that many goals, it sets you apart from everyone else on the planet. A past it Messi and Ronaldo (I don't think either of them are btw) are still better than Bale today. Bale COULD become better, but for now, he isn't.

Messi can play up top, as an attacking midfielder, hell, with his range of passing he could probably play deeper in midfield but his scoring ability would be decreased. Ronaldo can also play as a striker or as a winger. Ronaldo is also a superior athlete and is better in the air. Messi will never be as physically dominant as Bale, but his overall play is far better and creates as many goals as the people in the team whose job it is to create.

True but when you score that many goals, it sets you apart from everyone else on the planet. A past it Messi and Ronaldo (I don't think either of them are btw) are still better than Bale today. Bale COULD become better, but for now, he isn't.

Messi can play up top, as an attacking midfielder, hell, with his range of passing he could probably play deeper in midfield but his scoring ability would be decreased. Ronaldo can also play as a striker or as a winger. Ronaldo is also a superior athlete and is better in the air. Messi will never be as physically dominant as Bale, but his overall play is far better and creates as many goals as the people in the team whose job it is to create.

there is a difference between past it and past their best

I don't think Bale's influence on a team that has won two European Cup's in three years can be overstated

if I was managing an elite club Bale would be top of my shopping list

there is a difference between past it and past their best

I don't think Bale's influence on a team that has won two European Cup's in three years can be overstated

if I was managing an elite club Bale would be top of my shopping list

Well Bale scored the winner in 2014 so he had a direct influence on the final.

I still think they would have won it this year without him. I wouldn't say the same had they been without Ronaldo.

We got a phenomenal deal for Bale partly due to Levy's negotiation skills, him and Neymar would go for similar fees if they were both to be sold tomorrow. Suarez would probably go for less money but that's only down to him being a few years older, he's the 4th best player in the world after Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta IMO.
He's not even the 4th best player in his team

He is an odious little goblin but he is far better player than most of those IMO. His end product is pretty phenomenal really even if he doesn't look the most graceful on the pitch.
Not for me. Those are all players at the very top of their game in their positions. Suarez is in the "very good" category of forwards, but not in the best like Messi, Ronaldo and Bale

Not for me. Those are all players at the very top of their game in their positions. Suarez is in the "very good" category of forwards, but not in the best like Messi, Ronaldo and Bale
Fair enough.

My own opinion is that Ronaldo is fading fast. He has lost his real speed and his decision making is getting worse as his star wanes. His numbers are still amazing but considering the amount of shots he takes, most of them ill chosen at that, it is not hard to see why he scores a lot.

Bale as much as I love him has nowhere near the same impact as Suarez IMO. I think he will come into his own when Ronnie fudges off. His best performances I have seen have come when he is the 'main man' and not one of the supporting actors.

I fudging hate Suarez but I'm not blind to his influence. I'd put him 3rd in terms of influence and end product in that Barca team. We'll disagree on this but that's my tuppence worth.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

My own opinion is that Ronaldo is fading fast. He has lost his real speed and his decision making is getting worse as his star wanes. His numbers are still amazing but considering the amount of shots he takes, most of them ill chosen at that, it is not hard to see why he scores a lot.

Bale as much as I love him has nowhere near the same impact as Suarez IMO. I think he will come into his own when Ronnie fudges off. His best performances I have seen have come when he is the 'main man' and not one of the support actors.

I fudgeing hate Suarez but I'm not blind to his influence. I'd put him 3rd in terms of influence and end product in that Barca team. We'll disagree on this but that's my tuppence worth.

2 European Cups in his 3 seasons there

Fair enough.

Bale as much as I love him has nowhere near the same impact as Suarez IMO. I think he will come into his own when Ronnie fudges off. His best performances I have seen have come when he is the 'main man' and not one of the support actors.

I fudgeing hate Suarez but I'm not blind to his influence. I'd put him 3rd in terms of influence and end product in that Barca team. We'll disagree on this but that's my tuppence worth.
I think if you referee them properly, both Suarez and Neymar are only a fraction as effective.

Back