• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Bale and Ronaldo are two players who were worth every penny for sure, I think they had the added advantage of being in the Prem from 17-19ish, built into the league.

I will be shocked if Pogba justifys the fee by absolutely owning every one round him, which you would expect him to do, for the fee, thats my view anyway.

The 2 hours you get for your £50 at football is very cheap if you compare it to premium products. It's a lot cheaper than two hours of driving around in a premium car, or two hours worth of a premium hotel for the night. It's a fraction of the cost of a 2 hour meal at a premium restaurant, etc.

Its still a false economy, Man United still operate in debt, so the money coming in is going out the game by going into a players pocket which is never going to see the light of day again.

Same as Spurs, so much money in the game, fans get less, get charged more, players get rich and the club has to borrow the money to build a new ground.....it makes no sense

Bale and Ronaldo are two players who were worth every penny for sure, I think they had the added advantage of being in the Prem from 17-19ish, built into the league.

I will be shocked if Pogba justifys the fee by absolutely owning every one round him, which you would expect him to do, for the fee, thats my view anyway.

he's playing with Him

Anyone know if there's a table on how much United have spent since Fergie left?

Have to win the title within the next couple of seasons at the very least now surely? They say if you throw enough brick some of it stinks...

EDIT: That should say sticks not stinks...

Have to win the title within the next couple of seasons at the very least now surely? They say if you throw enough brick some of it stinks...

Well this is ultimately my point, for money invested they should win the league, then and only then will any of these players justify their value, oh hang on, there are three other teams doing the exact same, so really someone has to fail, and the price for failure is going up

Well this is ultimately my point, for money invested they should win the league, then and only then will any of these players justify their value, oh hang on, there are three other teams doing the exact same, so really someone has to fail, and the price for failure is going up

That won't stop Mourinho spouting excuses at every opportunity.

Its still a false economy, Man United still operate in debt, so the money coming in is going out the game by going into a players pocket which is never going to see the light of day again.

Same as Spurs, so much money in the game, fans get less, get charged more, players get rich and the club has to borrow the money to build a new ground.....it makes no sense
Are they at an operating loss or are they paying down debt?

I might be wrong but i thought they were running at an operating profit.

I think some are only looking at the fee and at Pogba's European Championship performances, where he was played out of position in an unbalanced side which seemingly used different tactics in every game.

So are you saying a player capable of playing out of position in an unbalanced side with no clear tactical strategy is just what United need?

I agree, Bale & Ronaldo are extreme rarities, players who put in any side (at the highest level), can single handily win you multiple games per season. They also allow you to punish opposition mistakes.

should Pogba make Manu a better side? = yes, is he going to win 10-15 games a season (what his price tag demands) single handily? = I don't see it

If I was Manu, I would have spent that money on Griezmann over Pogba ..

I agree, Bale & Ronaldo are extreme rarities, players who put in any side (at the highest level), can single handily win you multiple games per season. They also allow you to punish opposition mistakes.

should Pogba make Manu a better side? = yes, is he going to win 10-15 games a season (what his price tag demands) single handily? = I don't see it

If I was Manu, I would have spent that money on Griezmann over Pogba ..

does it, does football work like that?

does it, does football work like that?

For a sane club, it should be, in my opinion

If you pay 70M+ for any player (regardless of how crazy the market is), that player needs to be some combination of
- A player that will score heavily consistently
- A player that is a match winner
- A player that will be a huge commercial draw

Not sure Pogba fits any of those boxes ..

If you pay 70M+ for any player (regardless of how crazy the market is), that player needs to be some combination of

personally I think he ticks the first 2

as for the 3rd, isn't every player that plays for United?

would we drop that fee on him, no way, are Juve right to sell for that price, absolutely, does that mean it can't be a good deal for United, I don't think so

personally I think he ticks the first 2

as for the 3rd, isn't every player that plays for United?

would we drop that fee on him, no way, are Juve right to sell for that price, absolutely, does that mean it can't be a good deal for United, I don't think so

time will tell, and yes its the type of purchase that only a very small few clubs can make ...

I think he is an over inflated purchase regardless of how its painted.

Will he score heavily - History says no
Will he be a match winner - Hard to know, Italy has been dominated by his previous club, so will be interested to see where he fits from there and how that translates to Man United

I just don't get the hype with Pogba. United have paid 89 mil for a 7 goal a season midfielder. For people who watch Serie A, is there anything more than hype with this guy or he is the real deal? He was truly average at the Euros. United have paid at least twice what he is actually worth.

For that kind of money, you need to be scoring 30-50 goals a season.

I just don't get the hype with Pogba. United have paid 89 mil for a 7 goal a season midfielder. For people who watch Serie A, is there anything more than hype with this guy or he is the real deal? He was truly average at the Euros. United have paid at least twice what he is actually worth.

For that kind of money, you need to be scoring 30-50 goals a season.

why 30-50?

Bale is a midfielder too, his tallies at Madrid are 22, 17 and 19, which were a key part of two European Cup wins

Pogba plays in the same position as Zidane, who went for a relatively similar fee (http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...nsfer-fees-of-all-time-adjusted-for-inflation) his best total
in a Madrid shirt was 12 in a season

why 30-50?

Bale is a midfielder too, his tallies at Madrid are 22, 17 and 19, which were a key part of two European Cup wins

Pogba plays in the same position as Zidane, who went for a relatively similar fee (http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...nsfer-fees-of-all-time-adjusted-for-inflation) his best total
in a Madrid shirt was 12 in a season

Bale has been a good signing. He's a big game player, his goals in two finals prove that, but ultimately, I'm not sure if he has been good value for money so far, maybe he has if you factor in shirt sales. He is still miles away from Messi and Ronaldo, even Suarez and Neymar ahead of him considerably.

Zidane was a once in a lifetime player. He may not have scored bags of goals, but his influence and skill were breathtaking. Not to mention his performances and goals in semi finals and finals, something Zlatan could take note from. I don't see anything to suggest the Pog will be even half the player Zidane was.

Bale has been a good signing. He's a big game player, his goals in two finals prove that, but ultimately, I'm not sure if he has been good value for money so far, maybe he has if you factor in shirt sales. He is still miles away from Messi and Ronaldo, even Suarez and Neymar ahead of him considerably.

Zidane was a once in a lifetime player. He may not have scored bags of goals, but his influence and skill were breathtaking. Not to mention his performances and goals in semi finals and finals, something Zlatan could take note from. I don't see anything to suggest the Pog will be even half the player Zidane was.

ok, I was questionning the 30-50 goals expectation, how did you calculate that?

ok, I was questionning the 30-50 goals expectation, how did you calculate that?

I just think in general, if clubs are paying that kind of money for a player, some expectations need to be set. The best way to influence games is by creating and/or scoring goals. Look at the players who have been sold for similar money, they are goalscorers, which makes it even more perplexing as to why Pogba has gone for such an over inflated fee.

Back