• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

This Pogba deal could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Genuinely fallen out of love with the game I fell in love with 25 years ago.

This Pogba deal could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Genuinely fallen out of love with the game I fell in love with 25 years ago.

Yep I agree

I don't buy into the theory that "because there is more money in the game players prices should go up" thats a false economy.

MOre money into the game should mean better facilities, better deals for fans, better food at games, an all round quality product. Not making players that we were worth 30m 4 years ago now worth 90m, thats just bullsheeet

I think some are only looking at the fee and at Pogba's European Championship performances, where he was played out of position in an unbalanced side which seemingly used different tactics in every game.

He dominated Serie A last season, I think he'll tear it up in the PL.

He dominated Serie A last season, I think he'll tear it up in the PL.

Just to validate the comment, what do you class as dominated?

As a massive Lazio fan, I see alot of the league and I saw a very good player that was part of a very strong unit who as a team dominated the league.

He is a strong player I get that, but in terms of wow factor, I don't think he is 90m of player, not by a long shot

Just to validate the comment, what do you class as dominated?

As a massive Lazio fan, I see alot of the league and I saw a very good player that was part of a very strong unit who as a team dominated the league.

He is a strong player I get that, but in terms of wow factor, I don't think he is 90m of player, not by a long shot

directly involved in 25 goals and created 79 chances according to the stats

it's not individual moments that define him, it's his metronomic relentlessness

directly involved in 25 goals and created 79 chances according to the stats

it's not individual moments that define him, it's his metronomic relentlessness

Yeh I get that, but 90m, thats three times Pjanics fee for the same output....really

Yep I agree

I don't buy into the theory that "because there is more money in the game players prices should go up" thats a false economy.

MOre money into the game should mean better facilities, better deals for fans, better food at games, an all round quality product. Not making players that we were worth 30m 4 years ago now worth 90m, thats just bullsheeet
You're looking at two entirely different markets there.

The TV rights market is costing more and more, and the TV market is massively improved. Cameras, quality, delivery, availability (ignoring the ridiculous 3pm blackout), etc is all massively better - commentary in this country is still poor but that's because we keep employing ex-footballers.

The 2 hours you get for your £50 at football is very cheap if you compare it to premium products. It's a lot cheaper than two hours of driving around in a premium car, or two hours worth of a premium hotel for the night. It's a fraction of the cost of a 2 hour meal at a premium restaurant, etc.

Yeh I get that, but 90m, thats three times Pjanics fee for the same output....really

I dunno, i'd expect more consistency from Pogba, he's got a height and physicality advantage that Jose tends to go for too.

As we saw with Bale, a player who is also an athlete, has a premium.

Back