• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

For the early offside "goal", he controlled the ball well and rifled it into the net.
I was really hoping that of he had a confidence issue, this would have lifted it, despite it being disallowed, purely on the way he executed.
But yet again, I thought it was a bad performance from him as I've seen.

For some reason he seems to have lost a lot of confidence. Who knows what's behind it, maybe something in his private that'll come out further down the line.

His passing was often inexplicably poor, such that he himself must have been wondering what the hell's going on with him. But in truth his game really wasn't all that bad yesterday. He was so unlucky with his superbly taken offside goal, had that stood how much might it have changed things? And overall despite his glaring errors he still successfully provided much of the essential link play that helped stick things together between defence and attack. Much of his play was quick, intelligent little one-twos, the sort of stuff that is less noticeable but is essential in keeping the attack moving forward.

On top of that, to his great credit he is still putting the graft in. I noticed one spell midway through the second half when he chased and harried from player to player without ever really getting close to tackling, yet the result was his efforts eventually helped win us possession from which we were able to launch another sustained attack.

For me it's significant that despite his generally poor form Poch continues to stick with him through it all. This speaks to me that he recognises the overall value and importance of Eriksen's role in our side. It's become a cliche that when Eriksen plays well so does the team. Well yesterday for once we won despite both him and the team mostly playing poorly. Of course the return of Kane coupled with Harry Wink's excellent first League start made a big difference, but I'd venture also that despite his mistakes Eriksen too played his part.

Starting to worry about him - think it's more a case of him only playing well when the team does as opposed to being the one who makes my pants sticky.

Bottled everything yesterday once again and just plain gave up several times after losing possession

I agree Pirate. He's misfiring in almost all aspects of his game. Surprised if he's not benched soon.

I agree, but the problem is that we don't have anyone in the squad who is a direct replacement for him. I suppose Winks is the nearest and after yesterday deserves a run in the side to replace Eriksen. Certainly someone else - Kane, Dier or Son - need to take over his free-kick duties, which have become anaemic to say the least.

I think it is confidence pure and simple, and it is visibly draining away with every match IMO. He was not the worst of the pitch yesterday by any means but we do need a player who can grab hold of a game when we are losing and make things happen. Eriksen should be that player but his courage on the ball is not what it was. To me he looks like he is second guessing everything he is doing rather than playing his natural game.
He needs a match or two where things really go for him, maybe a goal or an assist, and a good all round performance. It was such a shame that early goal yesterday didn't stand.

Quite simply he needs to be dropped and given a huge kick up the arse.. Not good enough, especially given he can be our most important creative player on his day.

Or he needs more game time to play his way back into form.

I trust Pochettino completely to make good decisions on how to get our players back to form.

If that off side flag had not gone up yesterday we would all be crowing about his game.

He will be back to his best soon.

He seems completely off the pace and needs to just get back with it

He started well yesterday and then started competing with Rose to see who could make the worst passes

Had a very strange ge and poor game IMO

But I thought he was very good vs Arse

I agree with Bedfordspurs.....Eriksen was very good versus Arsenal but yesterday he were poor.

Also his disallowed goal - having made the space from his marker, he really should never have been offside. The Spammers line were not even playing for offside, he just got his run and the launch of the long ball from Dier timed all wrong. Loved the finish though.

He's current form is is clearly not what it should be, it's consistently inconsistent but then, the same can be said about quite a few of our players.

The move where he received the ball in front of the East Stand and neatly passed it over the touchline for a West Ham throw summed him up yesterday. Stank like a badger's crotch for most of the game.

Eriksen had a free role, but it was tight in the central area of the final third - where he Eriksen is expected to play. He missed some passes, but he wasn't that bad for me. Kane until he scored, Dembele and Wanyama were no better were they? The problem is we don't have a player who can rotate with Eriksen. Maybe Winks can mature into such a role.

A few players looked like they lacked something after the internationals. Wanyama played in two different African counties, Mali etc. and I think the international games had some effect.

wanyama was awful yesterday, we need to do a better job of protecting the more distributed internationals who play in more active roles, not sure why we didn't push Dier in mf and bring wimmer in

For some reason he seems to have lost a lot of confidence. Who knows what's behind it, maybe something in his private that'll come out further down the line.

His passing was often inexplicably poor, such that he himself must have been wondering what the hell's going on with him. But in truth his game really wasn't all that bad yesterday. He was so unlucky with his superbly taken offside goal, had that stood how much might it have changed things? And overall despite his glaring errors he still successfully provided much of the essential link play that helped stick things together between defence and attack. Much of his play was quick, intelligent little one-twos, the sort of stuff that is less noticeable but is essential in keeping the attack moving forward.

On top of that, to his great credit he is still putting the graft in. I noticed one spell midway through the second half when he chased and harried from player to player without ever really getting close to tackling, yet the result was his efforts eventually helped win us possession from which we were able to launch another sustained attack.

For me it's significant that despite his generally poor form Poch continues to stick with him through it all. This speaks to me that he recognises the overall value and importance of Eriksen's role in our side. It's become a cliche that when Eriksen plays well so does the team. Well yesterday for once we won despite both him and the team mostly playing poorly. Of course the return of Kane coupled with Harry Wink's excellent first League start made a big difference, but I'd venture also that despite his mistakes Eriksen too played his part.

Thank GHod for some realistic thoughts, is he playing at is best? of course not but then again we have a lot of players who are failing to do that not just Eriksen. It seems to me that he has become the whipping boy for our poor form as a team.

Thank GHod for some realistic thoughts, is he playing at is best? of course not but then again we have a lot of players who are failing to do that not just Eriksen. It seems to me that he has become the whipping boy for our poor form as a team.

I am inclined to disagree. I have been judging him on a match by match basis. I thought he was very good against the Goons last week but very poor yesterday. I distinctly remember him impressing in his first match after signing a new contract but generally he has been poor this season. The fact that I am calling it as I see it after each match does not make him the whipping boy.

And for the record you are right most of the team were poor for large periods yesterday, but the difference is most of those players have a lot more good games than Eriksen

Back