• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

How much money is burning a whole in Juve's pockets from Pogba still?

I think we can find a better use for those wages.

He just doesn't have the mentality to be a big player
In which case why would Juventus want him? I'll tell you why (for the umpteenth time) it's because he is normally our key player creatively, so please, give it a rest.

In which case why would Juventus want him? I'll tell you why (for the umpteenth time) it's because he is normally our key player creatively, so please, give it a rest.

I am willing to place a bet with you that the moment an upgrade can be found we will sell him. People bitched about Modric during his 'contract impasse' but he never let it show on the pitch. He needs to start delivering, but more importantly, he has to show COURAGE. For me he bottled it a few times today. I am not referring to the physical side of his game, I am referring to taking a few more chances/showing greater intent when he is on the ball. One moment screamed to me - he received the ball across him from right after about 75 mins, he took a touch to the left to get across the man and instead of then driving in behind and either drawing the foul or taking a pop, he simply laid off a short ball with no option for an incisive return. Again, I appreciate he was not the only one today, but every other player 'wanted' it, and to me, he looks scared and low on confidence. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I want him to rise, start taking games/trying to take them, and prove me wrong!

Absolutely horrible today and poor in all the other games. He has to be dropped until he feels rested or gets his head right. For someone with that much talent it was so bad going forward and back. He needs to pull his head out of arse very quickly.

Drop him and play Lamela in the hole with son right to add some much needed pace.

I am willing to place a bet with you that the moment an upgrade can be found we will sell him. People bitched about Modric during his 'contract impasse' but he never let it show on the pitch. He needs to start delivering, but more importantly, he has to show COURAGE. For me he bottled it a few times today. I am not referring to the physical side of his game, I am referring to taking a few more chances/showing greater intent when he is on the ball. One moment screamed to me - he received the ball across him from right after about 75 mins, he took a touch to the left to get across the man and instead of then driving in behind and either drawing the foul or taking a pop, he simply laid off a short ball with no option for an incisive return. Again, I appreciate he was not the only one today, but every other player 'wanted' it, and to me, he looks scared and low on confidence. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I want him to rise, start taking games/trying to take them, and prove me wrong!
Listen, you are judging him harshly on his current poor form. He is normally one of the most creative midfielders in the country, but one who is going through a thin time atm. Yes of course we can try for an upgrade but that is never easy at this level, we could just as easily splash out and get in a complete dud. Lord knows we've had a few of them in the past few seasons. Paulinho anyone?

Remember, ALL players go through bad spells so my advice is show a bit of patience.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Absolutely horrible today and poor in all the other games. He has to be dropped until he feels rested or gets his head right. For someone with that much talent it was so bad going forward and back. He needs to pull his head out of arse very quickly.

Drop him and play Lamela in the hole with son right to add some much needed pace.

Fitness can't be an excuse for him as he's about the only player in the squad who didn't have a big international tournament this summer. So his pre-season will have been perfect.

He had a bad game, but he's being made to look worse than he is by Lamela's tendency to take the ball and drive forward in a penetrating manner. I found almost no difference between him and Alli, for example - but Lamela made him look bad by dint of his tireless running and actual attacking intent.

To be honest, the worse Eriksen plays, the weaker his negotiating position gets, so I'm not too fussed about it either way - if he signs a new contract, fantastic, since we'll probably have secured a marginally less expensive/more secure deal than we otherwise would have had he been playing well and drawing attention.

With Eriksen, it's vital to remember that form is temporary - class is permanent. Moving him on is absolutely not on from my perspective - he's one of our best players, and one of our most high-profile ones. And I have zero confidence that him leaving will see us improve in either the short or the long term, because finding someone better is hardly guaranteed. We might well end up with the worst case scenario of relying on Onomah or Edwards to fill the gap while the Eriksen replacement (no doubt selected based on how cheap he is, and no doubt signed after a long-drawn out saga to minimise even that price, preparation be damned) tries to get up to speed, or going with Kane in the #10 position for an extended period as opposed to just as a stop gap while Dembele's out and Janssen's fit and eager.

Fitness can't be an excuse for him as he's about the only player in the squad who didn't have a big international tournament this summer. So his pre-season will have been perfect.
Kick a man when he is down, why not? I repeat, he is going through a spell of poor form atm. That can happen at any time of year. Show a bit of faith ffs.

Listen, you are judging him harshly on his current poor form. He is normally one of the most creative midfielders in the country, but one who is going through a thin time atm. Yes of course we can try for an upgrade but that is never easy at this level, we could just as easily splash out and get in a complete dud. Lord knows we've had a few of them in the past few seasons. Paulinho anyone?

Remember, ALL players go through bad spells so my advice is show a bit of patience.

He spends a good 30-40% of his career in these runs of poor form though. He hasn't ironed them out as he's got older as you would expect

Eriksen does have some world class ability inside, somewhere, trouble is, he's becoming less and less useful. He's no longer a 'first name of the team sheet' player. He's slowly dropping down the list. I'm not sure we should move him right away, but in all honesty can we really keep having him drop further and further? I just don't know.

He spends a good 30-40% of his career in these runs of poor form though
Have to hand it to you GB when it comes to hyperbole you take some beating. So kindly explain to me why is it that, despite such long runs of poor form, he rarely if ever gets dropped? And why is it that despite his poor form from such a key position we were the PL top scorers last season? And how come we managed to finish 3rd?

I despair.

I feel like it's important to state this again, just for emphasis - for those thinking about moving Eriksen on, also think about who we'd replace him with. Will we buy a player of equivalent or better skills, profile, willingness to work hard and ability to change games? Or will we buy the cheapest option we can get away with, trusting in his raw potential to *eventually* come to fruition and create a replacement for Eriksen while playing Onomah, Winks and Edwards in his position and stomaching the inevitable (and extremely obvious) drop in quality that will result?

Eriksen's one of the best players we have. He has slumps, like any player. But that isn't in any way a reason to consider moving him on, because our key considerations in any such deal will be balancing the net spend ,looking for long-term value and targeting players willing to accept relatively low wages, not replacing him with an equivalent player ready to contribute straight away. Given that tradeoff, we should be looking to keep our best players, not move them on *by choice* (which seems inconceivably short-sighted to me).

Have you noticed this lack of, or perceived lack of, form has coincided with his contract negotiations. Perhaps that is weighing heavily on him at the moment.

I wish I was.
He is a fine player. He has tremendous talent. But if you had been privvy to my thoughts the last two seasons you would know I am absolutely NOT simply judging him on this early season.

I believe he is capable of being our talisman, I have waited two seasons to see him advance himself from what he has always been (a fine player with the potential to be great) yet at critical moments he has been unable to do so. I know the stats and I know how important he is to the system we play, but the fact is if he does not step
up soon then he will be replaced! We won't give him what he wants, he won't sign a new deal and we will sell him maybe even this season.

I have no choice but to be patient, and believe me, I WANT him to be our Hazard...but I would really like a sign!

Last edited:
Have you noticed this lack of, or perceived lack of, form has coincided with his contract negotiations. Perhaps that is weighing heavily on him at the moment.

Indeed, we were discussing that earlier. I will speculate that Eriksen is perhaps of a more sensitive nature and as such, this might be affecting him. But in fairness, the world-beaters get on with it. Modric did.

He had a bad game, but he's being made to look worse than he is by Lamela's tendency to take the ball and drive forward in a penetrating manner. I found almost no difference between him and Alli, for example - but Lamela made him look bad by dint of his tireless running and actual attacking intent.

To be honest, the worse Eriksen plays, the weaker his negotiating position gets, so I'm not too fussed about it either way - if he signs a new contract, fantastic, since we'll probably have secured a marginally less expensive/more secure deal than we otherwise would have had he been playing well and drawing attention.

With Eriksen, it's vital to remember that form is temporary - class is permanent. Moving him on is absolutely not on from my perspective - he's one of our best players, and one of our most high-profile ones. And I have zero confidence that him leaving will see us improve in either the short or the long term, because finding someone better is hardly guaranteed. We might well end up with the worst case scenario of relying on Onomah or Edwards to fill the gap while the Eriksen replacement (no doubt selected based on how cheap he is, and no doubt signed after a long-drawn out saga to minimise even that price, preparation be damned) tries to get up to speed, or going with Kane in the #10 position for an extended period as opposed to just as a stop gap while Dembele's out and Janssen's fit and eager.

Alli switched positions to accommodate/had to drop deeper. He had to change his game and was still more purposeful with the ball. This is the main issue for me, I have no problem with poor form but don't hide, and too often today, Eriksen chose to hide instead of try to take charge IMO...

Have to hand it to you GB when it comes to hyperbole you take some beating. So kindly explain to me why is it that, despite such long runs of poor form, he rarely if ever gets dropped? And why is it that despite his poor form from such a key position we were the PL top scorers last season? And how come we managed to finish 3rd?

I despair.

Let me ask you this question.
Is this as good as you think he can be?
If it is, would you make him our highest paid player?
(That was two, sorry, I lied!!!!!)

I despair.

He gives good head? I have no idea

Son--Alli--Lamela has got to be our AM for the next match

He's gone through periods like this before though where he is off form for weeks and months. At least we have some alternatives now.

Isn't that the case with every single player at every single club ever?

Back