• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

That will certainly help. Not only do they lose out on the revenue they would no doubt be banking on, but a lot of their players are not going to be happy with being kept out of European competitions. Which is partly why I was wondering how a transfer ban could impact on outgoings. I just can't remember from the last ban they had. But anything that sows dissatisfaction within the camp has to be a good thing.
And yet a part of me can't help but think they will still - unjustly - come out of this smelling of roses.

With that many potential first team players there will be dissatisfaction in the group, all of them should believe they should be in the team.

With that many potential first team players there will be dissatisfaction in the group, all of them should believe they should be in the team.
And if they’re not playing, they’re training. And from what I’ve learned over the years players love playing matches but less so training. Definitely potential for dissent in the ranks. Although I suppose high wages help mitigate that to some extent.

The money is great, but any ambitious professional wants to play and get the glory
I agree. At least that is what you would want from a player. But I recall @Finney Is Back saying many times, based on his knowledge of his Dad being an agent, that a player’s first question on learning a club is interested in buying him, is “what wages are they offering?” Not “how much game time will I get?” Or any other criteria. I may be taking that too literally but I can certainly imagine the wages being the attraction first and foremost. And the disgruntlement coming later.

I agree. At least that is what you would want from a player. But I recall @Finney Is Back saying many times, based on his knowledge of his Dad being an agent, that a player’s first question on learning a club is interested in buying him, is “what wages are they offering?” Not “how much game time will I get?” Or any other criteria. I may be taking that too literally but I can certainly imagine the wages being the attraction first and foremost. And the disgruntlement coming later.

That's right, but Danny Murphy was commenting on the Chelsea specific thing and made the point that players were motivated by two things

- Improve yourself to be the best player you could be
- Improve your performance to bump your next contract in 1/2/3 years

His point, when you take that second piece completely out (I'm good for 7 years), it might be hard to measure but absolutely naïve to believe it has no impact on player motivation.

I also think Chelsea & United are such cluster fudges/circus environments that no player is looking at that and going "yes, that's a club/project I want to be part of", it's 100% mercenary/money, and those players always have some level of motivation problems

Amortisation is now over 5 years regardless of contract length, if I have that right.
I think they also did something dodgy with selling the women's team to another part of the business (or something like that).
I'm just hoping (praying) he's building a house of cards, and it will be the one more dodgy deal that brings it all crashing down.
Having said that I don't belive Boehly is stupid or naive. He's gaming the system, having found the loopholes that allows him to do so.
Eventually they'll run out of things to sell to themselves, but then they'll probably be allowed to buy it back for £1 and sell it again, because Richard Masters is utterly clueless and has no balls, no plan, no vision. He's utterly incompetent for that job!

Eventually they'll run out of things to sell to themselves, but then they'll probably be allowed to buy it back for £1 and sell it again, because Richard Masters is utterly clueless and has no balls, no plan, no vision. He's utterly incompetent for that job!

He's leaving isn't he?

Masters? I haven't seen that, but that's great news if true! Weakest "leader" I've ever seen. Wouldn't have him manage a sausage van! Let's hope they bring in a proper leader.

He was on talk sport. Was only half listening. Thought they said he'd be leaving. Can't find anything though. (Google is utter crap these days).

He was on talk sport. Was only half listening. Thought they said he'd be leaving. Can't find anything though. (Google is utter crap these days).
I heard the Jim White interview with him, where he answered roughly none of the the questions asked. Can't remember anything about him leaving in that one.

I heard the Jim White interview with him, where he answered roughly none of the the questions asked. Can't remember anything about him leaving in that one.

It wasn't the interview itself. It was in the studio.

As i said wasn't paying proper attention. So could be wrong.

Hopefully a transfer ban would require them to appoint Lampard as manager. like last time.

They won't get a transfer ban. It has to be points deductions.

The everton and forest cases have set precedents. With the reports saying any club receiving a sporting benefit. Receives a sporting punishment.

If proven (they've already admitted to it). Chelsea would not have just broken psr. They would have committed fraud.

There will be mitigation as they self reported. Can't see it be a transfer ban though.

Being a manager is a ridiculously difficult job these days. A lad gets left out of the squad and his camp issues a statement in the hour before the game. A complete lack of regard for the team.

Obviously players will be tinkled, particularly one of Sterling’s standing. But there is something selfish and classless about this.

Being a manager is a ridiculously difficult job these days. A lad gets left out of the squad and his camp issues a statement in the hour before the game. A complete lack of regard for the team.

Obviously players will be tinkled, particularly one of Sterling’s standing. But there is something selfish and classless about this.

If a club is trying to force you to take a move to say saudi. I can understand it.

Chelsea gave him the contract. If they want him out. Pay him.

We've had to do it with ndombele. Not his fault they bought a load of players and are in trouble with psr.

Back